“Bad English, Bad Attitude”

Mayflower Grande Hotel - Hat Yai
Ranked #26 of 96 Hotels in Hat Yai
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was check-in as "Marihot Manullang" on 1203 room (9th August 2013). I chose this hotel because other hotels were already full. The first impression when I entered the hotel that include front office employees can not speak English very well so I like people confused.

The thing I regret is the time of checkout. During check-in I had to make complaints against the cracked glass. During check-out, front office clerk said that I broke a glass, I tried to do the explanation, but without further explanation receptionist clerk cut my deposit money (subtracting the price of the broken glass). It is very unfortunate, as well as the cleaning service is not friendly.

Be careful with tuktuk drivers, they deceive many tourist-trap that jaunt with prices that do not comply with the agreement before leaving.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin M

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Traveled to Hatyai at least twice a year but first time stay at Mayflower.

Room given next to the lift at 11th floor. Room sounded like build up with wood partition instead of bricks - too noisy.

Cleaner dept telephone just outside the room - morning ring non stop but no ppl pick up, cleaner making joke and chatting can be heard very clear .

People walk pass by and talk all can be hear very clear. Bathroom water stuck and flooded. Wifi super slow . Breakfast not sure as we didn't dine it for breakfast although we stay 3d2n here.

Before check out at 10am morning one of the cleaner ask if we check out yet we said 'NO' very clearly as we just bring some of the stuff to our car but cleaner had just open our hotel and find me packing in the room eventhough the tag ' do not disturb' is still hanging at the door.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank spa_lover08
Reviewed July 2, 2013

been stayed at this hotel when visited HY for pass few years. All staff are good except the counter staff who always don't understand customer need and only one or two can speak english. I always travel with my family during the bussiness trip and need separate bill for the room I stayed, but every visit need time to asked them separate the bills. some requests like link-room, high floor, twin bed are to be confirm again when check-in. Rooms are clean, location is good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KHChia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The location is quite good. It is just opposite the Lee Garden Plaza where you can shop and dine. At night the street in front become a food street.

The old CRT TV has a lot of channels but signal is very poor - white grain. Room is quite.

Parking is behind the hotel, open air.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We booked this room with very reasonable price, we arrived around 8am and the hotel allow us to check in early thus we have a good rest. Room is simple but nice and comfortable, all the shopping, restaurant just nearby , very easy to access, will definately stick to this hotel for my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ngsiewcheng
Reviewed April 19, 2013

- hotel is very near to some shopping street and mall. The opposite had a convenience stall (7-11)
The elevator is slow and small.. The shower not so good.. when u turn the tap to the hot water side u need to wait for awhile only the water turn hot and it's boiling hot temp(too hot). The bed sheet was dirty on the day we arrive and change it on the next day. The reception was not so friendly.
They don't have any parking lot or drop off in front of the hotel.
Other thing in this hotel was still ok..

Room Tip: u can exchange your currency and had a foot massage just next few shop ! Cheap!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank XianSoh
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I find the hotel room is clean and well fitted parquet flooring. easy access to anywhere for tourists. I had been staying at this hotel for more than twenty times and all my fiends love it very much. my favorite floor are 9th and 11th and 12th floor.the housekeeping very helpful and polite,maybe we are regulars.I just came back on 4th march...I stay at 10th flr n we don like the housekeeping...no money no say mentality. the front desk staffs need to be educated on cust svcs...the only hotel uses solar panel.

Room Tip: if possible, ask for 11th flr...nice design and LCD tv..strong wifi is on 12th floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends