“Impressive” 4 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$72.19*
and up
Huay Mongkol Temple and Sirinart Rajini Ecosystem Learning Center Day Tour in...
Perth, Australia
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Impressive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I hired a tuk tuk to take me to this temple and in retrospect I should have travelled by hired car because by the time I arrived there I felt quite ill from the fumes. Be aware that it is quite a drive from the centre of Hua Hin up into the hills so a tuk tuk labours quite a lot.

Upon arrival I noticed that there were many teenagers dressed in school uniform walking around obviously having a good time. They were very pleasant and well mannered and as I was the only westerner there at the time, I became quite a celebrity. Time after time they came up to me and gestured for their friends to take their photo with them standing next to me. I was also asked to take group photos of them with my camera for my records. They didn't speak English, however they weren't pushy and were very respectful.

The statue of the monk is very impressive, as are the beautifully kept surroundings. I purchased a pack of essential items for the monks and was instructed how to participate in a short ceremony in front of a monk while presenting the pack to him. I then received a blessing from him. A very nice moment.

I would definitely suggest that you make the trip to this temple, however hire a car with driver and don't take a tuk tuk!

Visited December 2013

• Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Mongkol temple , nice local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

This is a great place much appreciated by Thai people. Buy some flowers and incense sticks to celebrate the monk here. He was known as turning salted sea water to potable.
Don't forget to pass under the "3 heads" elephant for fortune and prosperity . Just had great fun. Go there before too many foreigners!

Visited December 2013
Bournemouth, England
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 269 helpful votes
“Worth a trip if you have other things to see on the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

It was a busy day when I went to Huay Mongkol as there were hundred of Thai families there - which actually made it more interesting. Yes it is a very large statue and there are various gardens to walk around. My favourite was one with a large Ginesh statue. I then went on to the Hua Hin vineyards which were about 15 minutes away for some lunch.

Visited November 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“You have to go and experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Take your time, don't rush and enjoy everything around in the vacinity and what it has to offer. There was small lake hidden at the back and an interesting story to learn about a lady and a tree.

Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Unique Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The huge dark statue of the monk in this Temple overlooking and protecting the surrounding area of Hua Hin is amazing. There are steps leading up to the statue providing nice views of the area from the top. A lot of Thai people come here to offer flowers, incense and gold leaf for good luck. I am glad I visited this place.

Visited November 2013