“Great Italien in Hua Hin”

La Grappa Ristorante
Ranked #32 of 625 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At La Grappa restaurant and pizzeria you could choose from our extensive Italian menu and taste your favorite bottle of wine from a big selection of wine menu. Please feel free to ask to Patron Chef Luigi, or our Maitre if you have special needs outside the menu, La Grappa staff will do all the best to fulfill any special requests. Strongly recommend to order a grappa shot choosing from the huge list after an italian espresso coffee served with cantucci that comes with. Smokers are welcome, in the smoking area we could offer them some of the best Cuban and Italian Cigars.
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Great Italien in Hua Hin”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We go there on a regular basis and its is always a pleasure. Great Italien food, very consistent, with good service. recommend the chef pizza with truffle and the osso bucco. A friendly italian chef, a surprinsingly pleasent and peacefull atmosphere in this rather busy part of town, a hua hin classic for a lof of the residents.

• Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
Hua Hin, Thailand
“Try it!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great food great service! We were 5 of us and the waiters recommended a shared starter with buffalo mozzarella, rocket lobster, foie gras, sausages, Parma ham, ....it was just fantastic! We all ordered our own pizza and a couple of wines...and wow...great from start to end...just wish we had more space in our belly's. After finishing off with a shared mixed dessert (tiramisu, panacotta, chocolate and many others), we were ready to head back. Value for money was not bad considering what all of us had!

• Visited December 2012
Palm Desert, California USA
“The Best in Hua Hin”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have dined in every Italien restaurant in Hua Hin and cannot find a more consistent place for food than La Grappa. Expensive for Thailand! But if you are Italien and look for high quality food with very attentive service, look no further than La Grappa. Not the best Pizza in Town as Da Mario wins that award. However you don't really go to La Grappa for Pizza but for italien dining with style. Been there many times and I am always ready to go back.

• Visited November 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic, expertly cooked Italian food and value for money”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was one of the best culinary experiences our group of friends experienced in Thailand.

The first time we saw this restaurant, we were sceptical. We didn't think it would be possible to experience good quality Italian food in a resort like this, especially as one of our group is Italian (see Katrobin's review). However, after the best part of a week's worth of Asian food, we were ready to give it a go. How glad I was that we did!

The first thing we noticed was the quality of service, which can be a bit lacklustre in Thailand. Thai waiting staff tend to smile and nod without necessarily understanding what you are asking for. Our waiter Bang, spoke great English, was polite and friendly and if he was unsure aboiut a dish or request, he went and checked with the kitchen first.

On our first visit, I had the Beef Carpaccio. This was possible the best Carpaccio I have had. Really soft and tender and full of flavour, lovingly prepared. For my main course I had a spicy sausage pasta (sorry but I can't remember the much more romantic sounding Italian name). The pasta was perfectly Al Dente and the sauce full of flavour.

The wines on offer were great too.

As a group we tried a variety of dishes, from seafood (lobster) salad to pizza. We could not find a single thing we did not like.

We were particularly impressed when at the end of the meal, the waiter explained that the head chef was away in Bangkok and the meal had been prepared by his Thai Commie Chef.

So impressed were we in fact that we returned the next day. I enjoyed a pizza on this occasion. As good as any I have had. Lovely thin base, fresh ingredients and cooked in a wood fired oven. I tried some of my friend's Gnocchi with white truffle and it was to die for! All the ingredients for the restaurant are genuine (fresh porcini, truffles etc) which is essential for good Italian food.

We were looked after so well by all of the staff and we met the chef/owner on oor second visit. He came to our table and talked to us at length.

We tried a selection of deserts and this did not disappoint either!

The restaurant is attractive and the bill was very reasonable on both occasions.

They also have an amazing selection of Grappa (if that is your thing).

If you are looking for a first class meal with great service whilst in Hua Hin, you really must check this restaurant out. Better than the majority of Italian restaurants I have eaten in at home in the UK.

• Visited October 2012
Leeds, UK
“One of the best Italian food ever eaten outside Italy”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

What to say? As a fussy Italian eater, I tend not to eat in Italian restaurant outside Italy. This is despite the fact that I have been traveling extensively around the world and I have also been living in UK for over 10 years.

However, after a couple of unpleasant eating experiences in Hua Hin, my friends and I decided to try La Grappa. The restaurant from the outside looked elegant but not pretentious and our hesitancy was only given to my above mentioned suspicion about Italian restaurants abroad. however, from the moment we walked in we immediately received an amazing service and we were made feeling comfortable without any pressure. We were served by a waiter called Beng who looked after us superbly. The first evening (yes, because we ended up eating there twice!) I ate one of the best pizzas I have ever eaten (Italy included) filled with delicious Buffalo mozzarella shipped from Campania in the South of Italy. I then had an amazing risotto with taleggio cheese and fresh asparagus. The risotto was cooked to perfection to the point that I requested to send my compliments to the chef. To my surprise I discovered that Andreas Bonifacio (the owner and chef of la Grappa) was not there and that evening (29/10/12) the chef in charge for the evening was a Thai chef called Chat-Chat. This simply proved that amazing and authentic food can be prepared by any chef providing that they have been trained to very high standards.

My boyfriend ordered some homemade gnocchi with pesto and these as well were exceptionally good. This was another surprise for us as I am originally from Genova where pesto is from and I could have not found a better pesto in my hometown! Daniel then ordered some ossobuco veal and said it was cooked to perfection. The same was said by my friend David about his carpaccio. To end this wonderful meal, we were offered complimentary dessert and limoncello and left the place feeling ecstatic.

On our second evening, Andreas was there and he suggested to taste the gnocchi with white truffle. These were simply divine and the generosity of the truffles on my gnocchi made the dish perfect! We also ordered some homemade tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms that once again did not fail to impress. My friend Christopher ordered lobster on both evenings and this might say something about how good this dish was.

The atmosphere, quality of food and service was simply outstanding. Overall, I can only say that this was one of the best eating experience we have ever had! The fact that Andreas previously worked at the Dorchester in London might also say something about him, his restaurant and his staff.

We could not recommend this restaurant more and we look forward to eat there next time we will be in Hua Hin.

• Visited October 2012