“Disappointing”

La Grappa Ristorante
Ranked #30 of 609 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: At La Grappa restaurant and pizzeria you could choose from our extensive Italian menu and taste your favorite bottle of wine from a big selection of wine menu. Please feel free to ask to Patron Chef Luigi, or our Maitre if you have special needs outside the menu, La Grappa staff will do all the best to fulfill any special requests. Strongly recommend to order a grappa shot choosing from the huge list after an italian espresso coffee served with cantucci that comes with. Smokers are welcome, in the smoking area we could offer them some of the best Cuban and Italian Cigars.
Lanark
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had a lovely meal here last year and decided to return this year. I now wish I hadn't. The service was slow and I thought the food was well below the standard expected of a restaurant where the bill exceeded £130 for two starters, two main courses and a bottle of wine.. To be fair, the wine in Thailand is very expensive.
The owner of the restaurant, himself Italian was more out of the kitchen standing talking to diners at their tables. It was obvious that these were his regular customers. He didn't enquire as to how our meal was. There is an Italian restaurant directly opposite the entrance to the Hilton which serves better food at a much more reasonable price. Sorry, can't remember the name. It has a few steps up to the entrance and outside tables. You won't be disappointed here.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank elly57Lanark
andybony_99, Owner at La Grappa Ristorante, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear customer I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at La Grappa restaurant Hua Hin on Trip Advisor.
First of all I would like to thank you for coming back again and I am indeed sorry that your experience was not as good as the first one you have got at La Grappa.
I am confident that food and service has improved in the last 12 months as it is very important to me to always do it better and make the all our customers happy to return at La Grappa many times more. I do spend time talking to my customers as my customers satisfaction is the most important thing to me, I might spend more time with somebody I know (I do have friends coming to my restaurant) but I try to stop to every table to ask if the meal at La Grappa was good. I am sorry if I have missed you table, I am only one human been dealing with a average of 70 customers a day. The 2012 was a record year for La Grappa restaurant with high number of returning customers and the lever of satisfaction was the higher ever. Mistakes happens and I am sorry this time we did not delivery a good meal to you.
The restaurant you are mentioned in front of Hilton as a much better place to dine in Hua Hin it is ranking to the bottom of my list of places to eat in Hua Hin. I would never recommended to any of my customers as it is manage by unprofessional people that have no experience in the culinary world. I come from 20 years of international culinary background, I have worked in prestigious hotel and restaurants and my level of food and service knowledge is the higher available in Hua Hin independent restaurant Italian and not.
Have said that, I wish you could come back one more time and I would like you to remind me of your bad experience and I am sure I will make change your mind ones again about La Grappa restaurant in Hau Hin.
Best regards
Andreas Bonifacio

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
Pieterlen
“Nice location, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant is indeed worth a visit, although the red light district is close by. We preferred an indoor table. The food was very good, the best Italian food in town. The prices are okay for this type of restaurant. During high season it's advisable to make a reservation 2 - 3 days prior to your visit.

• Visited March 2013
Hua Hin, Thailand
“finest italian food in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

chef andreas bonifacio produces hua hin's finest dishes. it's, in my view, hua hin's only 'fine dining' venue outside of a 5* hotel...and better than any 5* hotel restaurant i've tried in hua hin. reservations recommended on the weekends and during high season.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank medelander
Dublin, Ireland
“Expensive restaurant that failed to satisfy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Ambience was good food was disappointing service was efficient but hardly friendly wine was excessively expensive altogether not a pleasant or fulfilling experience We will not be back Mature couple from Dublin

1 Thank 110936
Hua Hin, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Italian fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

La Grappa has to be Hua Hin's most charming & stylish Italian restaurant. It was certainly the best Italian cuisine we have had in Thailand with superb staff who are well-spoken, polite & efficient. We sat out on the terrace which was delightful. Recommend.

• Visited February 2013