“No "khaosoi"!”

Dining options: Reservations
Bangkok, Thailand
“No "khaosoi"!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The most famous northern Thai dish is probably the "khaosoi" northern style chicken curry in noodles. The roots of this dish ome from Burma.
We asked our driver to place to have this dish and he brought us here! And no khaosoy! We almost left as this was our last chance to have the dish but we saw so many happy diners we decided to stay. And I'm glad we did. Everything was very good. The to yum soup was a ten! Exactly as I requested it moderate chil and clear soup. The kang hang lay (northern pork curry) was one the best I've ever had! Nice setting on the river, slightly crowded. Good efficient service and very friendly pricing for a nice Thai restaurant.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kovit S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

A great Thai lunch for a very good price. The restaurant has nice views to the river and is very advisable if you are not looking for luxury but good food and a comfortable place

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Maite120570
Sacramento
“Great restaurant and views near the Le Meriden”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We arrived at the Le Meridien Chiang Mai late on a Sunday night. We walked 5 minutes to the right of the hotel and found this little gem of a restaurant. There weren't many places open at 9pm, but glad this one was. We were given a table over looking the river.

The servers spoke very little English, except one waitress and the manager. They were very helpful. We ordered 3 dishes - rice vermicelli, cashew chicken and a chicken green curry dish. All were amazing! I wanted it extra spicy without onions (most places don't remember, but they did), the dishes came a little spicy, but I could handle more. They served our dish with extra thai spice on the side, using the spices did the trick. The service was impeccable, anytime we reached for our beer bottle, someone would come by a pour it for us. They constantly checked in on us to make sure we had everything we needed. 3 dishes for 2 people was way too much, they kindly packaged up our dinner for us. I ate the leftovers the next day and they were just as good!

The prices were good, menu was in English, views are amazing and the service was excellent!
Bill breakdown:
Rice - 40bht for 2
Ice - 20Bht
Large Tiger beer - 79bht
3 dishes - 360bht
Jug of Leo beer - 89bht
Total - 585 and we tipped extra 100. Well worth it!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank OliveOylSLO
“Good local northern Thai option”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a convenient five minute walk from the Le Meridien lobby and we were looking forward to an authentic local experience which I'd say we had.
I should first comment on a previous reviewer's statement about different prices for foreigners. I don't think this is true. There is a gentlemen who helped us there (I'm assuming a manager) who spoke great English and I actually asked him about this. Yes they do have two separate menus but he said there's no price difference and he actually offered to show me the local menu so I could compare. I believe him. They seemed a bit perturbed by the earlier review but decided not to respond to it - they reckon that tourists account for a small minority of their business anyway.
Service was quite good once he started helping us, and he was a great help with selecting dishes our son with allergies could eat. Food was good to great depending on the dish.
I did find the portions on the smaller side compared to many other local places I've eaten at.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank sfryyz
Hong Kong
“Cheap and Cheerful”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Food was good but nothing spectacular. English menus and pictures were helpful and the staff was really attentive. Food came quick and was quite tasty.

Visited May 2014