“Perfect accommodation!”

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #7 of 141 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Hi. Last week I booked a nice room with an incredible view over the restaurant, the swimming pool and the beach that went far beyond my expectations. Every morning I would wake up in front of the sea a bit earlier than usual to have time for a swim and a good breakfast. The furniture was stylish and top quality, specially the mattress and the sheets. I loved the shower, watched a couple of cool movies and slept even better than at home. When I arrived, I found the receptionists were very professional and kind. They made me feel welcomed from the first moment. They offered me a fresh drink and made all the process simple, fast and comfortable. Then, the butlers were available at all times, making sure that nothing was missing. I noticed everybody at Intercontinental works with a smile on their face and will assist you whenever you need, which is the most valuable thing for me. The place is beautiful and the service is honestly one of the best I have ever seen. I hope I can book the very same room the day I come back to Hua Hin because it was just perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Antonio G
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Antonio G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our rooms, facilities and services.Especially , I am very happy to learn that you felt truly welcome from the first moment you arrived to the resort.

It's always great to hear from our guests that their expectations were met and had a great stay.

We highly appreciate your compliments to our staff .

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Hua Hin Resort

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Today I had the best brunch ever. I have travelled to quite a few countries with my wife and kids and stayed at some of the most beautiful places but I honestly can't remember being treated better than this afternoon. Service was just unbeatable. And not only that, the food was really delicious and there was so much to choose from. We are definitely coming back next week.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Victor d
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear Victor d,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your brunch so much at the InterContinental Hua Hin Resort. Particularly I would like to thank you for your comments in regards to the quality and variety of the brunch.
I would also like to thank you for your recognition on the service .I am more than sure that our Culinary and Food & Beverage teams will be greatly appreciated with your comments.

We really look forward to welcome you back to the InterContinental Hua Hin.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you need to be in the center of town then the best location will be the Hilton or the Centara. But if that's not essential, then the Intercontinental is ideal as its only a five minute drive away from the center of town. For that small compromise, you get a tranquil environment and a clean and quiet beach with a well maintained and modern property. The pool is large and well laid out set in a well landscaped and maintained garden.

We occupied the Club Premier room which is well designed and has a spacious balcony with a comfortable "day bed" to laze in. Everything you need is there. However, if you need a desk to work, that's not available. This is obviously a place to relax and not to work! Wifi is available throughout the hotel for free with reasonable speed.

The Club lounge is comfortable. However, in comparison to other lounges, the daily tea time buffet is below par in terms of number of items and quality is nothing to shout about.

There are 3 F&B outlets. I had a meal at the Thai restaurant. The quality is good. But one should only go there if one is not looking for seafood as there are several excellent seafood restaurants within 10 minutes drive from the hotel for much lower prices albeit less elegant surroundings (I recommend Baan Isara). Breakfast is average in quality and range of offerings.

What does stand out is the high quality of service of the concierge desk staff. They really ensure that what you need is met. I was very impressed. The same can be said about the club lounge staff. Truly 5 star service. I attribute this to the enthusiasm of Juan Losada, Director of Rooms. He is very visible from the moment of check-in engaging with guests to ensure that all is well and motivating his team to ensure that guests are well looked after. This approach was that of the famous Mr Kurt of The Oriental Bangkok which over time ensured that The Oriental was truly the best hotel. I hope that Losada maintains his high level of commitment

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank siglo
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Siglo,

Thank you very much for posting such a positive review about your recent stay at our resort.

I am delighted to read that you enjoy our facilities , services and genuine Thai hospitality. Particularly I am very pleased to know that you found the Club Premier Room so well appointed , a product that we have introduced only few months ago.

I also would like to thank you for your kind words on the staff , including myself , it's always very rewarding to receive recognition from our guests.The whole team is delighted to receive your compliments.

We hope we can welcome you back soon to the InterContinental Hua Hin resort.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just stayed here in an ocean front pool villa for 4 nights. The villa was quite nice with a stunning view of the beach/ocean right in front of our large pool. The interior of the villa was well equipped except that the bathroom "gardens" behind the glass enclosed bathroom needed more plantings and maintenance. In fact, this was the case throughout our stay - service was very slow or nonexistent. Our towels, newspaper, water bottles were never picked up and we never received towels placed on our loungers at our pool. We came to find out this was due to the hotel being nearly fully booked and them also being woefully understaffed. The staff at the resort work extremely hard and are very pleasant, but many are simply being over-worked given the number of guests and rooms.

