“nice beach escape” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 133 Hotels in Hua Hin
Taipei
“nice beach escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Forth time to stayed in this hotel, Just open about five years. This is a beatiful and new hotel in hua hin, TOp end standard, beautiful swimming pool, but not very city center like sofitel.
I book a standard room at the rate around 6000+THB, but for royal ambassador(the heighlst member level in IHG) I got upgrade to a deluxe suite with club benefit(I stayed in villa, premier suite, and deluxe suite) deluxe suite is in the main building, about 1.5X then standard room, but view is very bed.
However when we arrivd, the club staff Bella told me we have been up grade to premier poor access suite(the best suite in this hotel, the furtehr one will be vill and royal residency).
The room is so huge, and you can walk in to private pool from you balcony(actually this poor shared with 6 room).

The main pool also very spectaculous, very good.
THe food insdie is also delicious, a llitle expensive then night market, but taste well

Room Tip: villa is very good, but cost 15000THB and cannot get by upgrade, don`t pay too much for a pool acces...
1 Thank taipeitongue
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear taipeitongue,

We truly appreciate your 5 star review on TripAdvisor and your patronage towards our resort!

The team and I delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you liked your well deserved upgrade as a Royal Ambassador! I will gladly share your feedback with the team, especially our food & beverage colleagues.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future for another fantastic stay!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Have to review this holiday in the middle of our trip! Hua Hin was our first leg at the Intercontinental resort.
What can I say!
Our stay was unbelievable :)! The resort and grounds are beautiful.
We arrived as a family of 6. Some of our party vegetarian can I just say nothing was ever too much. We were brilliantly catered for! The manager Mr Schwartz was always on duty really living up to the Manager role and constantly making sure everyone was ok without being over bearing. All the staff were patient hospitable and continuously smiling, nothing was ever too much.
The rooms were well kept and maintained. Unfortunately as we were not able to get an upgrade on one night ( intercontinental card members) we were given upgrades to the delux suite which was mesmerising :) and complimentary club access! This was well worth it with a vast array of snacks, canapés and drinks :)
The hotel staff are a credit to themselves and I would never hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone of my family and friends. Top notch :)
A special mention to all the reception team, Mr Schwartz for personally looking after us, Patrick the head chef at felicity and Manit our waiter and Bom for making us fresh hash browns at our request every breakfast :)
We love you all!
The Karia Family

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Sunseaandsandybeach
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Karia Family,

Thank you very much for your kind words and choosing the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort for the first leg of your family vacation!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and the team and I are truly happy that you enjoyed the resort and our service. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to the team and thank them for making your stay memorable!

We would like to wish you wonderful days of your remaining vacation and we hope to welcome you back to our resort in the future!

Benjamin

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Do not hesitate a second whilst looking for a place to stay in Hua Hin, InterContinental has everything you need to enjoy! Perfectly located and direct access to the beach. The team at the hotel will go beyond your expectations to offer you memorable experiences. Many F&B offers to enjoy a nice cocktail by the pool. Can't wait to be back!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Globetrotter1605
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Globetrotter1605,

Thank you for your 5 star review and choosing our resort while staying in Hua Hin!

Our highest aim is to offer our guests a memorable experience and we are very happy we succeeded in your case! I will gladly share your feedback with the team, I am sure they will be very proud of your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Warm regards from sunny Hua Hin,

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great Hotel full stop.

Beautiful design.
Stunning pool.
Spacious rooms with great big luxurious bathrooms.
Set back away from the busy main road ... This hotel sits right on the sea with easy beach access.
Breakfast was fab. As was dinner.
Chill out nights with DJ. Wine. Fire pit. Truly relaxing. Thank You.
The Thai food at Pirom was delicious.
Did not eat at the Italian Felicita restaurant, but it smelt good :-)

The only negatives for me was that the
(a) Azure Beach Grill restaurant did not serve breakfast (that was a shame as its such a magical spot) and menu here could have been a little more innovative (not sure about the Tacos)
(b) the sound from the DJ could have spilled further across the pool (then again i love music)
(c) more attentive pool service

All in all though a perfect stay.
A great escape from Bangkok for a long weekend.

1 Thank thomas_destinations
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear thomas_destinations,

Thank you very much for choosing the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort for your recent stay and your 5 star review!

