“A Wonderful Italian Experience”

Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort
Ranked #5 of 330 Restaurants in Chiang Rai
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: WOOD FIRED FROM THE HEART FAVOLA, a specialty Italian restaurant by the Kok River, is the ultimate riverside dining destination in Chiang Rai for the "lazy gourmet" in a contemporary country scene, with breathtaking views of the Kok River and surrounding Mountains either day or evening. The cuisine in Favola is more of a journey rather than a meal period reflecting its name which means "fable or story" in English, where simplistic Italian flavours are presented from our signature wood fired oven and char-grill along with an array other Authentic Italian favourites.
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This authentic restaurant found in the heart of the Le Meridien resort in Chiang Rai is an amazing experience for the whole family complete with amazing flavors, wonderful service, a great atmosphere and best of all a very friendly chef who not only has the talent to craft dishes such as the outstanding Spaghetti Vongole and the magnificent Tiramisu to cap off a wonderful meal, but also has the talent to please all newcomers and guests who dine at Favola. The food is fresh, authentic, delicious and one of a kind, mark my words you cannot find a better italian restaurant in Thailand, or anywhere else in the world. May I thank Chef Kuan and others for such an amazing trip and experience!

Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Tem M,

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review about our Italian Restaurant, Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.

I'm thrilled to read your review and so proud to share with the team.
We really focus on quality and service and I'm so glad you enjoyed so much your experience with us.
On behalf of the whoel team, thanks a lot for supporting and loving Favola so much.
Chef Pan, our Chef de Cuisine and K. Somchai, our restaurant manager are looking forward to welcoming you the soonest again.
Should you need anything during your next stay please inform me directly.

Warm regards,

Director of Food + Beverage

Reviewed November 29, 2011

First off, to find the place, you need to go into Le Meridien hotel, to the second floor. The open plan kitchen is directly in front, as you enter, sparkling clean and tidy, with chefs stopping work to greet you. The restaurant itself is a stylish, high ceilinged room full of chrome and glass. No cosy tratoria this place!

Menu is not huge, but certainly sufficient. There is a “specials” list of house wines – which you do need at Thai wine prices! There are also clearly marked “signature dishes” throughout the menu. Service is excellent.

The food we had was good –and beautifully presented. In fact, the canoli dessert was by any standards brilliant!

Favola is a good, but not great, Italian restaurant. It is expensive by Thai standards – similar to UK prices for good Italian food. That said, it is located in a 5 star hotel and the ambience and service are excellent. We look forward to our next visit - maybe 5 stars next time!

Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear grahamee,

Thank you again (this is the 5 time I answer your post!) for sharing your experince at Favola, the Italian restaurant of Le Meridien Hotels and Resorts.
I just found out my review couldn't reach you as I put the website link of our favola restaurant which isn't permitted by trip Advisor webmaster.

I will then not do so again and I need to inform you the review you posted is about Favola at Le Meridine Chiang Mai and not ours, at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.

I already informed my colleagues and we look forward to welcoming here at Favola, Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort whenever possible.

Receive my very best regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Tonight I had dinner in Favola and I like to express my most special compliments to Lai Kuan Executive Chef and his staff for a most delicious lasagna. It is a very good and positive addition to the menu.

My opinion as a long time resident in Chiang Rai is that Favola is the best restaurant in the city and the Sunday Brunch is the best place to enjoy various foods from all over the world.

Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear seattlesbest123456,

Well, thank you so much for such a fantastic review about Favola, our Italian restaurant at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.

I'm delighted and thrilled to read your amazing review about my Italian Restaurant. we do look forward to welcoming you the soonest for anothe runforgettable dinning experience at Favola.
Chef Pan would be so happy to cook for you!
And we look forward to welcoming you for our Sunday Brunch as well of course.

All the very best and warm regards,

Renaud Mahe
Director of Food & Beverage.

Reviewed December 1, 2010

...to try the beef cheeks! We saw the beef cheeks on the menu, but, chose shrimp and lamb chop dinners, which were excellent.. Wine was pricey. The pizza crust was more like pita bread, but still good. We sat outside next to the river the second night of Loy Krathong and enjoyed the beautiful sky and full moon.

1  Thank HappyNY97
Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear happyNY97,

Thank you very much for your great feedabck and comments about our Italian Restaurant, Favola, at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.

We definitely look forward to welcoming back to us the soonest for you to try our new menu!
As for the wines, Thailand is actually having such an insane tax policy on wine, it make it difficult to offer a large range of wines at an attractive price. Nevertheless, all wines from my list have been selected for their great value for money and it is quite good for the country.
I wish I could do better for our customers though.
Our pizzasa re Napolitan style with a crsipy crust but upon your next visit, do not hesitate to mention how you prefer it to my associates.
Loy Kratong festival is at the corner, why don't you visit us again?
Finally, thank you very mcuh for your comments and receive my warm regards,

Reviewed November 22, 2010

We ate at Favola during a stay at the Le Meridien and it was fantastic. Staff reserved a beautiful table for two for us, and the food was excellent. Contrary to the previous reviewer, we didn't think it was too expensive - sure it's not cheap but this is a classy place in beautiful surroundings. Don't miss the beef cheek if you go there.

Renaud M, Manager at Favola at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear jirrupin,

With delay, thank you for your comments. I'm the new Director of Food & Beverage and I see no one replied to you yet since your last experience.
Thank you indeed for your great feedabck about Favola, our Italian restaurant at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort.
I truly appreciate your comments and your support and I wish to see you both again at Favola and at the resort soon.
I changed the menu with more offers and do hope you'd love it upon your return.

Very best regards from Thailand,