I am also not a fan of the butler concept unless you have adequate staff. Four butlers for 119 rooms is not adequate. I have also seen this concept fail at several St. Regis's as well. The only hotels I've seen this concept work are where you have a floor butler (MO Bangkok) or 1 butler for each room (Aman Resorts and The Siam Hotel).

The food available is a bit uneven and average. We found that Pirom (the Thai restaurant) was the best of the three. Breakfast quality is not a 5* experience either but simply adequate.

Overall a nice stay, but service is not even close to the 5* experiences I have had elsewhere and this is not because of a poor staff, simply an overworked one.

1  Thank Mace B
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear mlb11,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the intercontinental Hua Hin Resort.

I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have taken good note of the shortcomings you have mentioned and shared with our Housekeeping ,Butler and Food & Beverage teams.

The situation that has happened during your stay was very unusual as other reviews can confirm, mostly very positive in regards to service . However I agree in every single point you have made and we'll definitely look into improving those areas .

I would also like to thank you for your kind words on the staff in regards to their caring , friendliness and hard working attitude.

Please feel free to contact me directly in future stays as I would like to ensure personally you have a great stay, you can reach me on juan.losada@ihg.com

We look forward to welcome you back and deliver the great service that you expect.

Kindest regards

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and it was absolutely amazing. We were given a room with a view of the lawn, pool, and at a distance, the sea. The service staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was fantastic. There was a great amount of attention paid to details. Altogether a great hotel and wonderful staff.

2  Thank Cave_latte
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Cave_Latte,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.I was delighted to see that you also appreciated the attention to detail and the efforts from our staff, as also their charm and willing to help.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed 6 nights at the Intercon Hua Hin and were very impressed with the level of service that we received. This was our 1st visit to Thailand and though the drive down from Bangkok can take around 3hours on a busy day, it is well worth it and gave us an opportunity to see some of the countryside en-route.
The hotel is fairly new and has modern, clean look especially in the rooms where there are all facilities available to make the stay comfortable and enjoyable. We opted for the Deluxe Suite ('07' rooms) in the main hotel building which had a huge bathroom and an even bigger balcony that has a day bed and jacuzzi! There are electric screen blinds that can be used to make the area more private during the day. All the staff were very friendly and most understood basic english. A special thanks to Nancy and Justin at reception who both made our stay memorable and enjoyable. We were invited to share in the celebrations for the Queen of Thailands' Birthday which was very enjoyable as the staff all joined in the singing of the anthem etc. We also enjoyed watching the team building event that the hotel hosted for the 'Bobby Brown' Cosmetics Group. These guys and girls certainly put on a show and it was most enjoyable to watch as they competed in various activities, shows and sporting events.
We ate one evening at the Italian restaurant and though the setting outside in the sunken seating areas was good, we found the food to be expensive and bland. There are plenty of good quality restaurants nearby and most are very reasonably priced.
Would highly recommend this hotel as it is not too big and can therefore cater for your exact requirements and make your stay extra special.

Room Tip: Try and go for a room on the 4th or 5th floor if you're in the main hotel building.
1  Thank Sundodger43

Dear Sundodger43,

Greetings from InterContinental Hua Hin Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and nice review of your recent stay with us.I am delighted to know that you liked our Deluxe Suites and the rest of the facilities.

I would also like to thank you for recognizing the hospitality and efficiency of our staff , particularly Nancy and Jason.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the resort in a not too distant future.

Juan

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here for 10 nights recently and loved it. Great interconnecting rooms, fabulous pool, nice beach. Outstanding service, especially reception and the guys by the pool. Food also very good, although fairly expensive to eat there every day. However, good cheap local restaurants only a short tuk tuk ride away. Not masses to do for the kids, but with a pool and beach combination like they have it didn't matter.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
JuanLosada, Director of Guest Services at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Tim S,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback in TripAdvisor . We are delighted to read that you had a great stay with us at the InterContinental Hua Hin resort.

I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and services during your stay .I personally would like to thank you for your kind words about our staff , in particular the reception and pool attendants .

We truly appreciate your feedback and comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back .

Greetings and best wishes from charming Hin.