I booked a Landmark Suite for 5 nights using an online travel website and I got a really good deal. The rate included breakfast and Wi-Fi in my suite and throughout the hotel's huge complex.
The property is beautiful, sitting on a small island in the Mae Kok river. There is a humongous pool and a well-equipped fitness facility on the grounds, as well as a couple of tennis courts.
The hotel has 5 restaurants, 3 of which I tried (Chinatown, Larn Tong and The Peak) and the food was excellent! The Peak Steakhouse, located on the top floor of the building with gorgeous panoramic sweeping views of the mountains and Chiang Rai Pagoda, had reasonable prices and a good selection of wine (in Chiang Rai terms) with terrific service. The Lobby Lounge bar had a good selection of single malt Scotch whiskies and the bar-tenders made great cocktails. There was a singer and piano player entertaining every evening. Breakfast was an enormous spread of many different dishes and was tasty and fresh every morning.
My Landmark Suite was roomy, very well appointed, comfortable and clean, with a bath-tub and shower and some good amenities. It had a safe, a nice couch and coffee table in the sitting room and large windows. It had a huge balcony with a small table, two chairs and a stunning, unobstructed view of the Mae Kok River.
It’s a 10 minute tuk-tuk ride to the Night Bazaar / Bar area from the hotel, and 15 minutes to Central Plaza Chiang Rai. You can hire a private car to and from the Night Bazaar or Central Plaza for 300 Baht.
I’d definitely recommend this hotel to my fellow travelers and I look forward to returning to this hotel in October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai is Situated on an Island in the Mae Kok River that flows through central Chiang Rai, Thailand's northernmost province. Located next to Chiang Rai Town and less than 45 minutes from the Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos meet, Dusit Island Resort provides a gateway to explore the varied sights and sounds of the northern region. With easy access to the mountains, forests, rivers, ancient temples and colourful hilltribes, many of the region's major attractions are within a day's journey from the resort.The hotel's decor and furnishings also reflect the diversity of norhtern Thai styles. For special functions, guests can enjoy traditional dining on the floor while leaning against multi-coloured triangular cushions. The Mae Kok River provides a spectacular natural backdrop visible from all the guest rooms, as well from the rooftop restaurant, The Peak. Primarily a resort hotel, the Dusit Island Resort is also fully equipped to host business meetings, seminars and a variety of social functions.Whether travelling on business or for pleasure, no trip to northern Thailand would be complete without a stay at Dusit Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dusit Island Resort Chiang Rai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Island Resort, Chiang Rai Hotel Wiang
- Dusit Island Hotel Chiang Rai
- Dusit Chiang Rai
- Chiang Rai Dusit