Lowest prices for your stay
$10
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$10
Trip.com$10
ZenHotels.com
All reviews lovely garden setting clock tower easy access free wifi hot water english
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Simple rooms around pleasant shady garden with outdoor seating, a good place to chat with other travellers. Easy stroll to all amenities but no traffic noise, only birdsong and butterflies. For 300b my room was clean and comfy for one, but 2 might find it cramped. Very good breakfast in the sunshine. I found all the staff always friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Location was excellent and the manager/owner and staff were very willing, accommodating and friendly.

At 400b/ night we considered this 100 too much when compared with what we have experienced elsewhere.

The good
location near the clock tower which is an excellent ref point for navigation.

Quiet although that depended on the other guests

The Bad
I am sorry to say that our bed caused itching and in the mornings had been bitten. We did express our concern and cleaning bedding
was provided immediately. However the problem was the old and soiled mattress.

Hot water supply depended on who was up first

Services
We did not eat their breakfast but many did.
Wifi had a small disruption of service but TOT related

This appeared to be a popular place so take my experience along
with others

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This guesthouse is in a quiet location, but is still close to all of the downtown attractions. the clock is close, and both the night market and the Sunday walking market are just a stone's throw away. The owner is very helpful and wonderful, and the fried rice is excellent. The guesthouse has a nice garden to relax in, and wifi.

Room tip: The closer the room to the main office, the better your wifi reception will be
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

After a few tries elsewhere, we stumbled across Baan Bua and secured a double air con room. This was very spacious and comfortable but due to our tight budget, we moved to a smaller fan double for our remaining stay - which was perfectly suitable. The owner is a lovely lady, always making polite conversation and has very good communication skills. The coffee is good, nice to sit drinking a cup in the morning listening to the birds and spotting the blue lizards climbing the trees. On our stay there were single travellers, couples and families all staying at Baan Bua which added to the atmosphere. I'd recommend the white temple and hill tribe museum - to admire the tribal culture from afar. We ate most nights at a cage called Ti Amo which has amazing foods Thai and western - try the banana and chocolate shakes. All in all a great guest house and area to stay on for a few days.

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend chose to stay here as it was a recommended guesthouse in the latest edition of Lonely Planet South East Asia on a Shoestring.
On arrival the lady seemed nice but once we'd paid for our 3nights she didn't really seem interested any more and at times came across quite rude. I've given her the benefit of the doubt as she was 7-8months pregnant but I'm not sure this totally excuses her attitude.
The room was big but the sheets were stained and we had another bed in the room with us which again was covered in stains. There was no tv and the bathroom was average. We paid 400baht a night to stay with a fan room - we've had better for the same and less.
During the first night I woke up to feel something quite big (for a bug) crawling on my arm, I was too scared to turn on the light so just killed it. There was a pop when I squashed it and in the morning when we woke the sheets where I'd squashed the bug had quite a large patch of blood on. I then noticed on my boyfriends back what looked like a rash at first but he complained of it being itchy. After the second night the bites had spread across the top of his back, shoulders and down his upper arms. We suspected bed bugs so had a good search of the sheets and low and behold we found some!
We got our sheets changed but it didn't seem to make a difference as he had more bites the next morning and I'd also got a few now too. This is the first time in our 9weeks of travelling we've had a bed bug problem.
I would advise staying somewhere else, there are plenty of other options and it seems that every Lonely Planet recommendation we stay at, these are always poorer quality than anything we find ourselves.
The only good thing about this place is there's a great bookshop called Orn's bookshop just around the corner.

Date of stay: November 2012