All reviews tune hotel thai odyssey lee garden value for money budget hotel walking distance tuk tuk early check train station safe box basic room kim yong market mini fridge free shuttle comfy bed pleasant stay water pressure
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at Tune Hat Yai for two nights before proceeding my way to Malaysia. I was already in Hat Yai before and I stayed at some guesthouse which was decent. I saw that Tune has some cool promotion so I decided to stay here and to try it for the first time. Price was good, I selected early check in as I came early by train from Chumphon. I selected as an option 24 hours A/C, toiletries and 24 internet access. Check in was swift and welcoming. Staff had a good command of English so I did not have any troubles at all. As I booked early check in it was officially stated that check in is is possible after 11am. But as it was only 8.30am reception was so nice to let me in the room already at that time. We were tired after long ride with train and that was accepted very good by us. 24 hour A/C is enough for 2 days as you can distribute usage between the days. If you are walking around Hat Yai you certainly not need to run so you have enough time. Internet is activated after first log in and it is valid for 24 hours. But also no trouble there as I did not need it so much and first day I used computer placed in the lobby area.
So about the place. Hotel is positioned very conveniently as it is only app 10 minutes slow walking from train station. Hotel is clean and well maintained. We also did not have any difficulty with the noise and we had an excellent sleep. Bed mattress is of superb quality and was among the best on my travel and also overall. I would give it 5* for sure here. Hat Yai is very busy during the weekends and Malaysian holidays so book ahead if you want to stay at these times. I came in the middle of the week and the hotel was more or less very quiet.

You also have a safe box provided in the room. But my recommendation would be that hotel should screw this box to the wall or furniture as some people might not feel safe enough with safe just placed in the room.

There is no dining room in the hotel but there are lots of options if you go for breakfast outside. Just exit hotel turn left and proceed along the street and you will find some cool breakfast providing Asian and western style breakfast for cheap price. Anyway Tune was providing exactly these what we payed for for very good price. Certainly I can say that sleep quality was of five stars and price as for staying at some guest house. I would highly recommend this place and will stay here again if occasion brings me to Hat Yai again.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are with windows but there are also some rooms that are windowless. I would avoid these if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davesontrips
Reviewed August 11, 2013

1. Stay here for 3 nights.
2. Clean and Tidy.
3. Big room. (Bigger than expected)
4. Within walking distance to ODEON shopping mall, Lee Garden Plaza.
5. Basic amenities such as TV, Hot water shower, Hair Dryer and Towel.
6. Recommended to stay, Worth for the price.
7. "Tut Tut" is available in front of hotel at anytime. Good when traveling to Market/Pasar.
8. Foods and restaurant found nearby.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor (8th Floor), bigger room. More quiet than lower floor as further from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken Sheng W
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you are passing through Hat Yai this is good value, very clean and central. No character or restaurant but a great stop over. Wasn't impressed with Hat Yai so one night was enough. Would stay at Tune hotels again when I just want to sleep and not appreciate scenic surroundings!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hotel is spacious, compared to other Tune Hotels I've stayed in.

The only obvious flaw: We could hear literally everything that is going on outside. Children screaming, adults chit-chatting, etc. Not a very good way to wake up in the morning.

Location: Excellent, within walking distance to the town/city centre/malls.
Room comfort: Good, Pillows could be changed to something more comfortable though, it's too flat.
Cleanliness: Good.
Reception: Very friendly, full of smiles.

Don't have to worry about finding a tour company outside the hotel for your trip. Just engage a conversation with the uncle who are situated in the hotel lobby (pic attached). He's very honest and he'll tell you where to go, what to do, etc. Nice guy.

Overall, a good stay. We'll definitely stay in this hotel again if we return to Hat Yai.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DGlobTrot
Reviewed August 8, 2013

You do not get a lot in this hotel. But it is a best place for those who seek no thrills and like to pay the minimum for central Hat Yai location. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very good to sleep on. There is a TV.. and there is a hair dryer. And that's about it. Reception checking in takes 5 minutes. They give you towels and soap to bring to your room. And than you are on your own. About 30 US a Night. 5 minutes away from the Lee Garden Plaza shopping mall where all the action is. And 5 minutes walk from the railway station where we had to catch a train to Kuala Lumpur.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple