“Expected more ” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 87 Hotels in Hat Yai
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Expected more ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed a night at the hotel. Reception was very polite, but had a very minor problem finding our booked room at first. Overall the room was good, but with some problems with the bathroom. Waters leaks out to the bathroom doorstep and no cotton stick inside the pack... Variety of breakfast choices.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest Robshih,

Thank you for your review, I apologise for an inconvenience during check in process, this has been addressed internally for appropriate rectification.Your comments about bathroom also already been looked at and problems had been fixed. I'm glad to hear that you happy with varities of breakfast choices.

We look forward to having you at Centara Hotel Hat Yai again soon.

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

haven been to hatyai a few times..

recently renovated, room is better than lee garden..

bad point- no barclay premier league to watch.

counter staff arent good in communicating in simple english

overall- other than communications; staffs are friendly and helpful..

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank rt4ouredz
CHYGM, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest rt4ouredz,

I am happy to learn that you liked our room and happy with services received from our staffs. Regarding the barclay premier league, we are on the process of having this available at soonest stage.

We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Hat Yai and look forward to welcoming you back.

General manager
Osaka, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had meet a problem with air con control system which unable to function well and requested maintenance and they spend out some times to resolved, anyway still thank to them for hardworking and i wish i Hotel can switch a room for me rather than keep me waiting for an hour. Btw, Hotel Housekeeping staffs responding my request within 3 min, what a shock!!! Great Job to both Boontaen & Suphawadee. And i also receiving great welcome and goodbye sweet smile from Manee. Location for this hotel is great as it just in central of shopping in Hatyai, If you park at underground car park, what i can share with you is very safe as mid night also got security officer petrol.

Room Tip: Request to have view of Lee Garden and can enjoy a mid night nice view there.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHY4trip, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest Vektor_Hugo,

Thank you for your feedback, I apologise for an inconvenience caused from air con control system, this surely should have been checked and ensure in room facilities are full functional beforehand, this has been addressed seriously with our management team for proper handling and improvement. However, I'm glad to know that you were happy with services received from our housekeeping staffs. I have passed on your compliments to all of them and will ensure that they receive pride and recognition.

I would certainly agree with your comments about Hotel location that located right in the Centre of the City. So, provides every easy access, shopping, dinning, TukTuk and etc..

We hope you'll choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Hat Yai.

Batu Feringgi, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

i been book this hotel 1 month aga, thanks for all of the tripadvisor share their details related with this hotel, i seen that this hotel is been good comment, so finally i booked throught their official wedside for 2 days 1 night.

When i arrived, is only too early, 9am for thailand time, so the bell boys help me arrange my luggage at lobby, and make a very fast check in process, then we can relax to have a walk near by the hotel.

The Actual check on time is 2pm, buy when hope to check in early, so we make a enquiry to the fronk desk, after that, the female supervior give us a card after some enquiry, but now the problem occur, the miscommucnication of the language, the supervisor give us the wrong card, which was the other guest who similat with my name, this make me feel unsecure maybe one day my room also will be unaccidently broke in by others guest.....please improve this.

After i checked again.the fronk desk team make their solution to setter this issue, after that, i been informed that, the room i booked - deluxe have been fully booked, so company upgrated my room to studio .....

i am free surprised that, and also happy, thanks to Centara hotel.

In the room, the room is big, and more secure cause the normal lif only can acess to 18th floor, the studio room which located at 19and 20th floor need to acess by another lift which u not easy ro been seen, and the floor is always with a housekeeping crew which easy to assign a staff to clean a room for you.

The room is with fully equiment of kitchen tools, a safe eletronic induction cooker, a miccoware, lots of glassware and cutlery.....

the room also large compaired with others room, please experienced urself....

For the swiming pool, is small, which located near by the spa, but the view is nice.

At last, some comments to the coffee house, the food is not suitable to me, cause lots of thailand local food,the sausage from the time i in was already finsih, after 1 hours , then only refill by the kitchen crew,and the action line staff please improve theirs hygience, cause they keep talking with each others, when cooking the fried egg and omelette....and the action stall noodles staff always missing....and make me just stand there wait...and wait.....

Average is good..

Room Tip: try to book studio room, A room with dinner table, cooking accesiories, sofa , and very secure lift...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest khookhoo87,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and for your time in posting this review. I must apologise for an inconvenience you was encountered during check in process. This shouldn't happened, therefore necessary and appropriate training is carrying out to prevent any similar incident to reoccur. I'm happy to learn that you liked a room that we provided and compliments on our housekeeping staffs who always deliver prompt service to your satisfaction.
Thank you for your feedback in regard to varieties of foods and improper behavior of our kitchen staffs. We have taken well noted of your remarks and currently working on rectification and improvement.
We hope you'll consider staying with us again on your next trip to Hat Yai and look forward to welcoming you back.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel countless time and usually I will just park my car at the car park for couples of nights while I proceed to the airport to transit to some other destination. Usual parking price per night is 100 baht. This time I did the same thing which I parked my car for almost 3 week and I was charge a 240 baht per night unreasonably, I asked for explaination and written car park rate of 240 baht that they can provide, therefore I requested to meet their manager to resolve the matter which the manager refuse to meet me and threaten that he will not allow my car to leave and will also report police. As a tourist I have no choice but to pay under this distress situation. I will further write to my credit card to dispute this scam.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bontan88
CHY4trip, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest Bontan88,

Thank you for raised this up that allow me to explain and clarify of the matter. We noticed that there was a Car being parked with no information given who was the owner of a Car, when he/she will pick it up. That was a big concerns according to our strict security system!. We must stay on top vigilant at all times. It is so crucial as you may aware and agreed? Most of the guests / tourists are appreciated of this adhered policy actually . We tried to call the number that obtained from registration card in order to get more information when you would be back and get a Car. The line was always cutting off, so unable to connect you. As the result, we need to let our security guard inspect a car very often to ensure that nothing wrong there, so extra works for the security guard. The parking fee that comply properly with terms and conditions is 100 Baht per night, but this was not the case (no information given, just parked a car there) So, this apply to the other terms and conditions of 10 Baht per hour/240 Baht per day. A car was parked here 26 nights in total, given the fact, you have not been charged unreasonably price.
Just to let you know, actually a police is requested to see and do some sort of inquiry against the owner why a Car was parked such so long? It is part of security measurement of the destidation.

Hope this would clarify and explanable of the matter.

Ko Lanta, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

A good standard Thai Hotel it is not up to European standards for a top end hotel but is much better than the average Thai Hotel. The very positive aspects about staying in this hotel is the location and swimming pool (rare for Hat Yai) . The staff are very polite and helpful

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CHY4trip, General Manager at Centara Hotel Hat Yai, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest Gordon M,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments on our staffs, hotel location and its facilities. We have been working hard and put every effords to leave up hotel to the best level standard.

Thank you for your constructive feedbacks and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed there for few times...very good location as the hotel is near to the shopping streets as well as the mall...the staffs are very polite and friendly...they always welcome us with warm smile...english speaking...the room is very clean...because I was travelling with my nieces so we were quite concern with the hygiene level of the hotel...centara did not let us down...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest NoelleCheah

Thank you for choosing to stay at Centara Hotel Hat Yai. I am delighted to know that you were happy with hotel location , impressed with friendliness of our staffs and satisfied with the cleanliness of our room. Your remarks is very encouraging us to keep up standard and ensure guests are received best experiences staying with us.

Thank you once again for your favorable feedbacks and we look forward to your family's return.