“perfect getaway retreat under 3hrs drive from Bangkok”

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #4 of 134 Hotels in Hua Hin
London
“perfect getaway retreat under 3hrs drive from Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

drove with own car from our house in Bangkok to Hua Hin, after the stress of getting out of Bangkok, we received a refreshinhg and nice welcome drink at checkin. unfortunately didn't had the time to drink it all out as the checkin process is very smooth and efficient, followed with a butler showing us around.
we liked the hotel, the architecture of the garden and pool area, leading up to the beach is excellent.
i will defintely return to this hotel for a short break escape when in Bangkok.

visited the wine yard and the old royal summer residence by private hoteltaxi. a day well spend and good value for money.

areas for improvement:
1)my skin is very sensitive to sunburn, i can only expose before 10 AM or after 16h. the pool area have little areas that are protected enough against direct sunlight. However the pool staff was extremely hlpfull moving us around, no effort too big for them and more over on their own initiative and with a smile.
Thank you Diamond !
2) food:
2a) Azure, fish restaurant. there is hardly any fish on the menu. from a sea side resport, i would look forward eating fresh fish, big lobsters (as in Pattaya for example). it was quite disappointing with nothing impressive on the menu.
2b) breakfast: is spread across different locations, a bit of a hassle to search for the combination of food you are looking for requiring multiple walks to and from your table.
2c) the Thai restaurant: being belgian, culinary experiences are part of my culture. when eating in Thailand, i look for an exotic journey of flavours and aromas throughout the menu in every dish i explore. Whilst the food is undoubtedly very good (we dined every day at the hotel) , missed the "wow" factor i find in European Michelin star rated restaurants.
Having said this, the overall standard is excellent and wil definitely return to this hotel;.

price wise, the food costs double of what i paid at Holiday Inn Pattaya. the price difference is not reflected in the "experience", But my benchmark standards are high.

Room Tip: talk to hotel concierge services for sightseeings in the area. Many things to do and well affordable...
1 Thank patrickfouquet
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear patrickfouquet,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and found the resort standards excellent.I also take very good note on your comments and suggestions , please rest assured I will share them with our food and beverage colleagues in order to revise menus . We are actually about to renovate all pool furniture soon and your comments in regards to the shadow areas by the pool are also very well received.

Again, Thank you very much for staying with us and for such a constructive and positive review.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The InterContinental was an extremely nice (but pricey) hotel on the "strip" in front of the beach in Hua Hin, Thailand. The centerpiece of the hotel is the main pool leading to the beach along with swimmable "moats" around the buildings housing the guests' rooms, which you can swim in by just stepping out onto your patio and slipping right into 1.5 deep pools running alongside the building. Very nice! The rooms themselves are great with terrific lighting combinations, very good AC systems, beautiful bathrooms with tub and large shower, and terrific electronics for music (Bose speakers hooked up to an IPod jack), TV and wifi connections. The food offered to us was fantastic as well. So, no downsides and a very nice stay overall--we were very impressed!

Room Tip: Many of the rooms were similar, and all were equally nice.
2 Thank rcworden57
Dear rcworden57,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort.

I am very glad to read that you that you had a great stay and were impressed with the resort facilities and service provided by our staff.Our culinary team will be delighted to know that you found their food terrific.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We travelled mid July this year with friends... great weather, perfect plc for a 2 day trip...

The only low point was having to wait till 4pm for a room after a long drive from bkk....However, once escalated to the manager, we were upgraded (sadly had a techincal issue in that as well , our AC ducts were dripping water all night!)

The property in itself is what I would expect from intercontinental hotels.. having stayed in them on our previous trips... The pool is excellent with a bar near the pool - M the bartender was superb and made some excellent mojitos !

The area for bfast is very nice ..inset tables with waterbodies around ,, with a very good spread - but the room service menu was limited....

Would recommend staying here - but make sure you remind them that you are coming !! :)

Room Tip: Either sea room or the Suite (has a jacuzzi and is huge!! )
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Shakun_09,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review in TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to know that you had a good stay overall, however , I am also very sorry to learn that you have experienced certain service shortfalls that should never occur.

I do really apologize for the inconvenience.Like all hotels, on very high volume days, we might experience some little delays ,but this is very unusual . We always try to ensure a smooth and personalized check in process.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly for your next stay at juan.losada@ihg.com and I will personally ensure you have a memorable time with us.

M , our Pool Bar bartender, will be very happy to read your kind words in regards to his great work and the quality of his mojitos. Thank you for recognizing his effort.

I look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Best Regards

Juan Losada
Director of Guest Services.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Before decided to stay there for 3 nights with my boyfriend, I did some research here and was attracted by its enchanting sea view and relaxing interiors. And finally it was far more than I expected! Luckily, our room was upgraded to Deluxe Suite Room, we were impressed by the huge sitting area and extra bathtub in the balcony. Every staff was extremely helpful, friendly, and very effective when arranging transportations for us. The breakfast was also terrific, there was wide range of food, the outdoor eating area was also very nice. Though the resort is not located at the city centre, it was easy to get tuk tuk service nearby for sightseeing. It would be more ideal if we could stay longer! Definitely we will visit again!

