“Perfect”

Ranked #2 of 108 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Tagbilaran City, Philippines
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stay in the hotel for 4 nights. Actually no need give a description of the hotel when everything is perfect. Specially the service from the desk, the cleanliness , location and relaxing place are super. And thanks to the manager to help find back the camera from my gf.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear FDS520,
Glad to see the review from you and thank you for your compliment. I'm really sorry for the delay of your trip dues to the lost of your camera. But we all have done a good job to recover it back. And I would like to share this thank to the drivers in bus station for their hospitality to help finding your asset. I certainly hope that the rest of your trip will be full with delight and excitement. Please don't forget us when you will return to Thailand again.

Charnchai P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with a friend for a weekend in May.

Location was perfect for us as we could walk to night bazaar and Saturday street market.

Bicycles on site were an added bonus particularly as unlike many hotels the bikes were new and the hotel provided helmets.

Staff were fantastic. More than willing to cut up limes for our soda water and fresh mangoes we purchased from a local market.

Organised driver to take us on a tour. He was fantastic, spoke very good English, suggested places to visit (and not places like in other parts of Thailand that he would get a kickback from) and even arrived 15 minutes early so we weren't waiting.

Unfortunate this driver was not available on the second day and given combination of local elections and being a Sunday it was difficult to get a driver particularly as we wanted to leave by 3.30am to go up the mountain for sunrise. Hotel staff persisted and arranged another driver for us. Unfortunately he wasn't as good as the first but we really appreciated their effort in arranging the driver along with the breakfast pack and late check out offered.

Like other reviews we did find the music from the night bazaar could be heard from our room. Although not ideal it didn't prevent us from sleeping. It was a little strange as it seemed louder at the hotel compared with the noise level when we were at the night bazaar.

My only criticism is the breakfast. The range was fine but some of the food in particular the hash browns and spring rolls weren't hot. I also found the bread too sweet and the bacon too fatty for me to eat. Unfortunately the fatty bacon seems to be common across Asia. To date I have only found one hotel that served good quality short cut bacon, everywhere else seems to have very fatty streaky bacon.

Overall I would definitely stay at Le Patta again if I return to Chiang Rai.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Jacalyn Leah M
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear wackijac,
Thank you very much for your review. First of all, I'm feeling really sorry to hear that the driver on your second day trip is not as good as the first one. We shall note and mark this driver performance for future reference. I accepted that it's a little bit difficult to find a good price and driver for your trip dues to many factors as you have mentioned. We will put more effort to prepare for such case in future or if you would come to visit us again please let us help to arrange your trip in advance and we will never let you down.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed here for one night and it was a great experience. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to assist us. My daughter locked the safe with our money in it without reading the directions first and we needed them to come unlock it. They were very kind. Breakfast the next day was delicious and filling. The dining room is a bit small but we ate before it really filled up. It is very close to the Saturday walking market and eating places. The only minor complaint I had was the loud music from somewhere behind our room that we could hear into the night. That was the only issue.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Hamzy
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Hamzy,
Thank you very much for giving your time to share your experience during your stay with us. We do appreciate your words and comments and we do try to fix the noise problem now. We reported to the municipal office for the over use of speaker in the area nearby, menwhile we will seal our room with more noise protection. I really believe that we would be able to fix this concern very soon. I would like to thank you again and be looking forward to welcoming you here in the future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I was supposed to stay 4 nights but changed it to 3. All stafd very polite and helpful. I stayed in 3 different rooms on 3 nights to try to avoid the noise. Contrary to what was said on TripAdvisor not all rooms arw quiet. The first night until midnight the band was playing some loud music that didnt finish till midnight. After a long day of trekkking you want to get to bed early so you can be up in time for an early start. The 2nd night they moved me to a room with the door facing the street which is a main road and constant motor bike traffic. The windows are quite sound proof. The doors are not so it depends what faces the door. if you are a light sleeper I would think twice about staying here. If you sleep like a log you will love it here. On the positive side the breakfast is more than adequate. Avoid the hotel car which they say you have to use because they 'dont know how normal taxis work' after insisting on flagging me down a taxi I paid less than the 200 baht they insist you pay for a rather crappy old car. On the way from the airport I paid 60 baht with a brand new very polite meter taxi. Dont take the cars on offee inside. Just walk out and go to the main road.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Rishadalive
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Rishadalive,
I'm really sorry to know that you didn't have a nice stay with us. Please accept my sincerely apology. We did try to make the room as quite as possible (with double wall and soundproof window) while maintain the resort atmosphere but it maybe not sufficient enough to provide you the good sleep, I will consult with our architect if we can further block the noise from outside.
Another thing that I think it's our fault to not clearly explain is the hotel shuttle service. Our hotel provide shuttle service (a complimentary for direct booking with hotel and a surcharge for booking from other channel) for guests' convenience. It's an option for guest, we also can call to taxi call center to get the taxi for all guest and it's definitely free (we did get nothing from taxi company and we do not have option to get new or old car also).
We do not encourage our guest to get the taxi from street side if they are in hurry because Chiang Rai is not similar to Bangkok which you can easily get the taxi on the street. Most of the taxi in Chiang Rai will park at their station or nearby shopping center. Sometime you will need to wait longer to get one.
Please allow me to add up one useful information, the outbound taxi fee is more expensive (about twice) than the inbound fee so it always more expensive to go to airport than airport to hotel.

