“Great food for a great cause”

Destiny Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 294 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Thai, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Destiny Cafe & Restaurant is an ambient dining experience in the heart of Chiang Rai, Thailand. Beautiful decor, indoor and outdoor settings, open Monday through Friday 7:30am-9pm and Saturday from to 7:30am-9.30pm. Extensive, quality Thai and Western menu. Exceptional coffee for those who crave a quality cup of bean! Thai and western staff with big smiles on their faces, Destiny Cafe & Restaurant aims to draw in the weary traveler and the local customer. We look forward to your presence and hope to leave you with an awesome food & coffee memory!
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had the privilege of eating at the cafe many times while staying in Chiang Rai. The atmosphere is beautiful, the staff are lovely, and the food is great. I would love to visit again sometime in the future. Well done Destiny Cafe!

There are newer reviews for Destiny Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great variety of food, well prepared and presented. The loveliest staff you could ever come across. The Chocolate Brownie was absolutely delicious. The smoothies and milkshakes catered to a number of tastes and were also delicious.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place is amazing! I'm a Melbourne coffee snob and I enjoyed every single drink I had here. Was so impressed that they had flat whites, which weren't weak, but tasted so good (my only worry was that the milk was heated a little more than the usual 65 degrees that I like it at)... I've only ever loved coffees from two places in Thailand, and I LOVED THE COFFEES HERE! The soy chai latte there was so yummy, and their mango smoothie was the best I've had anywhere! The pineapple/coconut smoothie was so good too... Like a piña colada but kid friendly. Every single cake I tried was good, but the carrot cake was amazing!!!!
The food off the menu was pretty good too. I'm a vegetarian and so my choices were some what limited, but they made me special vegetarian fried rice (soooo good) and also the roast vegetable miso salad was healthy and delicious, and something different from the usual Thai vegetarian dishes.

However the best part of this cafe was the girls who work there. This is a training cafe so I was expecting some mistakes/language confusion, but there was never an issue. They accommodated my needs so well and never once stuffed up an order. If you expect 5 star western service, you're not going to get it but you will get looked after with a smile and I would say the service is some of the best i had experienced in South East Asia. If you hear the stories of what the girls here have been saved from and see the happiness and joy in their faces this place will probably become your favourite in Thailand.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

A very welcoming cafe in an ambient setting. The chicken curry was a favorite. Iced tea was very refreshing, but if you don't like a sweet tea, ask for "no sugar". For dessert I could not go past the Chocolate Brownie, warmed and served with cream, nothing short of amazing. Destiny Rescue an amazing cause which is providing skills to girls enabling them to create a new beginning. It was great to support the cafe.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We picked this restaurant for our lunch spot based on Tripadvisor reviews. Having somewhat hight expectations, I have to say that we were quite a bit let down by the food. My Tom Yum Gai soup was way too sour and even though I requested it spicy, it was not spicy at all. My wife had a veggie wrap, which was quite huge but not particularly tasty. The smoothies, however, were quite decent. We've had way better food in Chiang Rai on several other places. The service was ok.

1  Thank Sadetutka