“Diarrhia”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We had Dinner in the da Vinci and ate a Pizza and a salad . We have travelled India and Mexico, but this by far has been the worst experience foodwise ever. Did cost us two travelling days.

Plus, staff very unattentive. Not recommendable.

1  Thank Lisa H

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We visited this restaurant twice during our trip to Chiang Rai. It was a great option for some tasty pizza, lasagna, salad and other Italian cuisine. I had the buffalo mozzarella salad. It was large and fresh–with a great blend of greens. The mozzarella was fabulous. The boys had pizza and lasagna and loved it. The service was fast and friendly, and the food was good. I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for some Italian food in Chiang Rai.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The good news is, Chiang Rai has good Italian food.

The not so good news is, it's overpriced.

The breadsticks, the salad, and the French onion soup (not sure why they have French onion soup, but I ordered it) are really good.

The lasagna it's not bad and the pizza was nice with the crispy crust.

House wine is good but overpriced, houses the lasagna.

Of course, this is all relative to Thailand. In the USA, this would be an average priced meal. So… If you want italian food, and you are in Chiang Rai this is a place to go. But it won't be cheap.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We've read the reviews before us and if it were not for one person comparing the pizzas to scoozis pizzas we would not have bothered! Let's put this in perscpective..this is rural thailand...the staff may come across as unfriendly but they are massively shy and dont speak english well.. Be patient, smile and speak slowly....the food is delicious and we rate the pizzas as very close to scoozis!! The caesar salad was scrummy...ok...we westerners know ceasars with anchovies but we are in northern thailand for gods sake!! Try their take on it!! I have lived in bkk for 6 years and was extremely delighted with this version!! I absolutely would recommend and will visit again on our northern travels.

1  Thank TracyinThailand
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

A bit of a surprise to find a place like this in Chiang Rai but it serves the best Italian pizza I've had in Northern Thailand. And by that I mean you could draw a line across Bangkok and this is the best Italian pizza I've had north of it. (Long Jim in Lampang would beat it but is New York style.) You could draw that line pretty near the gulf too, this is better than most pizzas I've had in Bangkok, probably similar quality level to Scoozi.

Traditional pizzas like prosciutto are 250B which is not at all unreasonable for the quality. I've also had the chorizo one which is quite sausagey and maybe a bit full on but dead goat it is not like the previous reviewer. I intended to save a quarter for the morning but ended up eating it.

Italian style thin crust. Drinks and everything else are well overpriced but this is a good place for pizza. Very good.