Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have long dreamt of visiting a jungle paradise, and what it might be like. Now I know. It is called Huai Khum Resort, and located in the beautiful jungle mountains of Northern Thailand. The only thing that surpasses the lush surrounding vistas and intricately finished aminities is the exuberant, impeccable service. Charlie and Grace have a gift of hospitality that is absolutely delightful. If you are ready for a visit to paradise, it's time to book your stay at Huai Khum. Just make sure there are vacancies on the tail end, because you may decide you aren't ready to leave. My soul has been refreshed, and my inner photographer has been thrilled and satisfied. And while I hate to leave this morning, I am excited about the elephant ride that awaits my family and me just minutes down river.

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank DrButner
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were 3 couples expecting adventure activities but with semi-luxurious accommodations at the end of an active day. We bicycled to the little town, rode elephants and took the long tail boat to the resort. Kayaked down the river.
We were looking forward to the pool - but was only half full of water and water looked unhealthy to go in. We had rustic cabins on the ridge with great views but beds very hard. Everyone had poor sleeps. The toilet facilities were crawling with ants. Food was mediocre but setting incredibly beautiful.
The highlight was visiting the tribal village next door.
Management priorities seem wrong - spending time making elephant friezes while it is the living accommodations that need serious upgrading.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Forever_Fifty
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Mr Imp and I are arguing over the rating here, it wasn't average but it wasn't very good - so a good 3.5 at least. Loved the cabins, beds comfortable but no air con - was boiling for about an hour and then it cools down. Food was the best I've had so far this trip. It needs more comfortable seating in the bar area though. We sat and read our books for about 2 hours whilst having a few beers and the chairs/ sofas were not comfortable.

Room tip: Our cabin was by the restaurant. Which was great. There are more cabins up the hill which looked a good old trek - I'm sure the views from there would be amazing but not sure I would want to walk that far
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Choosing to stay at the Huai Khum Resort wasn’t trivial. The travel agent said it lacked air condition and mentioned the place was in the jungle, but a After long consideration we decided to go for it.
Arriving to Huai Khum Resort with a motor river boat was both exciting and promising. Once there, the scenery is breath taking, the place is well dressed on the outside, the pool looks great, in short, we liked it a lot.
But once we got in the wood cabin it all turned around. The cabin looked old tired and not very clean or inviting. While the beds were ok, the bath room and toilet were "bad guest house level" at best… That spoiled the whole thing for us, and we couldnt wait getting out of there.
This is a classic case where a modest renovation could upgrade the place substantially. I wish the very nice owner would realize it too.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank ContingencyPlan
chialin, Owner at Huai Khum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Thanks for your criticism. I will pay more attention to the tidiness of each bungalow as was advised. I understand that no matter how beautiful the scenery is, if the accommodation is not clean, it is a lack of convenience.
Now, talking about the design of the accommodation, each bungalow is different. I would like to know which bungalow you were referring to, so I can think again.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

The journey to the resort was a little tricky as we arrived at night, but "Charlie" came to our rescue and drove out to find us. We arrived to the resort by long-tail boat, and first impressions were minimal as it was dark. The warmth of our welcome was enough as we settled down to cold beers and dinner in the open-air restaurant on the edge of the river Ping. When we were shown to our room - or should I say villas - we were delighted! The intricate detail of the design of the rooms and wood carvings enchanted us. We occupied 3 villas, each different in design. The rooms had an outside terrace for sipping aperitifs and there was an inside one when the air got a bit nippy. All around the grounds were beautiful clay statues made by the waiter - I have never seen more beautiful statues in northern Thailand - and we have been here for 3 years!
The beds were extremely comfy, fitted with mosquito nets - and the floors were made of bamboo sheets. The night was a bit cold, so I had to use an extra blanket - but that is me! The others in the group were comfy all night long. Until the cockerels called - but in rural Thailand, on the edge of a Hill Tribe village, what can you expect? The gentle sound of hymns from the village (about 1 KM away) on Sunday morning were an interesting wake-up call!
The swimming pool kept the little ones entertained and the open area meant that the older ones could play ball. I saw Kayaks and plenty of opportunities to travel down the river to the nearby elephant camps. We were happy just to relax and walk on the nearby trails. When it was time for go, we were all bundled into the boat and had the chance to enjoy the river views as we sped back to the car.
We were only there for two nights, the menu would need a little more "oompf" if we were to stay longer. Although the breakfast omelets were delicious, I would recommend easy "falang" food of pancakes and fruit (I am sure they would have accommodated, but I didn't ask). Fresh coffee would also have been welcome - cappuccino - would have made my morning!
Overall, a wonderful find - very welcoming and helpful staff. Charlie was a warm and caring host. I will definitely be taking the family there again! Take cards, a warm set of clothes if you go in the winter (for the cool nights) and enjoy the fantastic views!

Date of stay: January 2011