“Great atmosphere with both Pub Food and great Thai Fusion”

Ye Olde Buffalo Tavern
Ranked #37 of 754 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Promoted as a British Gasto Pub and ticks all the boxes but has a bonus of great Thai Fusion. The Thai inspired spagetti is exceptional.
Staff are friendly and attentive
Reasonable prices

7  Thank RegularOZTraveller

Reviewed April 16, 2011

we tried after a recommendation ,i had fish and chips ,came wrapped in paper resembling newspaper on the plate ,great touch wife had steak ,she's still talking about going back ,great value ,service worth a visit

7  Thank stevebax91
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I had the enormous pleasure of not only eating in this fabulous pub, but also meeting the owners Bill and Lorraine who went out of their way to make our stay in Hua Hin perfect. The menu is vast with something to suit everyone with steaks, ribs and the most wonderful lamb shank. All are served with fresh veg, and the famous two types of gravy. Won't say any more about that, you'll have to go and try. After a few nights of Thai food, which I love, I couldn't resist the lure of roast beef, roast pots, cauliflower cheese and the famous gravy. The plates are enormous and every meal I seen being served up looked more delicious that the last one. One visit is not enough.
It's so easy to find, walk past the Hilton to the last pier and it's on the left.
You won't be disappointed.

The DCI

7  Thank elly57Lanark
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stumbled across this place at the end of the fishing pier on my first trip to HuaHin with my fiancee. I was welcomed by the very pleasant landlord and lady, enjoyed the wide selection of drinks on offer before eating. Now i have eaten all over the world and obviously eaten a lot of english food, and this is better than the top restaurants around huahin and better than any english food i have eaten anywhere in the world (including england) and very reasonably priced. The first evening i ate there i had the prwan cocktail to start which was made with fresh tiger prawns and was to die for, followed by a perfectly cooked burger with homemade french fries.

Because myself and my fiancee where so happy, we continued to eat there for the rest of our stay in Thailand. I ate the fish and chips which are fabulous (dont know how someone could have complained about these in a previous review), plus we ate food from the vast thai menu available, which is better than what the thai restaurants fed us with!! We ate english breakfast there everyday (which puts my local cafe in england to shame) and enjoyed the wonderful selection of bar snacks available (which are more like starters/mains) and nothing was expensive, infact very cheap.

After a couple of days the top floor luxury guestrooms were available and upon inspection i was delighted they could squeeze me in there for a few days. Now these are better than the suites in the hilton hotel - and at a fraction of the price. For what you pay a fairly standard hotel in Thailand you get a luxury suite with all the modcons, beautifully decorated, along with a terrace with sun loungers and table and chairs, overlooking the sea which is a stones throw away - truly breathtaking!

Overall i would reccommend this establishment to anybody travelling to HuaHin, it is fantastic value for money, with all the drinks and food you could ever want to eat, has exquisite guest rooms available AND the owners (Bill and Lauraine) are wonderful hosts and were happy to tell me all the best things to do in and around huahin, and even a couple of the other top restaurants to goto! I would like to thank them for making our time in Thailand truly fabulous!

Thanks for reading my novel.

Alex and Kat

7  Thank BigBoyBennett
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Visited many times over the last couple of years, always had a warm welcome & never had a bad meal. The draught cider goes down a treat and the lending library a real bonus.

7  Thank Chodzi