Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Travelocity
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2012

From the moment of my arrival to my leaving for the airport there was nothing I did not like, except the TV remote( how petty is that). The reception desk was staffed with beautiful and very helpful ladies that spoke excellent English. The bellhop who showed me to my large room also spoke very good English and he was quite informative regarding the room and airport transfer. As I said the room was large and the bed comfortable. Everything was clean and the room had a nice view. The bathroom had everything I needed and the water pressure in the shower was very strong. The towels large and thick. The mini bar was well stocked. I thought the included breakfast was one of the best I've had in my travels because it offered a wide varieties of good foods that were well displayed. My eggs were done just right and the coffee tasted great. The hotel has a large pool, which I did not use and a business center which I did use. The business center could use one or two more computers for guests to use. My only regret was that I did not allow more time to spend in Hat Yai at the Hansa JB. Thank you Hansa JB for a great stay.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Our family reserved five rooms at this hotel, early January 2012, for our grandson's wedding to a local girl. Both the wedding ceremony and the large reception were held at the hotel. The decorations at the ceremony and reception were so colourful with beautiful posters and blown up photographs of the bride and groom. The food was the best Chinese, plentiful and delicious. The music and entertainment was enjoyed by all.
Now as for the accommodation, we had five superior rooms on the eighth floor. We all agreed that while the furnishings were showing signs of ageing, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the bathrooms quite acceptable. This has been a class hotel in its time, with a luxurious looking reception and bar/entertaiment area where we enjoyed great service with a smile from all the staff. There was a pianist and singer performing in this area each evening after 7pm.
The swimming pool is large and clean although the lounges and tables on the surrounds are in need of upgrading. There was an adequate supply of clean towels at the adjoining gym and sauna area.
The tuk tuks, which serve all of the main town and markets, cost three Australian dollars(100 Bahts) for any trip around the city, including from the main railway station.
At breakfast the chef would cook fresh scrambled egg or omelettes to your requirements.. The fried eggs were being kept warm on a tray(we didn't fancy them). They had a tray of sausages and chicken-bacon. Asian food was available. It was the best bargain in meals anywhere we have stayed, at five dollars( 150 bahts) all you could eat per person.
A very good stay enjoyed by all.

Room tip: Our superior rooms on eighth floor were quite accepable to all. They were quiet and overlooked the city and parks.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The hotel was OK at best. The rooms are quite old. I would recommend bringing your own soap and shampoo as that provided by the hotel is pretty poor quality. The location was fine and it was easy to get a tuk-tuk into town. There was a fun (but deafening loud) boom-boom club in the basement (forgot the name). Go out the front and turn left - go down the ramp and at the car park, there is an entrance on the left. It was fun. We were the only non-Thai people but nobody cared. Fun music, no real place to dance except around your table, far too loud, but fun.
Major complaint - I had ants in my room and you could see them coming down the corner of the wall. The rug, bed and bath looked spotless though. However, I left my backpack (small one) on the ground and the front pocket became filled with 100+ mini ants after 2 days on the floor. I did not have food in my bag either so I'm not sure why so many climbed in. It was gross! Otherwise, the hotel was a normal, old, SE Asian, non-touristy hotel.
Staff were helpful so that was a plus. The breakfast was horrible (at least what I ate as a friend said theirs was OK). I got breaky across the street the next day with my friend and it was much better and both of us ate for less than 1 at the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank TokyoSalaryMan
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The hotel is quite OK. The staffs are also friendly, but the breakfast is not must choice. If you like silent, this hotel is right for you. For me, just feel it's not suitable, because it is located out of the town. The surrounding is not happening and go to the town by tut tut only.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Darren Y
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Hansa JB Hotel Hat Yai – room 1010 and be surprised! We booked via booking.com a superior room incl. breakfast (RM170 PER NIGHT) and wanted to be upgraded (paying an extra RM80) to executive room in the executive wing. Although the initial check-in was fast, the trouble started when we wanted to go to our executive room. We were told that the room rate for the executive room/wing was the same as the superior room = RM170. Arriving in the executive wing and room (room 930) we were stunned! Old, badly maintained, greasy, dirty old sofa, old TV in older cupboard, repulsive stinking bathroom, virtually no cupboard space, no coat hangers, questionable refrigerator, no coffee/tea facilities, no executive lounge etc. etc. Totally unacceptable! We were then given superior room 1010. Flat screen TV, proper cupboards with coat hangers, biggish refrigerator, writing desk, two chairs + side table, proper bathroom although the grouting was iffy! Beds firm, firm pillows, clean sheets and bath towels + bath mat, toiletries probably on ration. Clean bath with shower and toilet with excellent flush and good seat! Breakfast Asian as well as European. Be wise and don’t take the readymade fried eggs but ask the Chef to prepare for you poached eggs. Restaurant staff very helpful, restaurant clean and I would like to stress that the hotel kitchen is absolutely spotless! Food is excellent at the HANSA JB Hotel with a lunch buffet which put many hotels to shame. It is so good that at lunch time the restaurant is packed. There are two dinner menus, one European and one Chinese. In the evening there is music although the singer might seek some help in the higher notes. The hotel has a lounge with a pianist who plays acceptable. Hotel has a second restaurant called “Dynasty”, which is Chinese. We have not seen many visitors going in there.
The HANSA JB Hotel has free parking facilities for guests. The hotel is not wheelchair friendly. A definite plus is that this hotel, just outside the city centre, is quiet! No slamming doors, screaming, screeching kids, no outside noise! Tuktuk rides cost 30 Baht per person. We stayed 4 nights and we would definitely go back!
A tip, "buy" your hotel room at the Malaysian/Thai border. You'll save RM50 per night!

Room tip: Whatever you do DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE EXECUTIVE WING or EXECUTIVE ROOMS! Do yourself a favour, get a sSUPERIOR ROOM and ask for tea+coffee facilities, that way you'll get a fruit basket + a red rose...and don't ask me why, 'coz it is so!
Date of stay: December 2011