“Best Italian we ever had”

Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort
Ranked #4 of 309 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: WOOD FIRED FROM THE HEART FAVOLA, a specialty Italian restaurant by the Kok River, is the ultimate riverside dining destination in Chiang Rai for the "lazy gourmet" in a contemporary country scene, with breathtaking views of the Kok River and surrounding Mountains either day or evening. The cuisine in Favola is more of a journey rather than a meal period reflecting its name which means "fable or story" in English, where simplistic Italian flavours are presented from our signature wood fired oven and char-grill along with an array other Authentic Italian favourites.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This restaurant is absolutely fantastic! We had dinner there twice and it was the best food and service that we've had in a very long time. I would not eat anywhere else in Chiang Rai. I highly recommend this fantastic restaurant.

1  Thank Krugerfam
Scott F, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Krugerfam,

Thankyou so much for these very kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your dinners with us.

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our Resort... and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Chiang Rai again soon.

Scott Freund
Executive Chef

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Favola was certainly the highlight of our stay at Le Meridien. We were positively surprised by the good service, the food quality / presentation and the atmosphere. Prices were very reasonable, especially for pasta dishes making this a great place to take the kids. Also worth mentioning is the heavenly bread. My desert, a panetone bread pudding, was divine as well.

Two areas for improvement: My older daughter had ordered a Tiramisu. The cake was very good, but it was swimming in a 5cm thick pool of heavy Mascarpone sauce. Definitely too much. Also, the electronic salt and pepper mills are not very effective and they make a very disturbing noise. So one does not dare using them as all other guest will stare at you.

This review only covers the restaurant and not the pool bar connected to it.

1  Thank faranghusband
Scott F, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear faranghusband,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are all very happy to hear you enjoyed the service and food at Favola. It is a wonderful place for families to connect.

Thank you for your comments regarding the Tiramisu and the electronic salt and pepper mills. I will review this further with the team.

Thank you again for your kind feedback. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Favola.

Scott Freund
Executive Chef

Reviewed July 11, 2013

One of the most authentic 5 * italian restaurant I ever patronised. Supelicious food and 6* service, whatmore can one ask for more?
Must try the signature ' La Favola' salad. Heavenly yummy. Ask the staff for recommendations. I stay here forn2 nights, dine here both nights and they never dissapoints.
I am a member of their loyalty program - Eat Drink and more Club and everything I had,plus my alcohols of choice is all35% off. Great deal.

1  Thank Desmond C
Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Desmond C,

Thank you very much for this fantastic feedback about Favola, the Italian venue of Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.
I am so proud and thrilled to read your comments which I've shared with my team.
We do our utmost, everyday, to deliver our guests with the best food, service and experience possible and your comments are the best thing we can have from our guests.

Thanks again and warm regards.

Come back again!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Favela Italian Restaurant was for us a romantic spot for a glass of wine when the pale sun washed over the Kok River and covered the garden around us. The outdoor and indoor seating areas offered beautiful setting for dining for any clear evening. We normally made use of the relax hotel policy by requesting a pre-dinner table outside next to the river and dinner table inside after dark. For hotel guest, the restaurant waived the corkage charge for BYO wine which made the evening very affordable. The Italian cuisine was very good even though it may be slightly limited in selection. On all our stay at the hotel, we always made a point of spending a pre-sunset cocktail in the terrace and dinner in Favola Restaurant.

1  Thank Charn P

Dear Char P,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review on our page about Favola, the Italian restaurant of Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.

I'm glad you enjoyed the setting and location of our restaurant as well as our food and service.
It is true, Favola offers a unique atmosphere for our guests and I am thrilled you enjoyed your evenings with us.

I do not think our menu is limited but I'd be happy to have my team cooking something special especially for you whenever you return. We do have specials - both food and cocktails - of the day as well for our guests discovery.

Again, thank you very much and I look forward to having the pleasure to host you again in a near future.

Receive my very best regards,

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant, right on the river. The menu is primarily Italian, but with lots of other good choices. Very attentive service. While prices were higher than local Chiang Mai restaurants, we thought it offered very good value and more reasonable than often found in luxury hotel properties.

1  Thank VLR1
Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear VLR1,

First of all, thank you for your great review, really, about the Italian restaurant of Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, Favola.
I'm thrilled to share your comments with the whole team!
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming soon again.
Warm regards,