“Spacious, Clean and Good Rate”
Review of New Season Hotel

New Season Hotel
Ranked #7 of 95 Hotels in Hat Yai
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Prior to visiting Hatyai, I read up on the hotels and was quite paranoid about the write-ups on how rundown and bugs infesting the rooms, and so I was very cautious on which hotel I would be checking in to.

Trip Advisor's hotel reviews is really beneficial, and I ended up trusting one of their reviews on New Season Hotel.

The Junior Suite's spacious and the first thing you see as you enter is the living room with 3+1+1 sofas. Most reviews complained on Hotels toilet being too crampy and dirty, but not for this one. The toilet has a big standing shower and a bathtub. Most importantly, it's clean and bugs free :)

Another plus factor: Free hi-speed internet and Wireless Internet any room.

U can read more about it at my personal blog toliveishappiness.blogspot.com.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeAnnThots

Reviewed June 11, 2010

Fairly new hotel and clean roooms. Just 5 minutes to Salma Restaurant (Halal). This hotel is normally full but you need to book early. Rates are reasonable but it was expensive during the Malaysian Agung Birthday Holiday. Breakfast spread are rather limited but okay for the price they charged. Its a walking distance to the heart of town-Pink Lady, Odeon Shopping Centre and plenty of reflexology centre aroud it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Hat Yai ! Well, it must have been 3-4 years ago since I stayed there last time. Which was a rather unpleasant experience back then, with a large variety of “critters” in my room including bedbugs, although the place where I stayed at that time was called a “Deluxe Hotel”. This actually already says a lot about the standard of the hotels in Hat Yai in general, which I think are the lowest all over Thailand (and I have been staying at approx. 200 hotels in Thailand over the years) . Every third building in downtown Hat Yai seems to be a hotel, though the occupancy-rates can easily hit single-digit percentage-numbers during weekdays in the low season. Due to the lack of guests (economical crisis, the unrest in the Southern provinces with bombings in Hat Yai, and the riots in Bangkok as the latest addition – all that doesn't really help the tourism in Hat Yai) the hotels seem to suffer from an extraordinarily bad maintenance, even by Thai standards. Therefore, this time I decided to stay at a hotel that is rather new and consequently, not rundown (yet).
in-room Internet is essential for me too, as I have to work online at least 3-4 hrs a day. And then the location should be central, without suffering from too much street-noise.
I ended up choosing the NEW SEASON HOTEL, and it indeed appeared to fulfill my requirements. I took a lot of pics, pls check them as pics often say more than words.
Arriving at the hotel, you better should not expect a warm welcome, or should I say, better not expect any welcome at all. The two stony-faced female staff didn't actually bother to acknowledge my existence at all, until I dared to approach them, after that they had no other choice than dealing with me. But do not expect any smile on their faces.
Even worse, they asked me if they could KEEP MY PASSPORT, which is illegal, because as a foreigner, you are required to carry your passport with you at all times when in public. Such policy is absolutely unacceptable ! In addition, virtually everywhere in the hotel you find signs, warning you like: “FINE for THIS: 1.500 Baht” “FINE for THAT: 2000 Baht”..... “carpet per point if dirty 500 Baht” so be careful, whatever you do, you may occur a fine..... even the “misuse (?) of the key-tag” in the room (see my pics!) will set u back 1.500 Baht ! Removing the kettle from the room or breaking it will cost u 1.000 Baht, though: there wasn't even a kettle in the room! HOHOHO ! Funny, aren't they ? Maybe the management would be better off to teach their staff some hospitality rather than inventing new fines for any wrong step you make.... but they are probably too busy all day with inventing new “FINES” which they can charge to guests, and “hotel souvenir pricelists” (it contained near to 60 items – never in my life I have seen anything like that before), so they do not have time for that.
