“Great location, friendly staff, good food!”
Review of Sawaddee

Sawaddee
Ranked #219 of 309 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stumbled by this restuarant as it's a great place to sit over the night market and eat whilst doing a spot of people watching.
The staff were very friendly, the thai food was good and reasonably priced, and we went back a second time we enjoyed it so much. Would recommend.

1  Thank MattyT1974

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We found the service to be very friendly and accommodating, the food tasty and excellent value. No air conditioning but fans quite effective. Wide menu and could have chosen many dishes, in fact nearly full after soup and entree.

1  Thank greggylopez
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Reasonable food at a reasonable price with a good view of the night market. The food is as good as you'll get in that area and I liked the atmosphere.

2  Thank Coylum
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I have eaten at this restaurant at least 6 or 7 times. Although it caters to tourists, I have in the past enjoyed the lovely atmosphere sitting on the balcony above the night market. Even though I generally felt the food was moderate the service has in the past been good. So, as the Chiang Rai DE, I felt comfortabel arranging for a "meet up" with some other TA members at this restaurant.

When we arrived at 6 p.m. we were the only people in the restaurant and were warmly welcomed. However, things quickly went down hill from there.

The restaurant quickly filled up and was almost at full capacity (all tourists). The staff clearly could not handle the number of guests.

Our service was extremely poor. The food was less than moderate. I love curry so ordered it here. It was the worst curry I have ever had. When I complained to the server, he simply seemed disinterested and did nothing. The curry sauce was really nothing but a lot of grease with vegetables swimming in it. My husband ate about 1/3 of his dish, as it had no flavor.

We couldn't get refills on drinks and had to ask several times to get a check. We only got a check when I finally got up and went to the front desk and said we were leaving.

On the other hand, the company of fellow TA members was fantastic.

3  Thank Broder
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We visited during low season but, in general we thought the food was average. Actually, fairly bland for Thai food. With so many choices in the area, we would not bother to return. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was nice but, really nothing special.

3  Thank SkipG