“A wonderful resort that exceeded my expectations”

InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Ranked #6 of 137 Hotels in Hua Hin
Stockholm, Sweden
“A wonderful resort that exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This resort is quite new and thus everything is still near perfect. It is a perfect beachfront property located on the famous Petchakasem Road, and only a short taxi ride to the center (we walked it several times). We had a deluxe suite (78-99 SQM, there are also three beachfront villas with private plunge pools and a wide variety of other suites), with a sea view and quite spacious though I must admit we were quite far from the sea because our suite was located furthest of all accommodations. Still, it was very nice view, except for the pink condominium that was a sore eye (otherwise, a marvelous suite). We had a large balcony containing a large Jacuzzi, tables and 2 chairs and an oversized day bed great for relaxing or even taking a short siesta! The suite is fantastic, spacious, nicely designed and simply gives off a wonderful ambiance of tranquility—a true state of peace and quiet. After our 5-day holiday, it was extremely difficult to pack and leave, which is normally not the case. The management team and staff were incredible in all respects—they really understand the notion of service. One of the head chiefs often visited us during breakfast, making us feel that we were ‘special’. Furthermore, we had a package that included one dinner for two on the beach. At first, we were told that the dinner was a set menu, but I pointed out that this was not mentioned in the package, only a dinner for two. Immediately, she told us (the manager of the restaurant) that we could choose anything from the menu! The dinner turned out quite memorable. I won’t claim I haven’t eaten at better restaurants with even more delicious delights, but this was very nice, indeed… and great service. The pool, in my view, was one of the absolute nicest I’ve seen and this year alone I’ve been to about 8 resorts! The pool, very long, and wonderfully shaped, starts at about the middle of the resort and ends close to the sea. It has small lights scattered throughout to give it a lovely sparkly feel. The spa staff would come by offering a 5-min free massage (nice amenity, of course they were hoping you would come to the spa later!). The resort includes a fantastic spa, fitness center, gift shop and business center. The resort has three very nice restaurants: Thai cuisine at the Pirom (the Thai chef has been on TV in both Thailand and abroad, S. Africa, I believe), the Felicita with causal or sophisticated Italian cuisine, and the Azure located beachfront. The resort also has a piano bar and pool bar. I can gladly recommend the InterContinental Huahin resort for many reasons, not least the great service. I don’t think you will be disappointed with your stay here. I’ve written many reviews for Tripadvisor and I believe this is my most favorable one.

Room Tip: I think the deluxe suite is perfect for a couple. There is a bigger suite, but then that would be mo...
1 Thank lshapspro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The is nothin worse than paying $500 for a hotel room and there aren't enough lounges around the
Pool. Moreover residents get there at 6am and stake their claim on the pool cabanas that they won't utilize until lunchtime. Absolutely absurd and a disgrace. The manager must act on this act of silliness by some of these dumb visitors. Reminds me of that video where the actor rushes to stake his claim on the poolside seats. Otherwise it has been a pleasure here and I'll give a better report after new years eve. Staff are great as all thais

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank hercules77
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 29, 2011

10 words- One of the best resort that we have stayed in!

Having been to almost every continent and stayed in various hotels, I am certain that this resort has given me and my husband one of our best experiences ever. Not just because of the fact that we hosted our wedding there but purely because of the hospitality and service excellence that we and all of our wedding guests had all received during our stay.

Speaking on behalf from feedback garnered; Every one of us including well travelled guests and meticulous ones; were delightfully surprised at how the Thai hospitality at Hua Hin Intercontinental far exceeded their expectations. If you had to go to Hua Hin, Intercontinental is highly reccomended; it is indeed a well laid out and beautiful resort, definitely worth the 3 hours journey up from Bangkok. Rooms were spacious and clean and facilities were quite impressive. There was even a children's room with attending staff, so definitely child friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for seaview, normally they would oblige if its available.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed at the Intercon Hua Hin for a week in July 2011. Future potential guests should note this is the low season and our comments on prices, number of guests, and bar/restaurant opening hours reflect this.

We had a lovely relaxing time, and overall our experience was highly positive. As Ambassadors we were upgraded to a pool-access room, which was spacious and offered near-private access to the separate small pool. This was a definite highlight and one worth investigating if you can (at the time we joined Ambassador, a 12-mth membership was cheaper than the room upgrade). In particular we also appreciated all the small well-thought-out touches in the hotel, such as the international-ready plugs in the rooms and the variety of pool lounges available for guests.

We sent an email to the hotel soon after our departure with a few suggestions, however we never received a reply or acknowledgement. As such, we're including them here in the hope that the hotel (or at least future guests) are aware.

On our first full day in the hotel, around midday, the groundkeepers began mowing the lawns around the pool, and then watered the plants near the pool terrace rooms pool. While we appreciate this must be done, we believe a better time could be found that wouldn't interrupt guests' relaxation.

The restaurants serve fantastic food at appropriate prices (given the location). What we did not understand, however, was why there were different menus at the same time of day throughout the hotel. The Azure menu by the pool differed to the room service menu and, were it not for the flexibility of staff member Ae at Azure, we would not have been able to order what we wanted for lunch. Azure is a completely different restaurant by night, which we did not expect. It has a fantastic dinner menu, however little is made of this in the hotel documents or signage. Similarly, Pirom does not serve the complete range of Thai food options available elsewhere in the hotel (through room service and Azure). For example, there was no duck red curry on the menu at the Thai restaurant, whereas it is available for in-room dining. In addition, we wished to eat at Pirom on our first night (a Monday), however we were informed it was closed that evening. There was no signage nor could we see any documentation to suggest why. Perhaps if this is common it could be better communicated.

On arrival, we were asked what time we preferred to have our room serviced and turned-down. We thought this was a nice unexpected gesture. Unfortunately neither time was ever adhered to. Only on our second-last day did we receive a note outlining the conservation principles being undertaken by the hotel with regards to linen and towel changes, which seemed somewhat counter-intuitive.

We took advantage of the in-room pillow menu, and received our chosen pillows. However, they were placed on the bed during turn-down (as requested) along with the other pillows and we were not sure which ones were which. The hotel could benefit from adding labels (similar to that now in use at Holiday Inns) to inform guests?

The spa was highly relaxing and very reasonably priced. At the time we stayed, two massages were 3500 batt nett. The promotion was very poorly communicated, however, and from what we could see there was only one sign in the lobby to inform guests of the promotion. Future guests should investigate the spa personally as the special offer made it great value, particularly as there aren't too many other options within walking distance.

Overall we had a lovely and very relaxing stay. The pool in particular was fantastic, and we appreciated the little touches, like sunscreen and complimentary water and snacks during the day. As an Ambassador member, we also appreciated the room upgrade.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms in the main building as they back onto the main road through Hua Hin, and if you can...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tristanr
HongKong
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This is an excellent hotel, The lobby, room, restaurants, swimming pool, spa, everywhere in hotel are also amazing. Nice room with balcony, very nice and big swimming pool and direct access to beach, many good choice on breakfast buffet, I'm also dinner at italian restaurant called Felicita in hotel, the food and wine over my expectation. Go everywhere in Hua Hin by hotel taxi only 100-150bahts, and there are quite near the mall called Market Villa, there are also many shops and restaurants inside, but we're enjoy in hotel more than outside, except we have lunch outside.

When arrived hotel, the doormen is no smiles, feeling bad firstly impression on this hotel, but after warm greeting and fast check-in by their smart professional receptionist and duty manager Ms.Thanakan Rangnoi, they change my mind on this hotel. They're very polite and always keep smiles. They give me many good places in Hua Hin. So suprise and many thanks for their cake, flowers and flora bath to my 1st anniversary with my wife. On the other hands, the reservation department also is an excellent and very professional team, because i was planned travel for 3 days Bangkok after the Hua Hin before my trip, and reservation the advance package from hotel website before one month, but this package can't amend to other date or refund accordinly hotel policy. Unfortunly i can't arrive on specific date because i afraid can't go back home because the flood maybe affected Bangkok International airport.( In fact, no happen at last). I was send the email to them. They're very fast replied and very helpful to postpone my date with no any administration charges.

In conclusion, This is my some experience. The hotel staff in hotel however receptionists, waiters, chef, bulters, operators or housekeeping always keeping excellent attitude, there're make me very relax and happy. I would definitely to highly recommend this perfect hotel to everyone who stay in Hua Hin. This is one of my most appreciate hotel. Good hotel is not only hardware, the service is most important!

1 Thank Sherman.Yu
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2011

First off I would like to say that I have honestly never experienced this level of flawless customer service. The staff is unbelievably polite and friendly. I don't have one bad thing to say about this place and I am the type of person who can be difficult please at times!

If I had to say one thing about this resort, I would say, "they truly care!! and it shows!!!" No wonder they have already become one of the top resorts to stay in Hua Hin, even though they have been in business for only a couple of years.

For people travelling to this resort my recommendation would be to definitely purchase the breakfast buffet, it's for sure worth the money with options that range from breakfast to lunch to yummy desert items but also will save you the inconvenience of looking for food outside.

All in all a wonderful stay and if I ever go back to Hua Hin I will ONLY stay at Intercontinental. Thank you so much for making our stay so pleasant and making it a memorable experience!! Hope to see you again!

1 Thank LoveToTravel S
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Front desk staffs were top notch. Our first time was the secret hotel This is our Second trip to hau hin but very much love this place.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank JessieNguyen1975
Dominique R, Manager at InterContinental Hua Hin Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive statement on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us.
We all look forward to welcoming you back.