“My way Feb 2014”

Ranked #41 of 136 Hotels in Hua Hin
Essex, United Kingdom
“My way Feb 2014”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I found the pictures on the websites quite deceiving, although the place did grow on me throughout my stay. I stayed in a standard twin room in the 'classic music' building, my room was on the third floor and I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs to get to it, there was no lift which was fine until I had to carry my bag down..
The bathroom was too small and the shower was basically in the middle of the bathroom with a little curtain around it, which meant the whole bathroom floor got soaked when showering.
The room however was fine and the air con was brilliant although there was no kettle or tea and coffee supplied in the room but you could order it through room service, this was a pain for me as I had an eye infection which needed cleaning 4times a day with hot water and the tap water wasn't hot enough!
The pool was a brilliant size although there is limited space around the pool so the sun beds where almost always occupied.
The gym is very small but the air con works well, fortunately when I was training I was the only one in there, there is defiantly not enough room for more than one person. The gym equipment is limited, but enough for what I needed.
The hotel was very clean, there was always staff around the hotel cleaning up and the wifi is very strong and works all over the hotel.
The hotel is a 20min walk from market village and about a 50min walk from the night markets, the hotel offers a free shuttle to the night market at 6, 6.20 and 6.40 but you have to find your own way back, a tuk tuk is only 100baht.
One of the most definite pros for this hotel is that it has a brilliant and friendly staff team who are always willing to help:)

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Somerset
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

It has been a good year since I was here, and the new rooms are beautiful. Each room is themed to some of the greatest legends of the pop world, with murals on the wall that ardent music fans will appreciate.
Reception is inside now and the staff wear musically themed clothing which for the ladies is very attractive. Next to reception is the piano lounge to relax in with a freshly brewed coffee from the barista in the My way cafe.
Everywhere you walk around the complex cool contemporary sounds are pipped out to help you relax in the quietest part of what has become a noisy town (due to development ). The pool as ever is central to the whole place and sparkles like a diamond in a crown, due to its cleanliness and size. This place is an oasis of calm and tranquility and one must remember that this is not a corporate run hotel, it is a genuine Thai family who care very much about every guest and there well being. I had a wonderful stay and can't wait to get back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JustJack112
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friends and I enjoyed our stay at My Way Hua-Hin. The rooms are tastefully and creatively decorated with a "Music/Musician" theme. The beach is across the street and down another short street, but the pool is great if you don't want to walk or get salty. I also really enjoyed the little coffee shop at the front of the hotel, good coffee and nice decor. The staff was friendly, and when our air conditioning wasn't cooling off the room, they quickly moved us to another room.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a kitchenette, which would be great for a bit of a longer stay if you wanted to be a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed September 29, 2013

very nice hotel, stylish and comfortable, rooms are clean and well decorated (piano in the room, acoustic guitar on the wall, if you are musician you should enjoy this...). breakfast is a bit limited and the restaurant was not operating for lunch and dinner, guess due to low season, so you've got to go out for food....walking distance from the beach, you can also get a tuk-tuk and drop in town, rather easy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed for a night with my friends. I had so many options over the internet while browsing for a place to stay but when i stumbled on My Way, i really wanted to stay on this hotel. Mainly, i love the musical instruments designs. The location is not good for those who eyes for the beach for swimming, though they have a swimming pool. Never tried the restaurant but very accessible to the malls and markets for shopping an eating. I had a perfect sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights in the hotel in August 2013. As a swimmer, the swimming pool was a big advantage. The rooms are nice, but the issues we encountered during our stay were far too many and far too slowly to be resolved.

PROS: polite staff, clean, good facilities (only the bathroom has started showing its age, but still okay for mid-range), great 25m swimming pool (but keep your eye on the children, as there is no staff member around at all times).

