“amazing”

Wannara Hotel Hua Hin
Ranked #88 of 141 Hotels in Hua Hin
Reviewed September 3, 2011

really loved this hotel, the rooms were spotless, we had ground floor right next to the pool, but not many sunbeds although this wasnt a problem as it was low season so it was very quite, safe in room plus coffe making facilities, breakfast included, just down the road is a really nice retaurant called la paillotte must try it we had an amazing meal there, also try popping down to the night market lots of different foods to try, just jump on a tuk tuk or you could walk in would take about 15 mins to walk, amazing place hotel cost around £40 per night

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hayeslondon
There are newer reviews for Wannara Hotel Hua Hin

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Great little hotel with a really nice pool and jacuzzi. Be sure you reserve the Deluxe room. It is worth it for the small price differential. This hotel does not have a full service restaurant or room service, but there is plenty available just a few steps away. One friend bemoaned the lack of danish pastries at breakfast, but otherwise it was quite good.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 311. It is a deluxe room with huge balconies and a great breeze.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank dab107
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed for 6 nights in a Superior room (standard) on 3rd floor. The room was spacious enough for one person with a balcony overlooking the pool, but the view was actually of the uninteresting looking Peony Hotel next door . The bed was very comfortable although there was a dirty mark on the top sheet when I arrived which was never changed during my 6 night stay. My room was very quiet as it was towards the rear of hotel.
There was no "safe" in the room...apparently only available in Deluxe rooms & suites (all these rooms were booked). Safety box available at reception.
There was an electric "coffee maker" in the room which is great if you drink coffee which I do not. Several times I asked to have it replaced with an electric kettle so that I could make tea (no tea bags supplied either). This never happened during my stay & seemed to be "too hard" for the staff. I had to "brew" hot water in the coffee maker, two times every time to get the water hot enough for tea subsequently splashing water all over the bench & making a mess!
The bathroom was adequate, but there was some mildew in the grouting in the shower...I hate that! Only one cold water tap over the hand basin which was loose & always swivelling around.
I had to rearrange the power connections for the TV & fridge myself as I discovered they were incorrectly plugged in. I noticed that everytime I went out & removed my room key/card (which turned off the power) the TV stayed on & the fridge went off!...not really ideal as I had milk & yoghurt etc in the mini bar fridge.
On my arrival the lights above the mirror were not working. I reported this to the reception every day & actually showed 3 different staff the problem in the room as several staff did not speak much English & did not seem to comprehend. On the 4th day the light bulbs were at last replaced & the lights working!
More thorough cleaning/dusting of the room would be appreciated as the dust is very noticeable on all the dark wood & louvres. I had to clean the bedside lampshade myself as it was coated in half an inch of dust!
Towels were routinely changed every day, but they were very thin & several looked quite ragged.
The breakfast (included) was plentiful & adequate with plenty of fresh fruit, cereals & hot food (Western & Thai choices) & fresh salad. I did not eat it every day as I had a few very early golf games.
The best part of the Wannara is the location which is almost opposite the Sofitel Hotel & very central. It is easy to walk to the beach, night market, restaurants, massage places etc.
There is no free wi-fi at the Wannara although they will sell you a cyberpoint card & you can then use your laptop etc. Apparently there is free wi-fi at MacDonalds which is close by.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Biryani
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Very nice professional hotel with lovely rooms and friendly staff. The location is nice too, not far from the beach and just steps from the "touristic" area of town. The rooms are spacious with nice balcony and the food served is of great variety and good quality. The only set back is that we were expecting more from what we heard about Hua Hin and we were disappointed to find the beach not good and the place offering nothing particulrly good, nor in therms of vacation, nor in term of traditional thai cul;ture and surroundings. But this is not the hotel's fault and I have liked my stay there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We went there for my friends insitence. We had good reports about Hua Hin beach and for the town as a unspoiled touristic place. Nevertheless the town is more like a city along the main south-to-north national higway and the beach is simply disgusting. Probably owing also to these factors Idid not like at all the stay in this hotel, which is decent but just about this much. The place however is clean and the rooms big enough, The service is professional and we had no problem for our short stay. It is just that I did not enjoy my stay and I found nothing particulalry good in the place. I suppose it is good for elder retired people who like a friendly well serviced and quiete town in thailand .

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2011

From the very start I found this Hotels web site for booking very poor and rubbish to be blunt.
They did respond initially to my first e-mail about the problems in booking and payment via their web site which was non existent. I responded by informing the Hotel of the problems in paying etc. The next day I used the payment form sent by the Hotel and booked a 10 day stay for two paying via credit card. No receipt was received for payment as most secure payment systems would generate ? I waited 7 hours and still no payment receipt or any confirmation of Hotel accommodation? I sent the Hotel another e-mail requesting that they respond and inform me what was happening about my payment and accommodation booking? 24 hours later they still have NOT responded. Holidays are supposed to be stress free but this Hotel’s 4 star rating must be for STRESS it’s certainly not for relaxation. It also makes one wonder what the Hotel’s service would be like if this is how they treat clients before arriving !! Dates supposedly booked 05/03/2011 to the 16/03/2011 – 10 days. Mr. J.K.Andrews. E-mail acueav@blueyonder.co.uk – Hotels E-mail address:
In case you have any other enquiries, please send email to info@wannarahotel.com and your booking ID is necessarily to insert for reference as well. Or call to (66) 032-532244. How can I send my booking ID when the web site is a mess to put it mildly and does not give receipts or basically anything!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hopeful83
Reviewed January 7, 2011

The hotel's location is very good close to both beach and city. I had a deluxe room and it cost 4.000 baht in peak season. Comparing to what you get in Bkk, this is expensive, but Hua Hin is expensive.

I stayed here for third time in one year.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo