Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$13
Travelocity$13
CheapTickets$13
Tripadvisor$13
Trip.com
Orbitz.com$13
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Baan Bua homestay is a nice place to stay. The busstation and the night market are on walking distance. You can eat and have something to drink and they have a book exchange. Overall, it's a simple accommodation yet colorful, clean and the people working here are friendly.

If you want to visit the Golden Triangle. Don't book a tour, but just go to the busstation, jump in a mini van and this will drop you off at the Golden Triangle. It is very easy to do everything by yourself, no rush and..much cheaper!

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Peggy T
Reviewed January 22, 2013

A good budget choice for Chiang Rai. It's near the bus station, so very convenient if you're coming in by bus. The rooms are reasonably sized, not great, but you're not paying all that much either. It's in a quiet back street, off a quiet main street, so there's no problem with noice!

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The only good thing I can say about this accommodation is that they responded to my e-mail enquiries very efficiently.
I stayed in a room upstairs where the bathroom is across the landing. I was aware of this before booking but only from a review of T/A. The walls of the room looked like they had been made from left over bits of wood - it was like sleeping in a shed! The room was small - 2 people would really struggle. There was no TV or fridge. You can hear everything from the adjoining rooms. The sheets and towels seemed clean, but the bathroom and the floors are not. The same bits of rubbish was on the floor when I left as when I had arrived, 3 days earlier.
The only conversation I had with the staff - after being asked to pay on arrival, was to be given a folder of tours that they offer. After I said I wasn't interested in any of them, there was no further communication.
I paid 600 baht a night and based on my experience, could not recommend this homestay.

Room tip: In a different guest house.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we pre-booked this place due to great comments. Our flght time was changed and 'Pond' the Baan Bua host went to the airport twice to find us. Such a welcoming couple 'Pond and Nack (Nessy)' are. So polite, friendly and eager to please us. Travelling with our 4 children was made easy with a room set up before we arrived and our own bathroom. 'Bee' their friend and travel guide was excellent. He took us on an amazing day tour of Chiang Rai, temples and mountain tribe village. He spoke very good english and was so polite and knowledgaeble about his home town. We leave here with lovely memories. THANK YOU BAAN BUA HOMESTAY!! We Highly recommend to anyone staying in Chiang Rai.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

small room. Short hight roof. No window. Not really clean. Not helpfull owner. Not gopd wifi in room. Hair everywhere even in washed towels. Strong smell of dunk. Too floor wooden house, so if anybody walk or *** you will hear wood sound. Just two electric outlets for fridge and tv so if you need for charging your phone or camera you should unplug them. And they get all money at arrival. Altogheter with its quality is not cheep. Find another place

Date of stay: November 2012