“Excellent Vegetarian and vegan friendly organic menu”
Review of The Social Salad

The Social Salad
Ranked #5 of 815 Restaurants in Hua Hin
Description: Visit The Social Salad for a warm welcome and 'Good, Green, Fresh, Fun!' Choose from a great selection of delicious, healthy, dishes: including our signature 'Make Your Own Salad' menu with over 30 choices; mouth-watering Thai salads; and Thai and Western A La Carte favourites. Our mission is to continually add more healthy, organic, and locally sourced dishes and ingredients to the menu.
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We were 3 of us who visited the place just when it was about to close around 9.35 pm and since there was nobody they were wrapping up but they were very nice and welcomed us. For vegetarians this place is excellent as they had lot of choice.
I had make your own salad with chickpea Patty and thousand island dressing. It was the most satisfying meal I have had in days as last few days we were in Bangkok and did not really like the vegetarian options there. Only thing I would have liked more was the dressing they give sling with the salad so that it becomes more juicy to munch on. But if you were on a diet it would be just perfect! My husband ordered fried rice with brocolli and tofu in soy sauce and he too loved it! For my 3 year old son we ordered carrot and brocolli pad Thai with eggs (I'm sure you can order one without eggs as well) which was a lot in quantity so he had less than half of it but he too loved it!
We also ordered a house smoothie which I asked them to make with no ice and less sugar which they were happy to accommodate however the pineapple is smoothie was frozen so the drink was cold. My husband ordered the house wine which was also decent
What I loved about the place was that they grew most of their vegetables and we saw their home grown leafy greens ....most ingredients are organic which we could sense when we were eating the dinner very fresh
The place was decently priced as well for 3 big dishes, 1 wine and 1 smoothie it cost us around 700 THB
All in all we absolutely loved the place and good and will definitely be back!

Date of visit: July 2018
DtorDtae, Owner at The Social Salad, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Dear Pooja,

Thank-you for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review.

We are really pleased that your family enjoyed eating our vegetarian dishes at The Social Salad.

Next time, please ask us to toss your salad in the dressing, and we will do it for you.

Look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Food was great as my husband is a vegan and is gluten intolerant. Lovely salads and food for me too. Staff couldn’t do enough for us and very reasonable.

Dear Jemma,

Thank-you for reviewing The Social Salad on Trip Advisor.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed the salads, and were able to find dishes for your needs.

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited here for dinner and the food was Suberb. Freshly cooked, quality ingredients and lovely service. Great to see so many vegan options too. Hope to be back again before we leave!

Dear 3 Robinsons,

Thank-you for your kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed eating dinner at The Social Salad.

We have some new vegan and veggie options this month, including vegetarian and vegan Tom Yum fried rice and noodles.

Hope to see you again.

Dtor and team

Reviewed July 2, 2018

During my stay in Hua Hin, I went back to eat at the Social Salad few times. I found this place really good with regards to quality and price and I loved there was so many vegetarian choices, as well as Thai and Western. Everything is homemade, cook to order and delicious! You can also craft your own huge salad for under 200 Baht made with fresh salad, as they keep them "alive" using hydroponic techniques. The staff were wonderful and the accommodate all my needs and help me with useful local advice on things to do and see in Hua Hin. What I loved the most about this place (besides food) was that they also linked with the handcraft shop " the Family Tree", where they have a big selection of crafts made by different communities of Thailand. They also have a wonderful tree planting project that you can easily support just with your purchase! 100% recommended!!

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Angela R

Dear Angela,

Thank-you for visiting The Social Salad several times during your stay in Hua Hin.

We are very happy that you enjoyed our homemade food, and fresh salads.

It is also good to hear that you liked our arts and crafts at The Family Tree. Yes, these crafts are hand-made by over 40 community groups and local artists from around Thailand.

Safe travels,

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Visited for breakfast just as they opened one morning. The ambience at this little place is simply delightful and the staff so kind, cheerful and gracious. Really enjoyed our food and smoothies. We will be back.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank jor915

Dear Jor,

Thank-you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your breakfast. We try to give a warm welcome. So, we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit.

Hope to welcome you again one day.

Dtor and team