“Good budget stay, good location”
Review of King's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hat Yai
King's Hotel
Ranked #69 of 92 Hotels in Hat Yai
“Good budget stay, good location”
Reviewed January 24, 2010

room was cheap 450baht for a dbl room, with a/c and hot water, fridge and tv. staff were friendly and polite. we slept in but when we left our room in the afternoon to get lunch the staff outside our room checked if we needed new towels, soap, toilet paper etc.

room had wifi, it was a weak signal for us (4th floor) but worked ok. there is also a pc in reception that's avaiable for use.

good location for all the shopping centres and markets. would recomend to any budget travellers. there are plenty of other hotels if you want more than budget and basic.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank loopyloops0506

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This was a rather bizarre experience. On check in the bellboy was excessively helpful. I told him 5 times that he didn't need to carry my bags, and he kept trying to grab them anyway. He walked with me up to my room and kept trying to demonstrate to me that all the lights worked, even though I kept shooing him away. Over and over I gestured that I didn't want his help, but he ignored me. I finally opened the door and gestured more firmly that he needed to leave, and he finally left. Was he that badly in need of a tip??

When checking in I asked about wi fi, and the clerk ignored my question. I asked a few more times, and he finally told me there was no wi fi. I later found out the hotel did have wi fi and used it in my room. Bizarre. Also odd, but it only worked on one side of the room, but not the other.

The first day was a nice stay, but the next morning wasn't. I wanted to sleep in, but I was rudely awoken the next morning at 7am by other guests and by cleaning staff. The cleaning staff banged my door loudly with their cart. Later 2 maids hung out a few meters down the hall and had a fairly loud conversation for a good long while. I thought my "do not disturb" sign on my door and my request for them to "shush" should have been enough, but I guess not.

I enjoyed the sign over one of the elevators which proclaimed it Had Yai's first elevator "since 1964". Since it was out of order half the time, perhaps it hadn't been replaced since 1964.

I didn't enjoy the way the staff acted. I'd look elsewhere if I were to stay in Had Yai again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Hat Yai hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Was sort of stranded in Hat Yai after train cancelled and needed somewhere inexpensive but clean - Kings was recommnended by a travel agent (who subsequently booked me through to Koh Samui).
The staff were friendly, and the room was small vut clean and comfortable - hot water and airconditioning and the rate was inexpensive.
Not a resort but ok for passing through

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo