Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/28/21
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Booked wia agoda. Price was good and hotel was very nice. The best point is location, easy to go to the market and town. Staff at the hotel was not very friendly. I booked for DBL, they dont have it. Gaved me a TWN putted together. From Kazakhstan

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Albert M
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Average Hotel. No room safe but safe available behind reception. Has a lift

Food average. Wireless internet only works occasionally.

Seems like a holiday in Berlin with several german language TV channels, hoardes of germans occupying the Hotel and doing their normal "put the towel on the pool lounge" from the crack of dawn, smoking in the restaurant whilst walking around displaying their semi naked bodies. Put a shirt on boys, all that floppy flesh is a real turn off. The Hotel needs to implement a policy where if you are not present at the pool, then you cannot monopolise the lounges.

Suggest other Hotels nearby as better options.

Room tip: Look elsewhere.
Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank Barry J
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We paid a bit more for the Deluxe Room, but it wasn't worth it. The hot water took a long time to come on. The key didn't work the next day. There was no kettle for boiling water even though there was coffee & tea in the room. The staff speaks little English.

Room tip: Find another hotel.
Date of stay: February 2012
4  Thank Wendysdd
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This was our 4th stay at the Wannara Hotel. The staff are friendly and the selling point of the hotel for us is the central location - 5 mins from the beach, 5 mins from all bars and restaurants and 10 mins from Market Village and also the night market.
The rooms at the hotel are well appointed and spotlessly clean, the breakfast is adequate the usal thai fare plus toast fruit and egg station, coffee and juices. The pool area unfortunatley had virtually no sun during our stay which is a shame - this obviously varies by the time of year because on previous visits it has been ok. The hotel need to start investing in a few bits and pieces as the hotel is starting to look a little tired in places.
Overall good value for money and if you want to be within walking distance of everything you can't beat it on price but you will find better quality accomodation if your happy to get tuktuks or taxis when you want to go anywhere - its a personal choice.

Date of stay: January 2012
2  Thank 3Seniors
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My friend and I only stayed here for one night, in between other hotel bookings. We had a Deluxe room I believe, which was upgraded for free from the standard room without us even asking.

But from what I saw and experienced this was a very decent cheap hotel. I'll split up what I write into sections to make it easier to read.

Room:
The room was very clean and well furnished, the beds were very comfy. There was a mini fridge with complimentary water in. The bathroom was very clean. The air con was very good when used. However there was no safe in our room which was a bit of a problem for us (there might have been one at reception or something, but we didn't even ask as we were checking out the next day.)

Food:
I only ate breakfast once, but there was a decent range of food available, from croissants to fruits, to cereals, to eggs/omelettes cooked fresh, to Thai dishes. I stuffed my face with various things and was very satisfied.

Staff:
Very helpful, upon check in, check out. Even when I had trouble setting up my phone to the WIFI the receptionist was able to do it for me without blinking.

Pool:
Although I didn't spend any time at the pool, this looked to be the one draw back of this Hotel. It didn't seem to get much if any sun around it at all. I wasn't looking all day obviously, but when I was at the hotel in the mornings, at breaky and late afternoons, not once did I see any sun on the pool. Not sure if it matters but I went in first week of January.

So that's all, I would happily recommend this hotel to a friend. But for me, having sun around the pool is quite important, unless you want to spend every day at the beach.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a pool facing balcony, preferable higher floor to get the most sun on your balcony if you use it. Also double check the situation about the safety deposit boxes in rooms.
Date of stay: January 2012