“Nice Trip”
Review of Golden Crown Plaza

Golden Crown Plaza
Ranked #28 of 95 Hotels in Hat Yai
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've a nice stay at this hotel last week - big room even with extra bed, very good locations walking distance to Lee Garden Plaza which we always do every day & night, in & out there and breakfast OK...1 day ala carte and 1 day buffet.
I really enjoy a stay at this hotel with my friends and the bed is so comfortable especially the extra bed !! You can't have a nice extra bed at hotels. The receptionist greeted us with smile when we check-in. The bell boy is so friendly and recommend us to go some interesting places in Hatyai too. The bell boy is so patient to wait us for deliver our luggage into our room. DO NOT use their in room massage. Not good and very noisy. Talk more than do...
The location is very good within walking distance and tuk tuk waiting outside hotel. Not so far to ASEAN night market which is a good place to shops.
Will be back to this hotel again when i visit to Hatyai.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank FayFaye
There are newer reviews for Golden Crown Plaza

Reviewed August 27, 2013

If this place was someones first visit to Thailand , they would never want to visit Thailand again. It is completely different from other places that I have visited in Thailand. Front Desk is always the first impression of a hotel that this is the worst I have ever came across.
When we checked in , they insisted we leave our passports with them and will only return it to us when we check out . We said we will pay on full and also a deposit but they still refused to give us back our passports. The girls were very rude and not even a hello or a smile. I really wonder how they got a job at the desk.
We had to pay for wifi daily (50Batt) Dont bother doing a massage there . We called them up to the room for massage and they were very noisy and the massage was really bad. I could barely walk after the massage . After the massage, they will insists for a tip!!!
Rooms were not bad . it was clean. Location is good. breakfast is all cold.
They didnt even bother to say thank you as we were checking out !!! Last!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sha_sha2901
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The room was absolutely nice and comfort. Room was well equipped. Breakfast included. This hotel near with the famous Lee Garden Plaza and Kim Yeong Market and can be reached by a few minutes walking. If you want to go to places such as Ice Dome, Hatyai Cable car,Khlong Hae Floating market and night market, you can just take a ride with tuk-tuk. But I hope that there is free WIFI for every hotel guest.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed from 13th - 16th Auguast 2013. Didn't enjoy the stay due to following reasons

1 Surprised i had to pay Baht 50 just to get the WIFI password from Reception during check in
2. Bathtowels , Hand towel were all smelly even before using. Once wet , it smelled even worse
3 Housekeeping didn't even noticed an empty toilet holder l and not bothered to replace a new roll.
4 The reception cum lobby area was so warm and not condusive for any guest to rest or chat with friends .

Hopefully , the management can take note of these few comments for better service to hotel guests in future .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RichardTee
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had fully paid for the rooms using my credit card via the hotel website and had also checked that the payment was already reflected in my credit card statement. I had to leave Hatyai a few days earlier leaving my wife to check out from the Hotel by herself a few days later. During check out, the front desk staff held my wife's passport for ransom and refuse to hand it to her until she pay again for the room. They were very very rude to her. I am very disappointed in the Thai hospitality that I once held in high regards. Thailand will never be the same in my eyes again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arean
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The room was absolutely nice and comfort. Room was well equipped. Breakfast included. The staff also very friendly and ready to assist anytime. Everything's perfect only the tv channels are all in Thai as I'm Malaysian. Foods were very easy to find anytime. This hotel near with the famous Lee Garden Plaza and Kim Yeong Market and can be reached by a few minutes walking. If you want to go to places such as Ice Dome,Hatyai Cable car,Khlong Hae Floating market and night market, you can just take a ride with tuk-tuk. And always bear in mind,keep the price low.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paulunsmith
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel was booked based on availability thru AirAsiaGo.com with our flights from AirAsia.
We requested for connecting rooms & were given a King Bed next to double beds.
Basic amenities but pleasant enough for just a few nights stay.
The package came with breakfast & free wifi.
Breakfast was ok...if you go early.
I read many other reviews stating that they had to pay for wifi altho' it states free.
I had similar encounter when I asked for the PW & they said we need to pay 50baht a day.
However I stated that my booking came with free wifi & they immediately gave me the PW.
So please go to the counter & state clearly that it's in your booking.
The PW expires every 24 hours...just get a new one daily.
Very near to Kim Yeong Market & walking distance to Central Shopping Mall.

Room Tip: We requested for connecting rooms as we were in a party of 4. I read a review that stated 8th Floor...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends