“a little gem amongst many less special places!”
Review of Bam Bam - CLOSED

Bam Bam
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Hua Hin, Thailand
“a little gem amongst many less special places!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was introduced to Bam Bam by an English couple who 'adopted' me during my 3 month solo stay n Hua Hin a few years back, they had repeated their vows in this restaurant in full Thai dress, and the family owners and they were very close. I would have kept walking past if not for them, however I am glad they took me under their wing in this instance. The menu is much the same as most eating places in that street, but the quality and freshness of these dishes is far superior than most. I do remember the whole fish was amazing, as was the Larb. My husband and I are returning to Hua Hin later this year, and will definately plan to eat at Bam Bam.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mandybarrett

Hong Kong, China
“Another good option”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

If one of the other restaurants on this street are closed, Bam Bam is a good substitute. Good food, good prices. Would definitely recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank tsferguson
Hong Kong, China
“Try this out”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Another popular Thai restaurant on the short strip of Poon Suk Road. The food may take a while to be served during busy hour, although the wait is well worth it. Tried the Pad Thai and Tom Yum Kung and they were all good. On the day I visited the restaurant, I did note a high percentage of returning customer which is a good sign. It's well worth a visit.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sean_Lam
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Well worth a wait”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We visited here recently and had to wait until a table for 4 became free. This wasn't an issue for us and it was well worth the wait. We shared 4 main dishes and everyone of the dishes sampled here were excellent. Value for money in this place was brilliant.

I would highly recommend a visit here if your in the area.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gaz H
SHROPSHIRE
“As wonderful as ever”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We Returned to Hua Hin for the ninth time in 11years in January, our last visit had been just over 3 years earlier. As you can imagine over the years we have seen many changes and made many friends. The biggest difference being is the amount of tourists who visit Hua Hin and eat out in the cafés as years ago few tourists were seen around the streets at night and fewer still ventured to eat from the street stalls. We have watched Bam Bams grow from a street stall selling one or two dishes to a cafe with menus tablecloths a proper kitchen and sanitation but although the menu has become extensive the quality of food and the expertise of the Wonderful lady Chef proprietor has never faltered. So Our first stop on our first night just had to be Bam Bams for the fabulous Pad Thai with shrimps (a mainstay Thai dish) and a plate of Garlic and pepper prawns. We were not disappointed, it was fantastic.
When we arrived we were overwhelmed with the greeting we received and amazed to find the place absolutely full but with a bit of manoeuvring a table and two chairs appeared and we were soon settled at a pavement facing table our favourite spot for watching the hustle and bustle of the world go by. Many restaurants over the years have become more westernised loosing the authentic taste of Thailand but Bam Bams holds onto it's wonderful authentic tastey food and wonderful Thai hospitality. Amazing!!!

• Visited January 2014