“Exactly how it should be done”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chiang Rai ATV

Chiang Rai ATV
More attraction details
Owner description: Your adventure begins at an unspoiled Mien/Yao Hill-Tribe we have 2 tours available, Half-Day & Full-Day. We have something for young & old, single travelers, honeymooners, families, in fact everyone! Both our tours have a stunning swimming/diving waterfall as the destination (towels supplied). The All-Day tour also goes to Haunted Fishing Lake and includes complimentary lunch. Our tours take in forests, safe mountain ridges, hidden valleys and are mostly off-road. There is a 10 minute trek through the jungle on both tours, as long as you can walk up/down hill for 10 minutes, you will be fine, it's nothing too strenuous. For more details check our website. We normally collect from your hotel twice a day, and in the low-season often at a time to suit you, so why not give us a go? We're not rated so highly for no reason! We are both Eco friendly and philanthropic, our primary aim is to improve the lives of our Hill Tribe and by being a customer you are helping us to help them.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Exactly how it should be done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked this on the strength of the reviews here alone. Our teenagers had poured over the reviews, website and their promotional video and really looking forward to it.

We (mum and dad) less so, but we were incredibly surprised. It's all been said before in the other reviews, but to recap. Sing our guide for the Waterfall session we booked was charming and spoke perfect English. We had the trip to ourselves with Sing in a vehicle up front, our two teens in one each next, we then followed in a car each and the mechanic bringing a spare up the back (sorry, forgot his name, he doesn't speak English). This worked great for us, particularly on the way back where our kids were allowed to lead and set the pace and we had a leisurely drive arriving back at the architecturally stunning HQ some 10 minutes later than the kids. Waterfall was amazing, great service, fantastic to see the farmers working in their fields and waving to us. We felt more like family than customers. Bruce oversees the whole thing and it's clear they all work as a team to make this day out not just great, but five star luxury all the way. Best day in Thailand so far.

Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear alick, thank you very much for your kind review. We're all very pleased that everyone enjoyed it and we certainly enjoyed having you all here. We hope you will return again another time.

• Thai first
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great afternoon in the countryside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and went with the ATV tour as it ranked number 1. I really wanted to give my 8 year old son a day out to remember and do something really exciting with him. Happy to say both he and I really did enjoy driving through the hills outside Chiang Rai and going to the waterfall for a swim. Our guide, Sing, was very friendly and we had an excellent afternoon out. My son particularly enjoyed driving the ATV himseld on the village football field. It was also great to have a swim and a shower at the end of the day. All in all, really good fun.

1 Thank Iain M
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Iain, Thank you for your very kind review and especially for the photos you posted. We enjoyed having yourself and your son every bit as much as you both enjoyed your time with us. I hope we see you again soon.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is Wow with a capital W. Sing is a charming guide, the countryside is stunning, the service is first rate. These people understand customer expectation and go one step beyond. We were fortunate it wasn't raining but we still got dirty, bring a change of clothing.

If you like beautiful scenery that is far off the tourist trodden path this is for you. There was some kind of celebration going on in the local hill tribe and it was wonderful to get some photos of them in their traditional outfits.

The waterfall was really gushing but we still managed a swim in an enormous natural pool at it's base.

Highly reccomended.

1 Thank Alan A
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you Alan for your kind review. We are very glad you had a great time. I am sorry I wasn't there to meet you, but I am very pleased you were looked after to the standard I would expect. Come again soon.
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great experience minus one thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My boyfriend wanted to try out ATVing and I was happy we did! At first, I was unsure about driving an ATV myself but the guide (Sing) convinced me to try it out on the field before saying no! Thankfully, I did and decided to drive one myself. It was so much fun and I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my blood!
The only downfall for both my boyfriend and I found to this was, one of our guides named Steve. He talked about his personal life to my boyfriend (regarding Thai women) and made me feel uncomfortable.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Melissa S
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi Melissa, I am really glad you had a great day with us and took that leap of faith to try out one of our buggies and drive it yourself. Equally, I am sorry there was one thing not right for you. January is a long time ago now and I can't even remember most of what happened last week! We only have one guide and he is called Sing. I suspect Steve was a customer, though I did have friends in January staying with me and one of them may fit your description. My friend does have a heart of gold but lacks any apparent connection between his brain and mouth, a condition usually only apparent in most of us after large quantities of alcohol. It's amazing when you retire to Thailand, how many of your old friends suddenly want to come and stay with you! In the high season (January) especially, we do often have mixed groups going out together with Sing our guide at the front (or my 10 year old daughter who actually owns the business) and Sing's brother San, our mechanic at the back. Usually, mixed groups are unknown to each other and it adds to the fun and very often they go out for dinner together afterwards as new friends. But occasionally, we might get an incompatible mix, we are very family friendly, not everybody likes children for example. We try to spot it and "manage" the social dynamics, putting children in lead vehicles for example, but it's not always possible to get it right. I am sorry you had someone on the tour who made you feel uncomfortable, he sounds more like a Pattaya tourist than a Chiang Rai tourist. Thankfully, we don't get many of them, there is nothing for them in Chiang Rai, and I hope that never changes!
Munich, Germany
“ATV excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We drove up to Chiang Rai ATV to try out their waterfall excursion with the ATV’s.
Great experience: the owner took care of things personally, his 2 guides were professional and spoke English, and the owner’s house is very interesting architecturally.
We were offered a drink after the tour and shown around the property which is on top of a hill with great views.
Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Christian F
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you Christian. It's always nice to have people living in Chiang Rai come on our tours as it's a great testament to our local reputation. You're very welcome and we enjoyed having you.