This was our fifth stay since 1998; see also my review of my previous stay in 2011. We booked a standard “superior” room, including breakfast buffet directly at the Dusit website for 2975bt/night.
Hotel is located on its own island in the Khok-river, 2km from night market and central bus station … if you are fit enough this will be no problem to walk this short distance, but there are plenty of taxis and tuktuks throughout the city or you can take the shuttle service of the hotel (not for free : 60bt/pp one way). Our room was spacious (9,2x3,8m = 35m², including bathroom), carpeted, comfortable, very clean, and quiet at night, with perfect view on the Khok river. Excellent bed. Good and silent airco, TV, fridge. Large bathroom with separate bath and shower, all amenities, adequate and clean. Wifi available and finally for free ! Waterkettle and coffee provided.
You can take a huge breakfast buffet inside or outside on the riverbank. During the day you can relax near the giant swimming pool (ocean-like) and enjoy the view on the mountains, most of the time you will be alone. Sauna, fitness room, tenniscourts, super-large garden.
In the past we have stayed in 5 other 3* and 4*-hotels in Chiang Rai, but Dusit Island resort is by far our favourite. Persistent maintenance, day in day out, makes this hotel still one of the best hotels in Chang rai … even after 20 years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai is Situated on an Island in the Mae Kok River that flows through central Chiang Rai, Thailand's northernmost province. Located next to Chiang Rai Town and less than 45 minutes from the Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet, Dusit Island Resort provides a gateway to explore the varied sights and sounds of the northern region. With easy access to the mountains, forests, rivers, ancient temples and colourful hilltribes, many of the region's major attractions are within a day's journey from the resort.The hotel's decor and furnishings also reflect the diversity of norhtern Thai styles. For special functions, guests can enjoy traditional dining on the floor while leaning against multi-coloured triangular cushions. The Mae Kok River provides a spectacular natural backdrop visible from all the guest rooms, as well from the rooftop restaurant, The Peak. Primarily a resort hotel, the Dusit Island Resort is also fully equipped to host business meetings, seminars and a variety of social functions.Whether travelling on business or for pleasure, no trip to northern Thailand would be complete without a stay at Dusit Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel Wiang
- Dusit Island Hotel Chiang Rai
- Dusit Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Dusit