“pure nature !!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chiang Rai
Bamboo Nest de Chiang Rai
Ranked #1 of 167 Chiang Rai B&B and Inns
Winterthur, Switzerland
“pure nature !!!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

we staid 4 nights in the bamboo nest and we really enjoyed the simple, clean and quite huts. the staff is very friendly and helpfully, it was all the time interesting to speak with them about the nature, thailand and other things. the dogs are very cute and the cats also. the food was tasty, i really liked the curry. there are some trekkings what you can do by your self and enjoy the waterfall, take a cool bath. there are also a lot of opositions to do with noi. its also a good place to stay with children. nok and noi are really peacefull and will do the best that your stay is comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Thai first
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are looking for an opportunity to get away from all the fuss that comes with being a tourist than Bamboo Nest is the ideal place to stay. Situated above the local Laiho hill tribes, you won't see any power lines out here. All of the electricity comes from solar panels. There is no internet, no TV, no cell service. I needed to check my email during our stay and was led on a three mile trek through the jungle with a machete to get to a computer! There is, however an over abundance of natural beauty and culture. The bungalows are simple but comfortable, each with there own dramatic view. The owners and their dogs are lovely and can help arrange tours and offer advice on how to fill your days. We visited the local hot springs and hiked through the jungle to swim beneath water falls. We only stayed for three nights and that seemed like the right amount of time. I felt like we had enough time to relax and take in the adventure before becoming bored. When I look back on my trip in it's entirety Bamboo Nest is easily one of the best things I did. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Montagnino
Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Many spots in Thailand aren't really as picturesque as the Lonely Planet books but this little piece of heaven on earth pretty much matches everything I imagined North East Thailand to be in my mind. Initially, I found this place on TA purely because my travel companion was bent on staying in a hut.

Situated among the hill tribes in Chiang Rai, this will give an authentic experience as to what rural living in northern Thailand is all about. The humble hut you stay at is just that. It's humble with a bed but you get hot water showers. A luxury a lot of people living among you do not have. We went during peak season and the mountain side was lush with green. Our hut overlooked a gorgeous rice paddy. In the early morning, you are awaken not by alarm clocks or your phones buzzing, but to the sound of hogs and roosters in the distance. Stepping out onto our balcony early morning, you are confronted with a gorgeous sheet of mist and fog over the rice fields. They slowly subside and you are left with an inspiring view of farmers taking their cows out to graze among the rice paddies. (Note: not all rooms are created equal but there is never a shortage on spots to take in the breath taking view before you). Among my travels, this had to have been one of the most mystical and gorgeous places I've stayed at. Nearby are waterfalls that you can hike and explore. A Lahu/Karen (I forgot which one) village is just steps away. In fact, you have to climb past their village in order to get to Bamboo Nest. You are truly submerged into their communities so be respectful and don't snap pictures like its a human zoo. If you want a guided tour through the villages, trekking can be organized. However, when they say trekking, they don't mean a hike. They mean trek and you might have to do some active climbing and ducking to get to some remote regions. It was truly enjoyable and I've seen things that you would never be able to get out of a gimmicky tour. Our trek guide Pong was absolutely great. He was very handy with his machete and made us all bamboo walking sticks as he showed us the versatility of bamboo. We also were able to take a boat trip down the river during our half day trek. It was pretty memorable and incredible.

Nok and Noi run the show. You can email Nok with questions and reservations but they are very busy so it might take a while for her to reply back. Also the place is run on solar power and no wifi access. So she has to go to town to respond back to your emails. Calling her might be the best but be patient as they are provided amazing service to their guests. Literally, from day to night, they organize the logistics, arrange transportation for your pick up, they cook you breakfast, lunch, and dinner (be patient that dinner isn't on time-they have to book for a bunch of guests). Noi is an incredible cook and it was one really one of the best home cooked meals I had in Thailand. They are both accommodating and all around good people. Also they speak English pretty well. They go above and beyond. Major hotels have a lot to learn from these two in the art of hospitality. For example, I was really stressed out about getting tickets to Chiang Mai. There is virtually no reliable information on buses or trains. I voiced my concerns and she volunteered to help me get tickets and calmed my nerves. Also we had a very early bike tour in Chiang Rai town the next day, she arranged Noi to drive an hour back into town at the crack of dawn. It was so incredible! Along the way, Noi gave us a brief guided tour along the drive and made short stops to pick us up tamarinds from the tamarind trees. I'm speechless at how grateful I am for these two. They made me fall in love with Northern Thailand and I'm looking forward to my return.

Some logistics to keep in mind: there is no wifi, phone service. So tech-minded folks, be mindful of that. Think if it as camping on the mountain side with a breath taking views. They also have an awesome fire pit for toasting sweet yams (this completely trumps roasting marshmallows). Some rooms have toilets, some rooms may have squatting holes. This is not a resort so be forewarned. However, if you can tough it out, this is will be one of the most unforgettable stays that you've ever had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Beijing, China
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This guesthouse is way out of town with little to do but hike and relax. If you are looking for nice views with no wifi, distractions or much else, its a good choice.

Bathrooms were very basic. Our bungalow had a shower, toliet and sink but heard that another bungalow didn't have a sink.

Bungalow room was also very basic. Bed was comfortable enough. Stayed in the 3 person bungalow, which didn't have a view or a hammock.

Owners will give you tips on what to do around the resort, but the hike they say to do over 2 days took less than a full day (we left around 10 am, got back around 3). Hike was ok, but nothing great.

Service is very slow since they are cooking for everyone at the same time, but meals tasted good. Dinner was ordered at 6 but wasn't delievered until 8. This gave us plenty of time to get to know the other guests. We had playing cards, which I'd recommend bringing (or a book and flashlight).

Drive up is a bit scary, having them pick you up is a good idea.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the 3 person bungalow - there is no view or hammock.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank liveinchina
Hobart
Reviewed March 7, 2013

If you want to experience a taste of the rural life close to the hill-tribe communities of NE Thailand with the luxury of a hot shower and excellent home-cooked meals, this is the place to go. There are tranquil views over rice fields to distance mountains from the cluster of bamboo huts that make up Bamboo Nest. Great walks through forests, rice fields, hill-tribe villages and tea plantations to waterfalls, hot springs and the Mae Kok river. Nok and Noi work hard to make this a comfortable yet authentic experience for travellers. The communal eating area makes it easy to meet and chat with fellow travellers. Nok is an excellent cook and like many before me I highly recommend the yellow chicken curry in particular. As it is literally run as a two-person show with a little help from local hill tribes people, the service may be slow for some and virtually non-existent when they are both away (Nok does the twice daily drop-offs/pick-ups from Chiang Rai and Noi guides) so don't expect too much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JDHHobart
Mungyeong, South Korea
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nok and Noi are outstanding people and work really hard to keep Bamboo Nest running. They are friendly and hospitable, they cook the most amazing food and they are very approachable people. We stayed two nights at Bamboo Nest in February 2013 and I would honestly say it was one of the best parts of my travels. The scenery alone is majestic. The beds were comfy and there is something about staying in a Bamboo house that is most enjoyable. Peaceful surroundings and relaxation go hand in hand here.

We walked to the waterfall and even visited a tribe at the bottom of the hill who were celebrating New Years.

One of my favorite parts of Thailand!

You will love your stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jurgi D
Reviewed February 27, 2013

nook came and picked us up in her nice airconditioned 4wd,that alone was great to get out of the heat. when we arrived to bamboo nest we lost our breat. the vies were something u find on a postcard and better. the rooms are very well done,compfortable, clean and views. nook and nois english was exceptional. as for the food no words can describe how good it was the very least the best food i have had in thailand simply delicious. very fresh,tasty and very filling. this place is definatly a great find well worth going there. i know we will be going back. nook has a lot of knowledge about her tours. im going to recomend this place to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013