“Nice View, Food is Fine + Friendly Staff”

Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort
Ranked #7 of 280 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: WOOD FIRED FROM THE HEART FAVOLA, a specialty Italian restaurant by the Kok River, is the ultimate riverside dining destination in Chiang Rai for the "lazy gourmet" in a contemporary country scene, with breathtaking views of the Kok River and surrounding Mountains either day or evening. The cuisine in Favola is more of a journey rather than a meal period reflecting its name which means "fable or story" in English, where simplistic Italian flavours are presented from our signature wood fired oven and char-grill along with an array other Authentic Italian favourites.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice View, Food is Fine + Friendly Staff”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Favola in chiang rai is located in excellence location where near the Kog river, we can see the exclusive view in front of the resturant.

however the chair that we take is outside is a little bit too hard to sit so we ask the staff for the sponge.

The food was fine, we order the ossobuco but we got prawn instead because it wasn't avaible
the seafood risotto is too hard so we only eat the seafood.

House wine is ok nothing much special

Dessert is also many items is not avaliable

Staff was extramly helpful and friendly

• Visited January 2013
Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Papungkron N,

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us and visiting Favola at Le Merdien Chiang Rai Resort. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
I'm glad you enjoyed the location and sorry if a cushion was missing on your chair, I'm happy to know the associates could fix this problem.
Please accept my apologies if the ossobuco wasn't available at that time, I hope your enjoyed the prawns you've ordered instead.
Sorry as well if the risotto wasn't as expected. My team is always at your service should you need us to improve or re-do anything. Next time, please do not hesitate to mention it while having dinner in order for us to fix it right away and for you to have a great experience.
The wine selection by the glass features 4 white wines by the glass from 4 different countries and 4 different red wines from 4 different countried for everybody to find their favorite grappe.
It seems we were quite inconsistent during your visit as few desserts were missing as well... Really sorry.
I've checked and briefed my team to make sure we do not run out of anything and we all look forward to welcoming you soon again for a great dinning experience.

Warm regards,

Director of Food & Beverage

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Minneapolis, MN
“Very slow service, average food”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Like many of the posters here, we needed a one night break from Thai food. It was New Years weekend and I think they were simply short staffed - it took us 3 hours to get and eat a 2 course meal. Food was a nice break from Thai food but for people who like good Italian food, it was only aveage by Italian standards.

Visited January 2013
Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Fritch,

Good day and greetings from Le Merdiien Chiang Rai Resort.

First of all, allow me to thank you for visiting Favola, the Italian restaurant in our resort.
I'm really sorry you had to experience such a slow service at Favola and please accept my apologies for that.
As we were full (hotel and restaurants) during the festive season, we indeed faced some challenges in serving our guests promptly. I'm trying to hire more associates but it is not so easy right now unfortunatelly.
I'm sorry indeed if the taste of the food was not good enough and would need your kind details for me to brief the team accordingly in order to improve whatever needs to be.
Regarding your feedback about taking 3 hours to be served and eat, it is surprising as we did have a minimum of 2 services every night for each table which didn't allow us more than 2 hours maximum to turn over the table.
Please accpet my sincere apologies for the slow service anyway as it is certainly not the experience we want you to get.
We hope to have you back in a near future to show you what Le Meridien service is all about.

Meanwhle, receive my warmest regards and my best wishes for 2013.

All the best,

Director of Food+Beverage
Sydney, Australia
“Expensive for what you get.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The food was tasty, however the portions are small and the prices are high for a simple pizza and pasta.

Dear dhruvraniga,

Good day and greetings from Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.

First of all, thank you for visiting Favola restaurant and for taking the time to leave your comments.
I'm sorry to read your message and I'd like to apologise if we did not meet your expectations.
I usually have great comments about the food portion and believe our pricing is very reasonnable however I understand your experience wasn't good enough during your recent visit.
I've shared your comments with my CHef and the Culinary team in order to be consistent with the portion as we normally serve enough food for our guests to enjoy.
Thanks again for your comments and kindly accept my apologies.

Warm rgeards and Happy New Year 2013.

Director of Food+Beverage
Mae Sai, Thailand
“Fabulous Italian Food”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Nice little restaurant at La Meridien, you can sit in or out, we decided to sit inside. The kids had pizza and we were suprised how cheap it was for a 5* hotel. We kind of wished we had stayed here too.

Visited December 2012
Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear UlfSchmitt,

Thank you very much for visiting Favola, the Italian restaurant of Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.

It is great to read your positive comments and I only wish you could stay with us in a near future and we'll see you at Favola again for great Italian delicacies.

All the very best and festive wishes for the New Year 2013!

Director of Food & Beverage
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Does not Disappoint”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I, after Thai food overload, wanted a little bit of Western food. We were staying at the hotel, so Favola was a no-brainer. We were definitely not disappointed. From the complimentary olive tapanade and amuse bouche, to our delicious entrees (I had the veal cutlet, my husband the beef tenderloin), we really enjoyed our "western" evening at our air conditioned table.

In addition to the food, we really enjoyed the attentive service and the relaxing atmosphere. You can sit right on the Mae Kok River outside, or enjoy a break from the heat inside. I highly recommend. We were very impressed with this place in general, especially for a "hotel restaurant."

• Visited December 2012
Dear erinmoliver,

Thank you, first of all, for visiting Favola during your stay and for your great comment about Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.
I'm thrilled to read your good comments about Favola and feel very proud to share this with my teams.
Thanks for complimenting not only the food but the service as well.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2013, we all look forward to seeing you both soon again.

Warm regards,