Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Rooms are big and clean. FREE wifi in every room. Free breakfast. 600 baht per room plus 200 baht for late checkout. Front desk staff Nee was very helpful and great with kids. I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank JDalaska
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I recently had a very pleasant stay at the Moon and Sun Hotel in Chiang Rai in no small part due to the efforts of the ever smiling Nee who seemed to be the lady in charge although I was never sure of her official role at the hotel. She went out of her way to make sure that I was comfortable and well looked after.
The Moon and Sun is conveniently located just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of central Chiang Rai so that it is nice and quiet but only a five minute ride away when you want to get to the action. Good clean rooms and large bathrooms.
The hotel does not offer an extensive breakfast, no western food other than toast and cereal, the coffee was quite good. Other than that I have nothing but good reviews for Moon and Sun.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank chibri293917
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We really enjoyed this hotel.

It is a short walk to the city centre but we didn't find it too far. The rooms were very comfortable and clean with lots of storage. This was a very good hotel and great value.

Date of stay: October 2011
2  Thank Woodstock_CanadaLand
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here for 500 bht per night which included clean room, cleaned daily, TV, fridge, air conditioner, ensuite and outdoor basin, breakfast. Basin was outside which was a little different. When you turned the shower on it hit the opposite wall. Beds were a little firm. 15 min walk from the night bazaar. Quiet location. Plenty of cupboard space and enough powerpoints to charge up laptops, mobile etc. Free wifi. Breakfast included cereal, eggs, and toast.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank twobigfeets
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Stayed here after reading the Chiang Mai forums. I arrived in Chiang Rai about 8pm. Never made a reservation (last minute decision, and hotel isn't on Agoda), but luckily they had a single room with two double beds available. Room was a good size (I went solo though), and everything was clean.
I had room service twice, as the food was pretty decent, along with the prices. Breakfast was included, but I never made it down.
Only things I really didn't like was the location and the pillows. Walking into town took me about 20min. It felt much longer though, as there's really not too much traffic (car or foot - especially at night). This might be a safety issue for some, but not once did I feel unsafe. The pillows were a bit hard, and too high. That's just me though,as I like slim pillows.
Overall, for the price, it was great. However, if I ever return to Chiang Rai, I might want to try and find a place closer to town.

Date of stay: September 2009