“Nice place”

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First time in Hua Hin and we were satisfied with our stay. Being Royal Ambassadors, the hotel staff was very attentive to our well being and kind to our child. The room was big and nice, including a great jacuzzi on the terrace. Restaurants were a bit expensive but nice, especially the Thai one (100€ for a 2 persons meal). Breakfast was great! Swimming pool was really nice but they should learn not to serve Bordeaux wine as cold as a beer!! Especially when you pay 15€ for a glass... The lounge was cozy and served wine at the right temperature. The afternoon cakes were a bit disappointing though, as they remained unchanged for the whole week... With regards to the hotel location, we found it quite handy, as 5-10mns away from town center and shopping malls, local restaurants. We really enjoyed our stay there and would recommand it to our friends. One thing we didn't like though: we arrived at night, after a very long trip from Paris to BKK + 3 hours drive to Hua Hin, all this with a 3 years old kid. When we arrived we were harassed to pay for the stay before doing anything else. Considering the length of our trip and the fact that we were so tired, it would have been nice to take it a bit easier on money matters... we wouldn't escape from the hotel anyway so I reckon it could have been handled in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sangre76
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Sangre76,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor ,

I am very happy to read that you had a great stay overall and enjoyed the room , facilities and quality of service. I am also very glad to see that as a Royal Ambassador you received a room upgrade to a Deluxe Suite by our Front Office staff and your VIP status was recognized upon arrival .

I would like to apologize to you if you experienced any delay at check in.We do not actually settle guests accounts until they check out , however we ask for a credit card on arrival to guarantee the expenses.This must be a smooth process(overall if you are accompanied by a child) and I'll revise to ensure delays do not happen again to other guests.

Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the wine temperature.Your comments have been passed to our Director of Food and Beverage for immediate action.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at juan.losada@ihg.com for future reservations and I'll ensure you have a great stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Kindest Regards

Director of Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,239)

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Hardware and Software in all good hotels are comparable but I found unusual was the excellent peopleware at this hotel.Very rarely you find such a great service at all levels-check in,check out,executive Lounge-excellent-whther that Tahitian youngman,Ethiopian lady,Manager,Thai Staff etc.,Filipina waitress at breakfast area,butler service,pool assistants,room service,housekeeping -personnel.All with genuine smile and great great service anticipating guest needs and demands.I have travelled around the world and staed in many IHG brands but this was exceptional service.Congratulations to General Manager.I will definitely stay there again and again.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms whree you can see both poolside and the sea.Great view maybe a 3rd floor roo as se...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anthony577
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Anthony577,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort.

I am delighted to read you had a great stay with us.At Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort, we strive to exceed each guests’ expectations thus I am delighted to hear we were able to do so for you.

Thank you also for the kind words you spoke about our team; there is no better recognition.I will be sure to inform them of your thanks.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent 5 nights there and we had a very nice stay. Since the first day, the lounge staff took care of us so nicely! They were so helpful and friendly with us! We had an amazing room, with a huge balcony included a sofa & a Jacuzzi with ocean view!

The pool is big and so nice. All the restaurants are excellent with good quality, like the Thai restaurant, the Italian... This hotel is right on the best beach area of Hua Hin. The sand and the sea is better there than some other hotel around! The Gym is well equipped, the Spa is nice, and all the facilities are really nice...

Like I said, ALL the staff was so nice with us and i would like to take time to recommend some of them, who i remember;
BELLA, PUY, KAE & NANCY for guest relation at the lounge, The GRAND CHEF (French) I forgot his name, and Director JUAN MIGUEL.

We appreciated our stay so much and we look forward to return there soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thaiger1

Dear Pierre D.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at InterContinental Hua Hin resort..

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your deluxe suite and were able to benefit from the Jacuzzi on your balcony. Even more pleased that you were able to take advantage of all of our facilities including the restaurants and Spa.

Thank you also for your kind words; I will be sure to inform Puy, Bella, Nancy, Kae and Chef Patrick of your thanks.

We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I spent three days at the InterContinental Hua Hin during my stay in August. The property is stunning; postcard worthy views, gorgeous pool with comfortable sunning bed.

The deluxe room which i had the luxury of staying in is fairly large and beautifully decorated. I love the unique resort-styled celling and i love the room configuration. The welcome note by the General manager and the sweets left by my butler added a memorable touch to my welcome.
i love lying outside the bed at the balcony, where I enjoyed almost unobstructed views of the property, pool and the beach.

