“good enough for the royals good enough for me”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Phu Lae Restaurant

Phu Lae Restaurant
Ranked #133 of 270 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Northern Thai food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“good enough for the royals good enough for me”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

i asked my Thai brother in law to take us somewhere clean, modern and with good food.

Phu Lae was where he took us. the restaurant is famous in Chiang Rai for its good food and sure enough there are many photos of celebs and an esteemed visit from the Princess of Thailand to prove it.
Restaurant was indeed very clean and modern and the freshness and quality of food was superb.

Cost for 6 adults (7 x dishes and 6 x non Alcoholic cocktail drinks) was 1400bt. Not bad at 240bt per head considering the quantity and quality of food.

• Visited April 2014

• Thai first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Good northern Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Three of us went here on a weekday evening. Though the tables were not all occupied initially, the place filled up quite rapidly and became quite busy. Lots of locals and many young folk.

The food served was hot and delicious. Portion sizes were generous. The staff were helpful and when we were struggling with the language, they got another person who understood our English!

They will serve you red wine in glasses. But white wine, for some reason can be had only by the bottle. We had their red wine and it was very good! Beers and spirits are available too.

Service was very quick. And service charge was not automatically added! All very impressive.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Imliooper
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Cafe-like”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The layout of the restaurant was quite unwelcoming and resembled a cheap cafe. The food was average and there were no vegetarian options on the menu.

• Visited February 2014
Bali
“Very Good Quality northern Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

5 of us had a fir day lunch at this restaurant and were blown away by the quality/quantity of food and its not expensive. The thai salad and prawn dish was very tasteful. The dumplings and the fired minced pork was also good.

• Visited January 2014
Cologne
“It could have been better...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

One my first evening I tried this restaurant after a long walk around because I forgot my map and google maps send me the wrong way... It was sunday night and quite busy. It was not that easy to order because staff who served my table did not spoke english and did not understand what I wanted to order from the english menu but at least we made it somehow. I had chicken with cashews which unfortunately was a bit too oily but it was eatable. I am not sure if i would really would recommend this place somewhere has to be better food in chiang rai.