“A fine Italian Restaurant”

La Grappa Ristorante
Ranked #39 of 669 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At La Grappa restaurant and pizzeria you could choose from our extensive Italian menu and taste your favorite bottle of wine from a big selection of wine menu. Please feel free to ask to Patron Chef Luigi, or our Maitre if you have special needs outside the menu, La Grappa staff will do all the best to fulfill any special requests. Strongly recommend to order a grappa shot choosing from the huge list after an italian espresso coffee served with cantucci that comes with. Smokers are welcome, in the smoking area we could offer them some of the best Cuban and Italian Cigars.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a lovely meal in very comfortable surroundings. All of our food was of a very high quality and of a standard that we have experienced in Italy. The menu included a good range of dishes that we would expect from a quality Italian restaurant. Our food was cooked beautifully and very nicely presented. The wine list was extensive and, as I would expect if I was in Italy, included an impressive range across the regions. Although the wines are not especially cheap, it's important to remember that they have been shipped from great distance. The prices ranged from the reasonably affordable to some that were very expensive. Again, just what I would expect if I was in Italy. Certainly I have no complaint with the wine list being exclusively Italian.
We had an almost perfect meal at La Grappa. Our only gripe was with the rather too attentive service from waiting staff who hovered over us the whole time and whisked away our plates as soon as our cutlery was laid to rest. Also, as our main dishes were presented only a few minutes after we'd finished our starter, so rather than lingering over a relaxed meal we felt that it had all been rather too rushed. We were there during a very quiet evening so it may well be different at busy times.

1  Thank CW88

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I went last night as we just fancied a pizza. We both had a starter and shared a pizza, all were really good. We like a bottle of red with Italian food which we really enjoyed, and for me Italian wine is the wine to have when eating an Italian meal. The only downside is the price of the wine. We didn't choose one of the expensive ones by far, yet the bottle was twice the price of our food bill.
The restaurant is good enough to return to, but it might mean that we can't enjoy a bottle of wine with our dinner.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is more than just a pizzeria and it is run by a discerning Italian with excellent taste and a good eye for internal decoration (the murals are most impressive). We were there in a party of three and tried a variety of dishes. I disagree with Michel L whose review described it as a 'shame' that the wine list only had Italian wines on the grounds that 'they are not the best in the world'. Do I detect a touch of French disappointment, perhaps?! There are some superb Italian wines, often difficult to obtain outside Italy, and what better to accompany Italian food? It is in fact an impressively extensive wine list, with several varieties of prosecco and wines from all over Italy, from Alto Adige to Sicily, and an extraordinarily good list of about 30 different grappas, listed by maker and grape variety. Excellent olive oil, grissini, etc. Having an Italian wife and having eaten in more Italian restaurants from Alto Adige to Sicily than I could possibly remember, I was delighted to find this really good one in Hua Hin. Go there everybody, and enjoy the wines and grappas!

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Yep I had the best pizza in town there. Products used are of very good quality. My friend had a risotto he was very happy with. Will go back .

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Yes the service was very professional, the starters was perfect, but we was on the terrace and i finish my delicious lamb with the cigar smoke from the tables front and behind !! disgusting !!
And the wine list is just full of italians wines !! shame !! i like to have choice, they are not the best in the world.