The team and I are delighted that you had a wonderful and relaxing time at our resort. Our food and beverage team will be proud of your positive comments and I am especially happy you enjoyed our chill-out nights with our Resident DJ.

Please allow me to also thank you for giving us feedback on areas we can still improve. I will share your comments with the concerned for review and action. Concerning our menu selection at Azure, please be informed that during the day we offer a food selection that presents a more lighter al fresco style to suit the sun, pool and beach. In the evening we offer a different menu with a strong seafood influence to mirror the heritage of Hua Hin.

We look forward to welcome you back for another great escape and please do not hesitate to contact me at benjamin.schwarz@ihg.com, if I can be of further assistance.

Kind regards from Hua Hin,

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We have just returned from our stay at the Hua Hin Intercontinental. What a delightful treat! I could not have even imagined that out stay could have been this magical.
We are a family of six and my four children aged from 15 years to 7 years especially loved this resort! This was a resort, without being the typical resort . This place was personal, quiet, charming, beautiful, very clean and so relaxing!!! The staff were outstanding, without imposing and nothing was ever a problem. My family felt safe and relaxed at all times. upon wanting to dine with my husband at 10.30 in the evening, this was not a problem even when the resturant had closed for the evening. And the meal at this hour was outstanding!!!!The staff seemed so accommodating. Thankyou!!
I would recommend this place to families, especially for stop-overs like ours, on return from Europe.
Benjamin's team and service will be remembered for some time to come, especially the care that was taken when I had to visit the local hospital due to an ear infection.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank virginia n
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear virginia n,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort for a stopover from Italy and your wonderful review on TripAdvisor!

The team and I are delighted that you loved your stay with us and I happily shared your feedback with them.

We look forward to welcome you back to our resort and I am happy that you returned safe and well to Australia.

Benjamin

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel and room are beautiful, spacious and well design and decorated. Although the pool has a excellent layout with many sun tanning chairs and cabanas around, lack of speaker to have music to bring up the atmosphere especially around the pool bar area which have many customers enjoying their drinks. Hope this can be improve like all the other well known 5 stars hotel to make the pool atmosphere lively.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Aaron G,

Thank you for your recent stay at our resort and taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our pool landscape - all the decor around the resort is carefully chosen to compliment the contemporary Thai architecture. Let me also thank you for your feedback on the music around the pool, your helpful comments will be reviewed with the team. I hope you had the chance to hear our Resident DJ who plays chill-out tunes around the pool for happy hour.

The team and I look forward to welcome you back for another perfect getaway!

Kind regards from Hua Hin,
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the first time, also first time in Hua Hin. The hotel itself is beautiful, well thought out design, and a very lovely pool with sun-loungers. We have been to many 5 star international hotels and unfortunately we found the food very average, considering it is InterCon. When we ordered room service some of the dishes were just 'warm' while the other dishes were steaming hot. Maybe it is because the dishes were cooked in separate kitchens/restaurants and are not cooked at the same time? Therefore when it is delivered to your room you will find the Thai curry is warm but the steak and chips is pipping hot (?). This happened to us twice. For the breakfast buffet, it was also average. Most of the dishes were just warm. There were flies on the salads/cakes/buns, so it would make sense to cover these dishes with lids (?).

In terms of cleanliness we found our room to be poor even after the cleaner cleaned out our room. We found dirt/dust inside the bath tub and it was so obviously she didn't bother cleaning the tub for two days because the dirt was still there. When we checked in there was only one toothbrush, why not two considering there are two customers checking in? Also some days the cleaner did not replace toilet paper so we rang room service quite a bit to get more toilet paper or shower gel.

I didn't expect this service and we only came to this hotel because we had a wonderful experience at the InterCon in Bangkok. We are not fussy travellers but when it comes to food and cleanliness at a 5 star hotel I imagine it being a major priority.

Overall, it was a relaxing break, pool was amazing, the staff are friendly enough but it is a shame about the food and cleanliness/standards. I will still consider returning to this hotel, and hope it would have improved because it is a lovely hotel itself.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BG20142014
Mgmt_ICHH, Resort Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear BG20142014,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your first stay in Hua Hin and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor!

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experience during your stay. Your valuable comments will be shared with the concerned departments and reviewed. We are committed to deliver a memorable experience to our guests and maintain highest standards, which in your case we failed to deliver.

The team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to give us the chance to redeem ourselves. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance at benjamin.schwarz@ihg.com.