“Good pizza, crabby service”
Review of Da Vinci

Da Vinci
Ranked #208 of 324 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I think this was one of the better pizzas that we have had so far in Thailand. It is a nice and clean place, and the pizza is cooked to order in their wood fire oven. The service, or lack of, was grumpy. When the waitress was done grunting at us and slapping her hand on the menu when we asked if they served wine. From then on she just glared angrily at us and eventually then ignored us. When the pizza came we had to get up and get our own condiments. I am not sure if we will go back, but if we do, we will order take out. It is a shame because, the pizza was good and would rate the restaurant higher if the service would had been acceptable.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is another little restaurant, located near the night market. It has a rather bizarre look, which is perhaps preferable to “fake exotic”. We were intrigued by the concept of a “Thai pizzeria with take-away” and since we were a bit fed up with Thai food, we decided to take a big leap of faith and go “western”.

We sat in the inside room, avoiding the air-conditioning room which was freezing cold. We ordered bruschette as a starter and they were good. I tried the pizza and it was surprisingly good. My husband had a meat dish, which was also satisfactory. Service was impeccable and price very reasonable.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were looking for something familiar this evening in February during our trip to Thailand so decided on Italian at Da Vinci’s. We started with the bread/bread sticks which were tasty that were served with a nice blend of olive oil with garlic and basil. I had the veggie lasagna and my partner had the oil and garlic pasta. The lasagna was different from any that I had had before (the mix of veggies and the sauce) but both dishes were well prepared and decent. Try the watermelon drink – an enjoyable cool taste treat.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I ate here twice. They offer seating in air condoning or in the main room where you have a nice view of the street. Good selection. Decent sized portions and good service.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

A good choice in Chaing Rai. Varied menu, tasty food, good service, ok price, great location. If I was returning to the town is come here again.