Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here for just one night because we didn't trust the woman at the front desk and we didn't like the room. This place is WAY overpriced. We were charged 1350 bahts for a room right near reception. It didn't even have proper windows that you can close so we heard every conversation and footstep that passed by in the middle of the night. On top of that, there was a HUGE cockroach in our closet (which shares a wall with their kitchen). We couldn't wait to pack up and move to a different hotel in the morning.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
10  Thank Green_Is_Good_4769
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Just spent 2 weeks at Fulay...stayed in 880bht a night room..bed was comfortable, shower worked well with hot water, you couldnt get a better location for restaurants and night life and 5min walk to the beach. Staff a very friendly and helpful. Oh and if you like to fall asleep listening to waves breaking you will luv this place. Tuk Tuk price is 100bht around town bit expensive i thought...everything is within walking distance, night markets, Village market (Shopping Mall), hospital, very hard to leave this place!

Date of stay: February 2012
7  Thank Jackie04691
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I chose to go upmarket for my last night in Thailand. Got the 900bht room for 1 night. Had air conditioning, hot shower, foxtel TV, view of the ocean and very comfortable bed. No wifi access from the room, you had to go near reception. The staff were very friendly, and owner was very fluent in English and helpful. There is a nice decking where you can watch the sea, and as you walk to your room you can see the sea underneath you through the floor boards. This is a pier guest house. I wanted to try something different.

Room tip: The more expensive rooms are bigger.
Date of stay: October 2011
3  Thank twobigfeets
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I am staying at this place RIGHT NOW, so it is a very current review. haha. I got into town a few nights ago, and I headed straight for the water, checking out many guesthouses along the way. The last time I was in Thailand, 5 years ago, I was used to paying about 100-150baht for a fan room, more for air conditioning. The prices have gone up, of course, so that most basic fan rooms are now about 250-450b, and air conditioning will run you at least 800. I looked at numerous guest houses, including Memory, Mod, Sirima, All Nations, and many others that were listed in the guide book. I wish I had stumbled upon Fulay my first night! There are literally guest houses on top of each other in this part of town, some on the water, and some just across the street on various soi. Fulay is right across from a restaurant called Orchid, and next to an Indian restaurant.

I came here yesterday morning after spending a pretty miserable night at Sirima guesthouse. In my searching the night I arrived, it was the best one by far, bright and clean and right over the waves, for 400b. However, once I settled in, my bed creaked with every turn, and there were a lot of Thai families vacationing at the guest house, right around me, and they were very loud until very late, smoking outside my window (windows are precious in fan rooms for that breeze!) and basically keeping me up all night. I was wandering around looking for a place to eat breakfast when I came upon Fulay. The reception woman was so sweet, and served me yummy coffee and breakfast at 7:30 in the morning, giving me the wi-fi password so I could use my laptop. After breakfast I even went into their computer room and google chatted with my family, and they were so friendly about it! I was looking for another place to stay the night honestly, and trying to decide how long to stay in hua hin. I checked out of Sirima and really had nowhere to go, not having decided on a place to stay. I went back to Fulay, right down the street, and told her I was thinking of catching a 22:00 bus trip to Koh Phanang, and she said, "Oh just stay here and relax for the day on our deck! You can leave your bag in there. Stay here!" I thought that was very nice, and I spent a couple of hours reading on their pier and even had a nice lunch at the restaurant. Finally I asked to see some of the rooms, and I was pleasantly surprised. The basic fan rooms (430b) are definitely small, not much bigger than the bed, but the bathrooms are clean and sufficient. The air-conditioned rooms range from 880-1100b and are WAY nicer, coming with a fridge, TV, hot water shower, etc. and free bottled water. As a solo traveler, however, and with the nice breeze from the sea, and not being a TV watcher, I figured I didn't need the frills. So for half price I got the last fan room. The other guests here are friendly and chill, everyone sharing meals with the staff and relaxing on the deck. The staff is great, giving me advice, talking about life, with good English and great service. They obviously care about the place, as I saw the various women doing odd projects all day, painting trim, laundry, sweeping. The whole place seems very clean, and given that all of the places I looked at were about the same price, these rooms are by far the nicest. The places I looked that had cheaper fan rooms didn't have their own bathrooms or were tucked into some dark hallway, with no air flow and no light. These places on the pier are breezy and bright, and I love falling asleep to the waves! There are some great massage places in the area, and I haven't tried any of the bars or restaurants, but they seem your standard farang fare. The beach is less than a 10 minute walk, past the Hilton, and I have watched the sunrise there the last few mornings. I am about to head there now for a swim!

I am really pleased with Fulay, as it seems way nicer than the other guesthouses around here. I'm sorry about that guy's experience with the guitar, as it seems pretty quiet here to me, and I don't know why they were so unreasonable with him. I haven't met the owners yet. The reception girl (can's spell her name) is so nice and said she has worked here a long time, that they are all like family. That's what it seems like to me. The room is nothing special, but at least it's clean, and if you're on a budget like I am, it's great, and in a perfect location. I will check out the night market tonight for some seafood! And I just had a wonderful massage right down the street. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, solo or otherwise!

My only complaint is that the fan room I got is right by reception, and I did hear some noise from their radio and conversation, and people passing by. It was mostly my fault, as I was jet-lagged and went to sleep ridiculously early :) but it would have been nicer to have one of the rooms a little further away from check-in, but they were all full! Everyone walks by my room, too, and looks in, as I'm near the end, so there isn't much privacy. Oh well!

Room tip: Check out all of the rooms, fan and a/c. There is one beautiful one, with a large mirror and seashells. If I wasn't traveling alone, I would have taken that one! Rooms closer to the water will be quieter, and A/C rooms have many more amenities.
Date of stay: October 2011
4  Thank sistergarden
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I visited Fulay many times. The hotel is located in downtown where you easily walk to night market, van to Bangkok station and what I really like is not far from the beach. I spent time in the evening sitting at the balcony and looking far in the sea. It was very peaceful place. Service is impressive too :)

Date of stay: January 2011