“Iconic Landmark”
Review of Clock Tower

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This clock tower is the iconic landmark in Chiang Rai Down Town, and it's close to night market. It is surprisingly beautiful and a very good landmark for traveler to distinct direction. This tower has entirely different look during days and night time.

There are newer reviews for Clock Tower

Reviewed August 12, 2013

What is called Clock Tower is nothing like the Big Ben in London, as you might think first. No, it is a 10 yards high creation shimmering golden in the middle of crossroads in the centre of Chiang Rai, made by the artist who is guilty of the White Temple cheesiness. The good news is you can tell people let us meet in a café east of the Clock Tower or in a café west of the Clock Tower or in a café opposite of the Clock Tower. I have no idea how the people of Chiang Rai were able to date each other before the Clock Tower was erected. Maybe they stayed home in those old days knitting a pullover or playing chess or having another pot of tea. Anyway we took photographs because in Germany we do not have a single building in this Zuckerbäckerstil, and now we have at least a photo of a building in Zuckerbäckerstil. Some say the British call this style pastry cook´s style. I would say whatever one calls it, it is pretty ugly.

1  Thank Jurgen H
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was made by the same artist who built and designed the white temple a really lovely landmark and close to the night bizaar

Reviewed August 5, 2013

From a distance this stunning clock tower takes you in. We were there for the 7pm light show. I would recommend any one who gets the opportunity to visit Chiang Rai visits the clock tower and take your camera.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This golden clock has two faces,daytime and night time. On the way to go to Wat Prakeao I took a picture of this,not really impressed...was surprised how big and beautiful this is but because its on the roads so I couldn't take a good one. Chiangrai is not too busy compared with Chiangmai but still many cars are bothering taking picture:-P then on the way to go back to hostel,I stopped to have a coffee where I can see this clock,actually I didn't care whether I can see or not...was just taking break. At 7pm, this clock stared to be illuminated(not only blight,many colors!) and music's playing! I thought it would be a minute but last long(6,7minutes?) I stopped using cellphone(cafe has free wifi!) just looking at the beautiful,colorful illumination! It was amazing! Worth to be looked.
There are some cafe around this. so if you are there after 7:00 it's worth to have coffee break or dinner to check this attraction!