“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Mo i Rana, Norway
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed there for 9 nights in June 2012 while visiting my girlfriend. The hotel is situated a short tuk-tuk drive outside the city. The hotel lobby is nicely decorated in Lanna style.
Stayed in a double room, and while the room was a little snug, it was OK for my stay since the days where usually spent sightseeing the area around the city. The hotels restaurant has a nice breakfast, and also some nice lunch and dinner courses. And the prices are reasonable.
The service was very good, Tim and his wife and the rest of the staff was very helpful advising about places to go, and booking car with driver. They have a laundry service that was quick. I delivered my clothes when we went to breakfast one morning, and when we got back to the hotel in the afternoon, the clothes were in the closet.
The only negative thing I really have to say was that sometimes the towels smelled of mildew.

But I liked my stay, so this year (in 9 days) I am going back to stay for 16 nights. This time I am trying out their suite. According to the photos, it is basically the size of 2 regular rooms, so there is room for a sofa and a coffee table.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sven-Erik1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mount Gambier, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotels location is about 2km from the centre and surrounded by vacant land, paddy and workshops but it is nice and quiet and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. Don't take too much luggage as there is no lift. Breakfast is better than usual in this budget priced hotel. Bathroom is only ok.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Bomoh
Harrogate, England
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked to stay 3 nights at this hotel in November 2012 but had to cancel due to illness (usual stomach etc) two days before going. They still deducted 3 nights from my credit card ( I made the mistake of giving them the number) which I saw on return to UK this month. I complained to Thailand Tourist Authority but no reply. Mike Griffin, Harrogate, England.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Incrediblemike

Travelers are raving about these Chiang Rai hotels

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Both room and food were of excellent value. Great coffee! Comfy bed and everything was spotless. We were there on a motorcycle trip, and had some issues with a bike. Tim went above and beyond to help sort out our troubles. This is a great family-owned establishment. We certainly recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ryan S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Simple, spotlessly clean, friendly and comfortable are the words to describe the Palm Garden.

I imagine the few palm trees planted in the front entrance/car park are responsible for the name of this hotel but there is no garden to speak of. But it was the quietest accommodation I could find in my research and I'm rather glad that it is a 10min tuk-tuk ride from the town centre as it is far too hectic and noisy there for my liking. The tuk-tuk journey is fun anyway and costs only 80 baht.

Free Wifi is available in the hotel lobby and I had reception in our ground floor room. The only disadvantage to the ground floor is that noisy guests arriving can wake you up as the place is tiled from wall to wall making the acoustics very loud.

Our room had a TV, mini-fridge with water, wardrobe etc. It is true that the showers have those little heaters which means the water is never actually hot, but warm enough in these temperatures. We were able to borrow a hairdryer from reception. The air-conditioning in our room was too cold to be kept on at night, but then again in December the evenings are cool so wasn't necessary.

In the building opposite is a little restaurant that belongs to the hotel. Breakfast is a simple but sufficient buffet. We had nice Thai food for dinner here but some western food is also available.

We spent our days doing day-trips with PDA tours (recommended in Lonely Planet and they help support local communities so plus on the ethical factor).

All in all a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms have wifi reception, but can be noisy if guests in reception are loud.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MissNinja
malaysia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I book 3 rooms in July. All the rooms is too hot even the air conditional is turn on.There is no much of big tree and plants surrounded the hotel, even at the morning, the restaurant is also hot, but the foods is good. Basic tea spoon, tea cup, hot water is not provided. No lift in this hotel, not suitable for old people.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank milkbox81
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights when in Chiang Rai and was delighted when we got here. The hotel was spotless as were the rooms. This seems like a fairly new hotel. Breakfast was extensive. The staff were very friendly and always smiling. It is a little outside the town but a Tuk Tuk or taxi are really cheap. The hotel was also great value for money. If I come back to Chiang Rai, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2012