“Surprisingly good thin crust pizza.”
Review of Da Vinci

Da Vinci
Ranked #192 of 294 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised by the pizza. Above average for Southeast Asia, with good toppings an a nice, thin crispy crust.

There are newer reviews for Da Vinci

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Second time at Davinci; first time was quite good, but our order was simple. This time, ugh! The bread-stale, the red wine-vinegary, but worse by far, the pizza tropicale-not spicy (like the menu suggested) and quite frankly rank smelling. Eat here at your own risk!

1  Thank canadianinsingapore
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family went there twice. It was that good ! The pizza taste legit--just like real Italian pizza that is hard to get in our places.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My family and I went to this restaurant on Friday Dec 7, 2012. The service was so so bad. We ordered mix cheeses, it taste like old cheese. And other 5-6 dishes was tasteless. Probably the waitress thought we are Thai and don't know how Italian food taste but sorry I just got back from USA and I know how the food suppose to taste like. I would like to suggest "Never ever go to Da Vinci!!!"

2  Thank Nana K
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went here on our last day in Chiang Mai since it was a Thai holiday and a lot of the places we were interested in checking out were closed. We were ready for a break of Thai food and decided to check it out based on reviews here as well as in the Lonely Planet travel book.

We got the bruschetta appetizer and a pizza. The appetizer was decent by Italian food in Thailand standards. The bread was just okay, but the olive oil was good and it was loaded with delicious garlic and fresh basil.

We got a pizza with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, fresh rocket, and they added mushrooms per our request. No complaints about the pizza and the crust was some of the best I've had in Thailand.

The beer selection was impressive and the prices were completely reasonable. Beers ranged between BHT200-300. Definitely not Bangkok prices!

If you need a break from Thai food, or not, I would definitely recommend this place, even if it's just for a drink and a snack.