We do apologize for your inconvenience during your stay with us and thank you very much for your comment and to give us chance to explain. We will try our best to improve our hotel regards to your review above and really wish you to visit us again in the future.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed here during the Songkran festival in April. We booked through Agoda.

Reception
The reception staff is very friendly and took us to our room although we arrived too early in the morning. They are very helpful in planning your day and love to give us tips. You also get a key to the bike lock with them if you want to rent the hotel bicycle.

Room
We booked the smallest room 201 without a pool view. It was quieter although the room is directly facing the Main Street. You hardly ever hear the noise from the street. There is only shower in the room. If you take the shower too long, the water starts to fill the bathroom floor. There is only one roll of toilet paper provided per day, so we had to ask housekeeping everyday. Everything in the fridge is complimentary and is filled new everyday. That saved us a trip to Seven-Eleven at night for water. We read on the balcony in the evening until we noticed terrible mosquito bites. Don't open the window after 5pm!

Hotel Facility
The swimming pool was nice and never crowded. The water is treated with salt. It was nicer than what we saw in the photos. The rental bicycle was convenient to visit sightseeing spots in the city. We rented almost everyday. The only down side is that we can only use the bicycles until 6pm.

Location
The location is really convenient, central and close to everything like cafés, restaurants, museums, clock tower, temples and local market. There is a free airport shuttle service. They took us to the bus terminal for free.

Breakfast
Since there are many Thai and Chinese guests, there is always congee or soup for breakfast. After staying for 5 days, it became repetitive but was okay. They serve coffee with cold milk. So I had to ask for formed milk to make my own cappuccino.

All in all we were very happy with the service and facility. The clientele is a bit strange though. Many Chinese and Thai families, Westerners (men) with Thai women, and young Thai couples. We stayed only a few rooms away from a group of several Thai couples who came back and made loud noise in the corridor after midnight.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the swimming pool is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank minimu
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear minimu,
I'm really glad to read through your review, you have given us a very superb feedback for each items from guest's point of view. Still, there are many concerns that I would like to explain and apologize. First thing is the bike lending service hours, we have experienced guests' accident (not a serious one yet) during the first time we have this service so we have to make this rule in order to prevent any possible damage or harmful to our guests.
I also informed our restaurant staffs for your feedback on our breakfast and enjoined them for the warm milk serving point.
Last one, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have from our regulation or from other guests in hotel. If you would come to stay with us again, please inform me or my staffs for anything that could ruin you peaceful stay. We will make it fixed and provide you a good service and stay with our best. Thank you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Le Patta 3 nights,staff are wonderful friendly & helpfully, rooms are very clean, even though on a busy street you hear no traffic noise, location within easy walking distance to cafés, markets, clock tower,bus station, breakfast was good with enough variety, there are push bikes available, they have a courtesy car for airport & bus station.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michele C
Dear Michele C,
Many thanks to your gorgeous feedback here, we are so happy to hear it. I'd just noticed that this could be your first review on tripadvisor on this account, so that double our gratitude. I would like to say 'thank you' again and hope to see you again soon.

bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel, and very pleased for many reasons:
1)Centrally located, close to Saturday night walking street, night bazaar, bus station
(bus service to Chiang Mai and several other places), clock tower, fruit market, vegetarian restaurant nearby as well. All within 5-10 mins walk
2)If booked directly, thro the hotel website, they offer complimentary pick-up and drop to
airport and bus station.
3) Rooms are clean and neat, with pleasing décor.
4)Even through the hotel is located on a busy road, it was very quiet, happily for me , since
I am light sleeper .
5)The staff are very helpful, with any questions and requests, the guests may have. A big Thank
you esp. to Ms.Sudarat, who answered all my emails very patiently.
6)Breakfast is included, to energize and kick start your day for travelling, since most of Chiang
Rai's sights require commuting out of the city.

It rained quite heavily on both days when we were there.
Because of the summer storm , there was no electricity for about an hour, but the hard working staff were very quick to place candles and lanterns in the common and garden areas. Umbrellas are available for borrowing,in case you forgot to get your own-thoughtful idea .
If I come back to Chiang Rai, I am sure Le patta, will be my first choice.

Room Tip: We had a room , with a view of the pool, with a small balcony, I think all rooms do.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank kayurabng
pcharnchai, General Manager at Le Patta, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear kayurabng,
Thank you and thank you for this review with excellent details. We are so glad that you enjoy your stay here even though the weather was not quite normal during that time (A few day later, everyday is full with sunshine until now). I'm really wish you would return to our home again and enjoy our pool and atmosphere in the sunny day. My team including Ms.Sudarat would like to thank you and see you again soon.