“Out of town....”

Hat Yai Municipal Park
Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Hat Yai
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A great way to get out of the city and enjoy some wildlife, the view from the top is great and well worth the trek to the top!.

3  Thank vix27
in 4 reviews
"four faced buddha"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Space observatory, temple at the peak, short cable car ride, large park. Not too far from city center but will need transport to get there.

2  Thank fido88
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Large park , nice place to visit, even though is just a park... Cable car takes you to the top of the hill for 200 Thai bath...

2  Thank JM_OC_California_
Reviewed September 29, 2012

There is an ice house that was cool but it was a little pricey. Nice to get out of the heat. I walked up the hills in this park and you will likely get lost like I did if you do this. The mosquitos will get you. This is a huge park. This is no little stroll. This park comes with mountain quality hills. Once you get to the top where the laughing Buddha it's quite cool. I'm glad I did it, but man I wouldn't walk that again unless I brought more water! Couple of hours walking steep inclines/declines; possibility present that you will get lost.

3  Thank Todd W
See more reviews
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed in the city centre and a tuk tuk (taxi) cost me 100 baht to the park.I had intended to walk around but the park is a vast hilly area apart from the boating lake and gardens that you can reach easily from the park entrance.
So I retained the services of the tuk tuk driver and I'm glad I did otherwise it would have been a few hours steep walking in the hot sun.
Therefore,if you go make sure you have transport.
I took the cable car to see the tall standing Buddah temple,from which you have great views of the cities of Hat Yai and Songhkla.
After I visited the Chinese goddess,Kuan Yim,temple which has souvenirs for sale.
Theres also a "laughing Buddah" located close to this temple.
Well worth spending a few hours in this park.Note that the cable car is mainly all glass and only holds 6 adults,so might not be for people who dont have a head for heights.But,dont worry,you can also reach all the sights by road if you wish.

5  Thank Zidane08