“Nice food”

La Grappa Ristorante
Ranked #50 of 727 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At La Grappa restaurant and pizzeria you could choose from our extensive Italian menu and taste your favorite bottle of wine from a big selection of wine menu. Please feel free to ask to Patron Chef Luigi, or our Maitre if you have special needs outside the menu, La Grappa staff will do all the best to fulfill any special requests. Strongly recommend to order a grappa shot choosing from the huge list after an italian espresso coffee served with cantucci that comes with. Smokers are welcome, in the smoking area we could offer them some of the best Cuban and Italian Cigars.
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We had just arrived in Hua Hin so just liked the look of this place
It was busy always a good sign
Had a nice pasta and a good pizza and a nice bottle of wine
It's a pity the wine is so expensive here
Even the Thai wine is around 30 euro in restaurants

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This place looks nice for the outside, but we both felt the food and service was at the very best average. The staff didn't come across as very friendly or happy either, given that Thailand is supposed to be the land of smiles.

Overall this place seemed overrated.

4  Thank Gaz H
Reviewed February 16, 2014

After reading a few good reviews on this place I thought me and my wife would give it a try.

We had three courses each, with a bottle of red wine. The steak (ribeye) was great, while my wife had duck wrapped in pasta, which she loved.

all parts of the meal were very good, and while expensive were well worth the money for the quality of the food.

The only down sidw was the service, which did not meet my expections- given the very high quality of food and high price I did expect a little more (small things like having to ask for a desert menu etc.) Normally I would not mind these small details, but given the price of the food a higher level of service is expected.

All in all absolutely great food and wine to be had here!

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

On a very busy Saturday night at. 7pm they booked us in at 8.30. Service was excellent food to die for! Lobster soup,Parmiggiani & Risotto to start followed by 2 excellent pastas & roast baby chicken. Worth every penny we will be back to try more of the menu.
Just wish the wine was more affordable!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've lost count of the times I have dined at La Grappa over the years. Residing in Bangkok I'm used to outstanding Italian restaurants. But I've always looked forward to a trip to Hua Hin as it's always on the programme to enjoy the delicious food and service at La Grappa. It's nice that restaurateur and chef Andreas take your orders. Three huge Dry Martinis, a mix of antipasti to share, followed by lemon risotto, mother's guitar pasta and a 300 gramme steak. All served Thai style so we could taste it all. Real small espressos and dessert round off another great dine at Hua Hin's best.