Lowest prices for your stay
$18
Free cancellation until 10/28/21
$13
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
$18
Free cancellation until 10/28/21
Tripadvisor$13
ZenHotels.com
Travelocity$18
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Ben's Guesthouse is one of the oldest guesthouses of the town Chiang Rai, even famous far back in pre-internet times when travelguides like 'Thailand on a Shoestring' and the unsurpassable German language guide of Stefan Loose guided the adventurous tourists that were visiting the north of Thailand. It was not only mentioned but also recommended in both.
Yes, small scale Ben's Guesthouse has changed: nowadays it's super clean, has fresh rooms with aircon, fans, warm showers and wifi, something one never could dream of in the old days and it offers all comfort and services, but what I like about it is that the atmosphere basically remained the same: totally relaxed, friendly, everything is possible and there are no 'musts'.
It's this magical mix of privacy and the feeling of belonging to a travelling family at the same time. I like it, but that's, of course, my personal feeling!
I am a Dutchman living in Chiang Rai, who because of a storm (no electricity, heat and rooftiles flying through the air) recently chose to stay a night in a safe guesthouse in Chiang Rai.
Ben's Guesthouse was my choice (I stayed there once before, many years ago) and it turned out to be a good one. Yes, I can recommend it, you get a lot for ancient prizes. My compliments for the sympathic couple that is running it (the lady does her best, but her husband is fluent in English)!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank hillbobilly
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

this place is certainly nothing terrible. nice layout, rooms, big open spaces, pool, breakfast is ok (dont get iced coffee). service is average, staff very dull and seem uninterested. they gave our friends a lift to bus station the day before, that was nice..then when we left today they told us to catch a taxi..it cost them a star.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Fromcecil
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here twice within the month of August, in a twin share room with fan, however on both occasions no one else checked Into the room so I had it all I myself. It's close to the centre, within walking distance and has a lovely pool. The staff were friendly, aside from one but all round a really pleasant stay. Would thoroughly recommend

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Footsteps2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were two families staying at the VIP rooms for two nights.
The rooms were very nice but the maintenance was less then moderate.
The reception service was less than moderate as well. I broke a glass and asked to help me cleaning the pieces (no broom in room) - they did not show up. But they did bother to bill us for the broken glass.
We had to walk with sandals indoor for two days to make sure we're not stepping on glass.
Breakfast (not included) is relatively expensive, and does not worth it. The staff was not flexibility to kids’ requests.
The swimming pool is nice but it was closed when we really wanted it without prior notice.
The complex is within a short ride to main markets and town, but I did not find restaurants of grocery stores in the nearby streets.
There was also strong construction noise from the next building.
To conclude: The infrastructure is good, but… it's a fair place to stay. No more...

Room tip: Don't give your laundary there it turns out very expensive...
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Hagai K
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Like others Bens was recommeded would definately recommend to others. Great little place, staff lovely, honour system if you want to buy a drink from the fridge. Rooms are very adequate A/C we had a TV in our room if needed.
For what you pay I dont see how anyone could complain. They have all the basics for the bathroom. Pool was good, breaky was great and brilliant prices. I dont think there was a fridge in the room. But excellent if you are on a budget or if you are mixing up your accomodation.

Date of stay: June 2012