“Stunning”
Review of Chiang Rai ATV

Chiang Rai ATV
More attraction details
Owner description: Your adventure begins at an unspoiled Mien/Yao Hill-Tribe we have 2 tours available, Half-Day & Full-Day. We have something for young & old, single travelers, honeymooners, families, in fact everyone! Both our tours have a stunning swimming/diving waterfall as the destination (towels supplied). The All-Day tour also goes to Haunted Fishing Lake and includes complimentary lunch. Our tours take in forests, safe mountain ridges, hidden valleys and are mostly off-road. There is a 10 minute trek through the jungle on both tours, as long as you can walk up/down hill for 10 minutes, you will be fine, it's nothing too strenuous. For more details check our website. We normally collect from your hotel twice a day, and in the low-season often at a time to suit you, so why not give us a go? We're not rated so highly for no reason! We are both Eco friendly and philanthropic, our primary aim is to improve the lives of our Hill Tribe and by being a customer you are helping us to help them.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Stunning”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is Wow with a capital W. Sing is a charming guide, the countryside is stunning, the service is first rate. These people understand customer expectation and go one step beyond. We were fortunate it wasn't raining but we still got dirty, bring a change of clothing.

If you like beautiful scenery that is far off the tourist trodden path this is for you. There was some kind of celebration going on in the local hill tribe and it was wonderful to get some photos of them in their traditional outfits.

The waterfall was really gushing but we still managed a swim in an enormous natural pool at it's base.

Highly reccomended.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Alan A
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you Alan for your kind review. We are very glad you had a great time. I am sorry I wasn't there to meet you, but I am very pleased you were looked after to the standard I would expect. Come again soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great experience minus one thing”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My boyfriend wanted to try out ATVing and I was happy we did! At first, I was unsure about driving an ATV myself but the guide (Sing) convinced me to try it out on the field before saying no! Thankfully, I did and decided to drive one myself. It was so much fun and I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my blood!
The only downfall for both my boyfriend and I found to this was, one of our guides named Steve. He talked about his personal life to my boyfriend (regarding Thai women) and made me feel uncomfortable.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Melissa S
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi Melissa, I am really glad you had a great day with us and took that leap of faith to try out one of our buggies and drive it yourself. Equally, I am sorry there was one thing not right for you. January is a long time ago now and I can't even remember most of what happened last week! We only have one guide and he is called Sing. I suspect Steve was a customer, though I did have friends in January staying with me and one of them may fit your description. My friend does have a heart of gold but lacks any apparent connection between his brain and mouth, a condition usually only apparent in most of us after large quantities of alcohol. It's amazing when you retire to Thailand, how many of your old friends suddenly want to come and stay with you! In the high season (January) especially, we do often have mixed groups going out together with Sing our guide at the front (or my 10 year old daughter who actually owns the business) and Sing's brother San, our mechanic at the back. Usually, mixed groups are unknown to each other and it adds to the fun and very often they go out for dinner together afterwards as new friends. But occasionally, we might get an incompatible mix, we are very family friendly, not everybody likes children for example. We try to spot it and "manage" the social dynamics, putting children in lead vehicles for example, but it's not always possible to get it right. I am sorry you had someone on the tour who made you feel uncomfortable, he sounds more like a Pattaya tourist than a Chiang Rai tourist. Thankfully, we don't get many of them, there is nothing for them in Chiang Rai, and I hope that never changes!
Munich, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“ATV excursion”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We drove up to Chiang Rai ATV to try out their waterfall excursion with the ATV’s.
Great experience: the owner took care of things personally, his 2 guides were professional and spoke English, and the owner’s house is very interesting architecturally.
We were offered a drink after the tour and shown around the property which is on top of a hill with great views.
Highly recommended!

1 Thank Christian F
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you Christian. It's always nice to have people living in Chiang Rai come on our tours as it's a great testament to our local reputation. You're very welcome and we enjoyed having you.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing experience with breathtaking views”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Family had the best day ever, didn't matter that it rained on and off it just added to the fun Bruce and his team made everyone feel special and looked after and the scenery was wonderful

2 Thank mandy m
Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hi Mandy, it was great to meet your lovely family. We sure got them dirty, when they set off it was dry but the last 30 minutes or so, it rained cats and dogs! I really enjoyed chatting with your husband, one of life's gentlemen and he certainly has a way with dogs. Our little Shih-Tzu was smitten with him. Come again next time, and you and I can just relax at the house drinking something appropriate with me ;-) and watch them from the top of the mountain.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family fun”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

All said before, these people really do make you feel special and it's luxury all the way. Special thanks to Sing and San our guides. This should really be called Chiang Rai UTV because they don't use ATV quads which makes it infinitely safer and suitable for all ages. We were told to bring a change of clothes, swimming costumes, sunscreen and mossie repellent. We didn't see any sun or mossies! but we did see lots of mud, go fast and get dirty or slow and stay clean we were told, 3 guesses what we did. Highlight of the trip for the kids was getting to drive on the village green. Highlight for mum & dad was the drive though the valleys and on the mountain ridges. Fantastic, safe day out.

Bruce J, Investor at Chiang Rai ATV, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi Griff, we are really pleased you had a great time, "down and dirty" like the other ATV companies is not the market we aim for and most of our customers are families or couples. I sometimes ride the trails on my motorbike just to enjoy the scenery, we are really lucky to be located at the last unspoilt hill tribe village in the National Park with such accomodating Park Rangers. We hope you will come again next time and see us.