The service is flawless. Hotel staff took the time and effort to show us around and property and remembered our names.

Though for all its greatness, the morning breakfast is less to be desired. The menu is repetitive and it gets tiring after three days.

All in all, an amazing property with a lot of heart and soul.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ChadTann,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our property.

I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience the luxury of our rooms and facilities. At Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort, we attempt to tailor our service for each guest, thus I am happy to hear your expectations were met.

I would also like to inform you that we are adding new dishes to the breakfast buffet in order to offer even more variety to the existent choices.

I look forward to welcome you back soon

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I am an expat working in Bangkok & have stayed at most of the top class hotels in Thailand. I have to say this is a wonderful hotel offering great rooms & 5* service. The staff really seem to care & deliver on service which many hotels in Thailand now lack. Swimming pool & beach are also superb. One criticism would be food is overpriced but hey many restaurants in nearby downtown.
Would i go back? - Definitely

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank jarsagar

Dear Jarsagar,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the rooms, pool and rest of resort facilities.I would like to personally thank you for recognizing the quality of service delivered by our staff, which is no doubt our biggest asset.

We all look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was our second stay (8 nights) in Intercontinental Hua Hin and we really enjoyed a high standard in all respect. Spacious, very clean, well designed and comfortable rooms, friendly and efficient service, fantastic breakfast (quality, variety, service), plenty of fresh fruits and juices, very good quality of coffee, wonderful overall atmosphere. Even when the hotel is at its full occupancy, you do not feel that it is crowded; you can always find a place near the pool, no shortage in towels, no problems in serving so many clients at rush hours in breakfast. During our stay, the hotel organised the Asian Beach Polo Championship (a great sport event for charity purpose), and obviously it was full of clients who had come for that event. I was afraid that with so many people around, the service would not cope but I was wrong; everything run smoothly as usual despite the extra workload. Moreover, the dinner and the fashion show which were organised on the occasion of the Beach Polo were both excellent and spectacular. My wife has also used the SPA of the hotel a couple of times and she was very satisfied. You can be confident that at this hotel you will have no unpleasant surprise and you will spend your holiday in natural elegance and comfort amongst smiling people. The beach in front of the hotel is very good and you can swim and / or walk along the several kilometres of velvet sand. Going to the town and the night-markets in the evenings it takes 8 to 10 minutes by taxi (140 Baht). You can also walk to the 'Market Village' of Hua Hin (15-20 minutes) http://www.marketvillagehuahin.com/ where you can shop and find several restaurants (including Japanese).

The final verdict for this hotel is: excellent choice, unconditionally recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sitolakis
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Sitolakis,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear you and your wife enjoyed your vacation with us at Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort and were able to take advantage of the Spa and restaurant facilities. The Beach Polo is an exceptional event and I’m delighted to hear you were able to experience it.

Again thank you very much for your great feedback .

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Director of Guest Servcices

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My first reveiw was refused , no idea why so here goes again.
If your looking to relax by the pool in serene and calm environment then this is not the hotel to visit. The pool is loud and noisy somewhat befitting of a 3* hotel with inconsiderate guests.
The rooms are nice but very hot inside , the air conditioning is insignificant.
The restaurants don't appear to be used at night mostly sitting empty which is a shame as the service is good and the good good. The prices are very inflated, maybe ought to look at reducing the prices to fill rather than having empty. Competition outside the hotel is massive though.
Breakfast buffet hmmmmm ? Well they can cook a soft boiled egg. 3 or 4 attempts a day and in four days think there was one that was actually cooked correctly. Choice is excellent with every taste catered for, although guests using meat tongs to pick up fish wasn't clever. Staff were very attentive and coffee refills came very quickly
Hua hin is very convenient when working in Bangkok with only a two hour drive, it's not the usual IHG quality but its okay as long as you don't expect too much.gardens aren't as well kept as other properties, dead leaves lying around which in other properties you wouldn't see !

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear LynneK4,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your recent stay at InterContinental Hua Hin resort.

Guest's feedback are extremely helpful in aiding us to improve and deliver a better service to our guests . I do apologize for not being able to meet your expectations and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another visit and restore your confidence in our property.

Please , feel free to contact me directly on juan.losada@ihg.com and I'll personally ensure you have a memorable stay.

Warm regards,