CONS: (1) MANAGEMENT – This hotel is not well managed IMHO (refer list of 6 issues below) – most issues got resolved (at some stage), but not prevented in advance or even handled immediately. You are most likely to ask twice or three time before it is looked at. | (2) LOCATION – not too far from the beach (which is far from being great), but a long (and boring) walk to the centre. In the heat of Thailand, you would need a transport (taxi /rent a motorbike, but beware of the many police traps). Not great if you like drinking. Taxi would not be considered expensive for tourists, but it is a lot in local terms for such a distance (B100-120 would get you much further in Bangkok). | (3) IN-ROOM SAFE – the in-room safe looked okay, but after a couple of days we discovered that it was not fixed to anything and we could easily lift it and carry it outside the room. How comfortable would you feel to leave your valuables in such a safe?

MANAGEMENT ISSUES: We encountered a few issues during our 4 day stay there, some of which were handled after a few complaints, but not all. Key issues included: (1) CONSTRUCTION NEXT DOOR: 2-3 hotels were being refurbished or built next door (August 2013). Always a risk when you book accommodation in Thailand in advance. However, given that the hotel was almost empty (low season), we would have expected them to give us a room on the other side, which would have reduced the noise to some extent. I suspect that as they have had our money, they preferred to keep the better located rooms for other arrivals. As we arrived at night, we discovered the construction only when we woke up at 7am the next morning…| (2) NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING RECEPTIONISTS: We have managed to speak to only 2 people in the hotel and they were not always around. The receptionists were not able to communicate in English, which is a bit weird if you are targeting International tourism. Not easy, when you get a phone call from the reception and they fail to explain themselves or understand you. | (3) INTERNET IN THE ROOM: We had no Internet reception in the room, despite the fact that it was advertised as part of the deal. It took 2 days to get it sorted despite a few promises to rectify quickly. Certainly not ideal. We managed to convince them to bring the router down from level 3 to our room. Luckily for us, it was a low season and the hotel was almost empty. Not sure that we could resolve that in the high season. Obviously, they need more routers to service 3 levels. | (4) NO ELECTRICITY FOR A FEW HOURS: Blackouts do happen in Thailand, more often than one should expect. For us it was just another issue in a long list. | (5) NO WATER: Issues with the pump on day 3 rectified only on day 4, despite promises to fix earlier. No water supply to the room is unacceptable. The receptionist in the morning was not even aware of our request from the evening before to check the issue. | (6) SECURITY AT NIGHT: There is no reception at night, only a sleeping security man (he opened one eye only in one of the 4 nights when we entered).

NOTE REGARDING POLICE TRAPS IN HUA HIN: Beware of police traps when renting a bike (mainly around the centre). In Thailand, one is allowed to turn left in red light as well (as long as it is safe, i.e., no other traffic). In Hua Hin, there are signs that forbid drivers from doing so. However, they have placed them low on the traffic light pole where they do not stand out and they are not the international ‘No Right Turn’ signs. Not surprisingly, there would always be a police ambush next to them. Fine of B500 is not a big deal, but I would rather use it to buy a few more bottles of Singha beer… Also, I suspect that it goes straight into the pockets of the policeman… (i.e., he uses it to buy Singhas for himself… ;-)) I asked for a receipt, which the policeman was not very happy with and made a few attempts to avoid. When you ask for a receipt, it is likely that they have to report the fines and can’t put it in their pockets.

Room Tip: If you go in the low season and not on a weekend, no need to book in advance. You can then make sure...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TomGMelb
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night. The hotel is located on the main road close to night market, 30 mins walk. They also have a shuttle to the night market and back. They much cross the road to go to the beach about 10 mins.

The lobby, room decorated with musical instruments including bowed strings, woodwind, brass, percussion, keyboard, and the guitar, sax, etc,

Our room was small and clean.No elevator. The breakfast is not included.
The pool is excellent infinity pool.
Car park in front of the hotel was convenient with security guard.

Staff was friendly.

I would recommend this hotel for people who love the location and the idea of wanting to stay at a great pool for a budget price.

Room Tip: Villa suite better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple