Comments on Tripadvisor are most of them very true about this place (even about teh 4x4 drive :).
Noi and Nok are very nice hosts, very busy to run the place.
The Bamboo huts are simple but well designed, clean, pleasant, quiet, with amazing scenery, and surprisingly, over the 3 night we stayed there, we did not meet any flying or crawling guest in our hut!
The rooms are not expensive, Nok and Noi probably compensate via the trips and activities costs.
1. At least 3 nights to enjoy the place.
2. Go for a whole day treck in the Jungle (no boat, no elephant) with the guide. It´s a real adventure, with swim at the waterfall and going through hill tribe villages (without traps).
3. Nok ´s GREEN CURRY is a must try! Probably the best we had in Thailand. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bam Boo Nest offers a range of simple, comfortable and uniquely styled bamboo cottages built by local craftsmen in natural locally sourced sustainable materials. Following the wisdom of the native people, each cottage has bamboo flooring, walls and thatched roof. All have private bathrooms with hot showers, comfortable beds (with mosquito nets), verandas and floor to ceiling windows to enjoy the spectacular views. ... more less