1 Thank Yam H
Dear Jenny Y,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort.

I am delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and that your expectations were exceeded. Thank you also for the great comments in regards to the restaurants and food quality, rest assured I will share your review with my colleagues form the Food and Beverage departments, who I am sure will appreciate your kind words.

I trust we will not have to wait too long to have the opportunity to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at juan.losada@ihg.com should you require any assistance.

Bangkok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with a group under meeting package.

- nice small hotel with good breakfastbreakfast
- Wait 30 mins for luggage to arrive at my room after made a call to complain.
- 3 missed calls during settling down in my room, changing Swim trunk for kids. Picked up the phone at 4th call, it was reception who asked to charge more for breakfast. Informed them to speak to Organizer as was informed that everything was included.
- after finished meeting the first day, come back to see messy room because of kids. Call reception for service, they responded that they could not do another round of cleaning as it s hotel.policy to clean room one time a day. End up, had to stay in bed with sands from the beach.
- got a call on the way back to Bangkok that I have not paid the extra surcharge on room upgraded. I told them I already paid. Reception said the charge was for breakfast, not the room upgrade! I told them that breakfast was included as I had confirmed with organizer. They still said 'no''. My friends who joined our group all got phone call from Reception on breakfast charges.

Very bad managed hotel. It s my bad to give mobile phone to hotel so they keptkept calling.

My lesson learnt this week is 'Don't give your mobile phone number to any hotel'.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank MookBangkok
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear MookBangkok,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the service shortfalls you have experienced during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the Front Office, Housekeeping and Operator departments in order to investigate and avoid these kind of issues.

Obviously this is not the usual service delivered by our staff like most of the reviewers confirm with their comments on this same TripAdvisor page.However the service you have received it's not acceptable for our standards and a thoughtful action plan will be prepared to ensure this kind of situations do not happen again.

Please feel free to contact me directly at Juan.Losada@ihg.com in order to discuss this matter if you wish, as I would love you to come back to our resort and prove you the great service this resort can deliver.

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights to celebrate our anniversary and it was perfect! All of the rooms are gorgeous, the pool area is huge, and the beach in front of the resort has perfect fine, white sand. All of the people at this hotel were super friendly and really went out of their way to make our stay special. We entered our room to find rose petals on the bed, a rose bouquet (!), chocolate cake, and rose petals in the bathtub! They also give you a welcome drink and jasmine flower bracelets when you arrive. I was planning to spend all my time on the beach but the pool area is so amazing that we mostly stayed there! The swim-up pool bar is great, all the drinks are made with fresh ingredients, and the pina coladas are the best I've had. We had smoothies by the pool each morning and they brought us complimentary fruit as well. The bartenders were hilarious and very friendly. We didn't eat at the sit-down hotel restaurants but we did have tasty drinks at Leela Bar one night. Only negative: the restaurants were a little expensive and we wanted cheaper, authentic Thai food. Basically the prices for everything are like any hotel/resort in the U.S., which was fine with us because the whole experience was like a few days in paradise! We can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful! Even rooms on the street are quiet.
1 Thank mapleaflove
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear mapleaflove,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor,

One of our main objectives at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort is to create memorable experiences for our guests, therefore we are all delighted to know that we have succeeded in the celebration of your anniversary.
Our butlers and housekeepers will be very happy to learn that you adored the romantic set up that they have prepared for you and your husband to celebrate such an occasion.

Thank you also for your kind comments on service , accommodation and facilities we provide at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

hong kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We like traveling and we like Intercontinental hotels. This one stands out. The place is close to the city yet it feels secluded. Our room had a pool outdoors, yes a pool accessible from the patio of our room and for few rooms only. We could swim late night or in the morning. Jacuzzi included of course. But the best part were the people, the smiling kind personnel who made us feel so special. That goes beyond normality and that made the difference in our holiday. Well done, it was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Room with pool is fab also now in rainy season. You can stay outdoors but protected by the patio and...
3 Thank Emiliamhongkong
JuanLosada, di at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear virginiaHongKong,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor,

I am very happy to know that you have experienced truly and genuine Thai hospitality in our resort. Our staff is with no doubt our best asset and it's always a great pleasure to read how our guests recognize their care and efficiency.

We are also very happy to read you enjoyed very much the pool access rooms , the location and the great facilities our resort offers.

I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to InterContinental Hotel Group, I can see in your profile picture that you have visited recently the InterContinental Danang, also a beautiful property.

Hopefully we 'll not have to wait for too long to have the pleasure to welcoming you back.

Best Regards