thank god the bellboy on my arrival was of a different breed, he was friendly, cordial and helpful (he immediately realized I would want to use the wired internet and asked the reception for a LAN-cable without me requesting this yet). Actually the bellboys (the other ones on my departure were pleasant as well) were the only staff I encountered in the hotel who understood the meaning of “hospitality”. The room was in good condition, I got a high floor as requested, though the walls are very thin, so I witnessed almost every “activity” of my noisy Chinese neighbors. The location of the hotel turned out to be better than expected, because LEE PLAZA, which is considered the Center of town, was virtually just a stone-throw away, much closer than it appeared on the map first. Even though the location was very central, my room did not suffer from street noise (9th floor). The windows did shut properly, blocking most of the street-noise, and after 9 pm or so, the traffic thinned out almost completely anyway. Please see my attached pics to get an impression of the room. The room had a table big enough to be used as a working desk, two arm-chairs, and the bed was pretty big, though it was actually not really one King-size bed, it was 2 mattresses put together, but that's okay. Room had a fridge stocked with drinks, plus snacks and....ermmmm.... 2 packs of condoms. All at acceptable rates by Thai standard. Same goes for the room menu, quite a big selection of dishes at moderate prices. Didn't use the laundry service, but prices were moderate too by Thai-Hotel standards (40 Baht per shirt). Two bottles of free drinking water were provided, but no kettle and no coffee-/tea-making facilities, which a hotel in that price range should have. Though the hotel is relatively new, the carpet already looked worn somehow. room hat a safe too. Bathroom was spacious and clean and came with a tub, bath- and hand-towels, plus basic amenities, but I did not see a hairdryer (certainly can be borrowed from reception if u ask). Aircon strong and not noisy, small TV set (no flat-screen) with a plethora of channels (I stopped zapping at channel 62 or so), almost entirely Thai. As I did not know how early I would have to leave the next morning, and as I expected the BF to be a forgettable “set-BF” rather than buffet-style (due to the general low occupancy in Hat Yai during the week), I tried to find a booking-website that offered a “room only”-rate, and found that in “sawadee”, where I was offered a room-only rate at 1.000 THB. Overall, I would not mind to stay there again and recommend this place to others. Hopefully they will teach their front-desk staff to be a little more welcoming to guests (which actually pay for their salaries) and remove 80% of those annoying “a FINE for everything” - signs. If you liked my review and my pics, please give me a positive mark, thank you ;-)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
8  Thank EurasiaVoyager
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I stayed at New Season Hotel for 3 nights over a business trip. Overall, I found that this hotel is pleasant. The hotel staff were very friendly and attentive, including both the reception and housekeeping.
In addition, it is about 7 mins walk to the "city" where you will be able to find many restaurants, fast food outlets and major departmental stores.
In terms of cleaniness, it isn't the best but it is sufficient for a comfortable stay.
I will definitely go back and recommend to any who is looking for somewhere, safe and reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Delcz
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Spent one night at New Season. Came from Penang by train to catch the bus to Phuket the next morning. Hotel is walking distance from train station as well as massage, shopping, restaurants. Overall room was fine, but could've used more maintaining over the years. No big deal stuff such as older furniture, as well as scratched headboard on bed. Bathroom could've been cleaner as well, mostly dust and cobwebs. Room service food was good but staff barely spoke english which made ordering confusing. Overall, great place for overnighter.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spermie100
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 24, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 19, 2010

After visiting Trang Island & Songkla we checked into the hotel. It was booked under our host name and the process was a breeze. Room rate is abt 1000 bahts wo b/f. We expected a clean room. It was clean alright! Everything works! Towels are pure white.Our host took us out for meals. We tried a variety of Thai dishes at a few Muslim eateries.On 19th mornign we had breakfast at Salma(Halal)Restaurant which is a short walk from the hotel.My husband had banana Prata(banana pancake) and teh tarik(milk tea).Very cheap.We were delighted the staff spoke our mother tongue-Malay.So this is great! will
stay at New season next time.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple