“Our massage destination in Hat Yai”

Sakura Grand View Hotel
Sakura Grand View Hotel
Ranked #59 of 95 Hotels in Hat Yai
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Never stayed here before but came a few times for massage. There is a massage centre in this hotel offering foot massage, thai traditional and oil massage. Prices at 250THB for foot massage for an hour, THB 300 for a course of traditional massage (approx 1.5 to 2 hours) and THB 350 for an hour of oil massage.

Clean and decent place though I feel the masseurs prefer men. Perhaps due to more tips?

The massage is not bad though I found it a bit too painful most of the time. They provide clothes for traditional massage and absolutely no clothes for oil massage so be prepared. The masseurs are young and middle aged women who are slim but have lot of strength.

You should give tips at this place because of how they structure it. You will pay at the cashier and then the girls will wait for you at the door to see you off and also hope/ expect to receive tips. I would say a tip of 50-100 THB should suffice, depending on how satisfied you are. The few times we went, did not need to make booking in advance because they have many masseurs and many rooms.

They have rooms for like 2-4 people in a private room without toilet and locking facility FYI.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
17  Thank Jessica K

Reviewed September 6, 2012

It's not located in central so you'll have to walk for a few minutes to get to the central shopping area. It wasn't a very long walk though.

The bellboy was just so very pleasant and friendly, he took care of our luggage once we step out of the taxi right up to our hotel room. He was also very helpful (even with his minimal command of English) in giving us directions to nearby restaurants and attractions. Counter girls were not as pleasant and sounded a little rude and impatient when we asked them some questions or when we didn't understand what they were saying, but will do their job well.

Rooms were not too bad, spacious and clean, but furniture were a little old with stains here and there. Air conditioning was very powerful. Bathroom had a leaky basin and water would seep thru the tiles when we showered, the floor would be wet but it wasn't that bad. Other than that, basic toiletries provided and shower was good. Probably just needed a little maintenance here and there. Beds were super hard! Especially the pillow. Felt like I was sleeping on a wooden pillow.

Breakfast was very good and I enjoyed every moment of breakfast. No complains on the food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I enjoyed staying for 3 days.good location very convenient for shopping and clubbing, room was clean&complete basic toiletries, except the stain in the bed but overall its ok! for only th baht 800 its worth i consider it in 3 star hotel.walking distance within the city.everything was good,the only thing is dont compared &expect that you stay in 5 star hotel.service is totally different.Be contented:)

Room Tip: I wont be back.i would recommend to stay at the centara or novotel hotel its better.but not the rege...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Walking distance from central like Lee Garden Hotel. Hotel has a big lobby & waiting area. Counter staff was so so and impatient & so was the housekeeping lady. Room was spacious. Bathroom was clean but looks tired. Has a tub. Basic toiletries provided like soap, shampoo, shower cap & cotton bud. Shower pressure was good. Fridge door doesn't shut properly. TV has ample channels to keep you entertained. The bed was kinda hard and uneven. No swimming pool. There is a convenient shop across the street but don't expect too much from them. There is a coffee shop nearby the hotel where you can have breakfast. The lady boss speaks hockkien and little chinese. The food there is not as cheap as expected though. Theres a cheaper version of this hotel across the road Sakura Hotel. Clean enough for a good night sleep but room was much smaller & hotel looks & feels like you're back in the 80s. Have a great time there!

Room Tip: Get rooms on higher floor if you want a nice view of Hatyai City.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed in this Hotel for 3 nights ...no regrets....the door boy very pleasant ...check in counter hmm some girls did not have smiles and did not say much could be language prob ..but they get thier job done so its ok ...next went to the rooms ..clean and good air con ...very good so far ...came down to the coffee house for some food good service and good food wont complain ..!!! On the whole it was a good stay my only wish if they can provide coffeee/ tea making stuff for the rooms cos morning have to go out and have the first coffee of the day !!!))

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank beesidhu
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Hi
I went to Hat Yai Sakura and check for a room, i wanted a room for 2 nights, the receptionist told me that there is ONLY 1 room and I need to check out tomorrow to a different room but have to pay more. Ok agreed, the first day she gave me a superior room that cost me Baht 1150 no breakfast. Ok fine, the second day I need to pay 1500 baht for the deluxe room. ok I paid all in all 2700 baht. The next day I call the receptionist and enquiry to change the room since I have a similar in Songkala and will be late, I was so surprise she told me I can still use the same room without any changes. But what I was so frus is that I paid more compare to the first day. WHY. The service at the front desk was so bad and no respect to me as a guest, if I encounter this I do believe many like will do the same too. I wonder does the management educate their staffs or do any monitoring I insist to see the manager but was told he in on leave and I cant see. What is this. . Please take note I feel this Sakura is not a good hotel and not safe unless you wanted to be cheated and pay your money for nothing. What a way to make money from us a day light fraud and cheat. I am so upset and I am sharing with all my networking friends NOT to book or stay in this hotel . I am writing all over the world to my friends and I wilkl soon send all the documents after scanning for you to see.
Sad been so stupid
I check in on the 22/1/12 check out 24/.1/12 move to other hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Muna K
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed at the hotel on 29-30/4/11. Luckily for only one night. During check in, the receptionist didn't even smile..so that for the rest of the stay....instead not only one person but all of the receptionists seem to be trained not to smile I guess. Room was ok..nothing much to expect but quite far the town...can't walk from the railway station..tuk tuk is 20baht per person everywhere in town... Overall..worst experience of customer service, except for one bell boy who was very helpful to find us a tuk tuk to Klonghae Floating Market that cost 400 Baht for 6 of us...

• Stayed: April 2011